AEC Tool and Default FSX Airport Issues

MZee1960

Hi Herman,

1.      As I said before I have downloaded Vector in november 2014. V 1.20 was at that moment availible but on the FSS store site there was no indication that is was V 1.10.

In my FTX central - Tools - Installed ORBX Products Reports there is a line:   FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 oktober 2014.  

So after installing  why should I go for the 1.10  and  1.15 patch ? 

2.      I also had trees on LFPG.  I put LFPG in the enable site in the Vector AES configuration tool. There were no trees anymore but " hills" . I also have My Traffic installed and when I changed in 

My Traffic  -  scenery -  :    LFPG.BGL  into  LFPG.OFF  LFPG was without trees and "hills" !  I wonder if MZee have  My Traffic installed and is this where we also should look at ? 

Cheers

Bert

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to join the club on this one.  Just done a fresh install.  On a clean copy of FSX I have installed: 1) FS Global 2010 X 2) FTX Global Base 3) FTX Global Vector 4) Updated libraries.  Nothing else.  Same experience.  KSEA in a hole.  Then I exclude KSEA in the configurator, airport enveloped by the suburbs of Seattle.  On each install I did a test flight at KSEA.....definitely something in Vector causing it.  I've played with recommended scenery library orders......no joy...

Hi Herman,

1.      As I said before I have downloaded Vector in november 2014. V 1.20 was at that moment availible but on the FSS store site there was no indication that is was V 1.10.

In my FTX central - Tools - Installed ORBX Products Reports there is a line:   FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 oktober 2014.  

So after installing  why should I go for the 1.10  and  1.15 patch ? 

2.      I also had trees on LFPG.  I put LFPG in the enable site in the Vector AES configuration tool. There were no trees anymore but " hills" . I also have My Traffic installed and when I changed in 

My Traffic  -  scenery -  :    LFPG.BGL  into  LFPG.OFF  LFPG was without trees and "hills" !  I wonder if MZee have  My Traffic installed and is this where we also should look at ? 

Cheers

Bert

hey bert..

U have said it...the exact same observation i have noted..putting LFPG in the enabled list solves the issue..and i also have my traffic installed...so in order to prevent any conflict from that..just place my traffic below all vector files...even AEC..so that all others take precedence over my traffic bgl files...

So milan, as told by bert, check if u have my traffic installed...that may cause some issues...

cheers

I have to join the club on this one.  Just done a fresh install.  On a clean copy of FSX I have installed: 1) FS Global 2010 X 2) FTX Global Base 3) FTX Global Vector 4) Updated libraries.  Nothing else.  Same experience.  KSEA in a hole.  Then I exclude KSEA in the configurator, airport enveloped by the suburbs of Seattle.  On each install I did a test flight at KSEA.....definitely something in Vector causing it.  I've played with recommended scenery library orders......no joy...

I guess to solve this..temporary solution is to disable EXX and check as pointed by Milan....? Though this may cause some problem with shorelines, but u can live with that..better than having trees everywhere on airports!! so this means many people are having similar issues...

Hi Bert, the 1.20 patch was just a thinking direction that maybe it would correct the AEC tool from the 1.20 full installer, just to try, if doesn't help, it doesn't hurt neither since the people with problems are all people using the full 1.20 installer and like I said in a previous post, then this proves there is a problem with the AEC tool and it is up to the PILOTS team to come up with a solution. I only tried to help out here and point the developers in the right direction and obviously this causes some agro with some people that don't wanna be helped by fellow simmers so I am thinking of stopping any help on this Forum and just enjoy my sim wich works fully satisfying without any tree or building problems and therefore put me in a position to compare with others that have problems.

Herman

In the release announcements  Ed wrote in november 2014:      Now there is a full installer for Vector v 1.20  in the FSS store   and   it  is:    V1.10 + V 1.15 = V 1.20 ! ! 

So,  I think, there is no need to install the patches when you installed Vector 1.20 after  the release  on november  7.  Am I wrong ?

Bert

Hi Herman,

I was posting my topic ( 4.41 pm) and then I saw your reply at 4.35 PM.

You did a great job ! !   trying to help us solve the problems.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Bert

hey herman...

No body said that you helping out was bad or anything..its just when the orbx developers have themselves mentioned that vector 1.20 complete installer is sufficient, what is the need of installing patches..as also pointed out by bert too?

Thats just an enquiry...you may not be having any issues,..and i am seeing you are trying very well in helping out others and thanks a ton for that...but if already vector 1.20 which is the latest version is installed...then is there a need to run patches again? As mentioned by you, if there is some issue with AEC tool in vector 1.20 installer...then it is something the Developer's have look in to...i have already informed Richard about this...hope in the next patch or something..he will correct this...

Hi Bert, version 1.20 was an update from 1.15 and quite a huge one correcting all of North America, definitely not 1.10 and 1.15 put together, version 1.15 was the first version that came with the auto configurator tool and in that version nobody had problems with it not working so maybe there went something wrong in the tool with the coding from 1.20 and since I went from 1.15 with a patch to 1.20 the tool was probably not updated so mine kept working. Maybe if you would be willing to go through the hassle of running the 1.20 or maybe even the 1.15 patch first and then the 1.20 patch it just might help or not, I don't know and like I mentioned before; it's only thinking out loud what I do here to try to help, no more, no less. I'm not on PILOTS pay list nor do I get any percentage on the sales numbers.

Herman

from what i conclude here, i find that herman has done an install from vector 1.10 to 1.15 and then  finally 1.20 update..in this order...but milan, on the other hand has done a complete fresh install of vector 1.20 download from the flightsimstore...

Both of them have 13.2GB.....so is it something to do with the difference in installation? like something missing in complete 1.20 install? Just a doubt....even i had trees and other issues at LFPG....i solved this by disabling EXX...another way of solving this issue was to enable LFPG in AEC list(since AEC tool automatically put it in the disabled list..)...So after this i thought everything is solved, but then VIDP had issues! so i tried the same thing of enabling VIDP in AEC list..but still VIDP had issues...so a s a final solution, i disabled EXX in the scenery library, ran the AEC tool...and finally it solved all the problems of trees appearing here and there....but this also led to some minor issues of shorelines...but i guess..i can go with that unless a permanent solution is found...

cheers

hey bert..

U have said it...the exact same observation i have noted..putting LFPG in the enabled list solves the issue..and i also have my traffic installed...so in order to prevent any conflict from that..just place my traffic below all vector files...even AEC..so that all others take precedence over my traffic bgl files...

So milan, as told by bert, check if u have my traffic installed...that may cause some issues...

cheers

I guess to solve this..temporary solution is to disable EXX and check as pointed by Milan....? Though this may cause some problem with shorelines, but u can live with that..better than having trees everywhere on airports!! so this means many people are having similar issues...

Hi Bert, version 1.20 was an update from 1.15 and quite a huge one correcting all of North America, definitely not 1.10 and 1.15 put together, version 1.15 was the first version that came with the auto configurator tool and in that version nobody had problems with it not working so maybe there went something wrong in the tool with the coding from 1.20 and since I went from 1.15 with a patch to 1.20 the tool was probably not updated so mine kept working. Maybe if you would be willing to go through the hassle of running the 1.20 or maybe even the 1.15 patch first and then the 1.20 patch it just might help or not, I don't know and like I mentioned before; it's only thinking out loud what I do here to try to help, no more, no less. I'm not on PILOTS pay list nor do I get any percentage on the sales numbers.

Herman

Hi Guys,

I have Ultimate Traffic 2 for my AI Traffic and not aware of it causing any issues related to this.

Govind had mentioned above that   'AEC Tool automatically put LFPG on disabled list' .  My AEC Tool does not work if I select the  'auto config'  method.  Not a single airport gets put on the  'disabled'  list after running it in the  'auto config'  mode, and those airports I put there  'manually'  just disappear and the  'disabled'  column has no airports listed after 'auto config' is run. This further leads me to believe that my AEC Tool does not work properly, if it did, then I should have airports appearing in  'disabled'  column after running the Tool in the  'auto config'  mode,  right ?  Also, Herman pointed out that all airports that were   'disabled'  by the Tool should have an  ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl  entry in the VECTOR_ APT folder created by the Tool when that particular airport is  'disabled'   by it.  I have NO such Default.bgl entries created for any airports I disabled  (manually) using this Tool.  Another indication something not right with this AEC Tool in my Vector addon.

This leads me to believe that  :

1) Vector V1.5 had a fully functioning AEC Tool and  the  'patch'  to  V1.2  left it  'untouched',  hence those who had only updated from  V1.15  to  V1.20  were left with a fully functioning Tool, as before.,  and

2) Vector V1.2  which is currently available at FSS,  may have somehow, in the update process to include the previous versions, received a corrupt or incomplete version of the AEC Tool. 

Most people that used the patch from V1.15 to V1.2 seem to have no or very few issues,  but most of us who downloaded the newly released V1.2 , seem to have a lot of issues with the Tool.

Hence,  a fresh re-download and re-install of Vector should work if V1.2 has a fully functioning AEC Tool.  Otherwise, a download of V1.15 and a subsequent patch to 1.2 is, I think, warranted. 

Any thoughts ?

MZ

1) Vector V1.5 had a fully functioning AEC Tool and  the  'patch'  to  V1.2  left it  'untouched',  hence those who had only updated from  V1.15  to  V1.20  were left with a fully functioning Tool, as before.,  and

2) Vector V1.2  which is currently available at FSS,  may have somehow, in the update process to include the previous versions, received a corrupt or incomplete version of the AEC Tool. 

Most people that used the patch from V1.15 to V1.2 seem to have no or very few issues,  but most of us who downloaded the newly released V1.2 , seem to have a lot of issues with the Tool.

Hence,  a fresh re-download and re-install of Vector should work if V1.2 has a fully functioning AEC Tool.  Otherwise, a download of V1.15 and a subsequent patch to 1.2 is, I think, warranted. 

Any thoughts ?

MZ

Hey milan....in that case....even i have downloaded the complete 1.20 version and installed..but my   AEC is working perfectly..it has a number of airports in enabled and disabled list....now the chances that your download has went corrupt had gone a bit high..since only for u...there are no airports in AEC disabled list...but me ...who have used the same install process as yours have many airports in disabled list..

any thoughts?

cheers

Hi Govind,

I agree 100 %. and that is why I am contemplating a fresh re-download and re-install of Vector. I would like to try the 1.15 version, then the patch to 1.2 to see if any difference, but all the links at FSS to my downloads are 1.2 , so I guess I will have to use V1.2 . 

Cheers,

MZ

Hi Govind,

I agree 100 %. and that is why I am contemplating a fresh re-download and re-install of Vector. I would like to try the 1.15 version, then the patch to 1.2 to see if any difference, but all the links at FSS to my downloads are 1.2 , so I guess I will have to use V1.2 . 

Cheers,

MZ

Milan try complete 1.20 version like us...and see that resolves it....which means your earlier version of vector was corrupted. Still if its the same issue...then try 1.10, patch it to 1.15 and finally to 1.20 and check then...even after this the issue persists..then there is some other thing (add on )conflicting in your case....which  n eeds to be checked further byy you  only...but     i guess  a fresh 1.20 install should itself solve ur issue...since i too have 1.20 complete installed with AEC working fine..                

Major update for everybody with the full 1.20 version problems;

I have uninstalled my own Vector completely as I described here earlier ( takes about 2 minutes to finish) since I had the 1.10 version on a backup disk so I always could revert back if things would turn sour on me.

Then I downloaded the full 1.20 installer with my download manager, stopped my antivirus and installed version1.20 and guess what? the same problem as others with the trees and stuff so that confirms that the Vector tool that comes with the full installer is bad.

Know there is an easy solution for this.

There are two different kinds of AEC tool problems;

The first solution is for the people that, after running the auto configurator, don't see any airport in the disabled side;

1st, uninstall vector as explained earlier. Run CCleaner or other registry cleaner app and go to the FSS store.

2nd Download version 1.20 full installer with a download manager ( imperative to be sure you have a good download ),

3rd; stop your AV (imperative since this can block some files ) unzip and run the installer.

4th after the installer opens up FTX central, click on global and apply and then run the AUTO CONFIGURATOR and after it finishes run apply, close the tool and then click Finish from the installer.

You should see airports on the disabled side, if not you did something wrong.

Now comes the part for everybody;

Download patch 1.15 from the FTX support site with the download manager and install it exactly as described above for the 1.20 full installer.

( the first thing I noticed when the installer started running is that it loaded the missing ABP_ICAO_Default files from version 1.20; so might help for Richard to know where to look)

Now run FSX, do a short flight and stop ( from this point on you will notice that the tool works and disabling an airport will put the default files in the APT folder and will show default background without trees)

Download patch 1.20 and follow the same again.

After don't forget to start your AV again.

Hope this is the end of this long story, and for Bert, I will post this in the Dutch forum to this afternoon.

Herman

PS; don't forget to run the ORBX_LIBS installer after you finished this install.

Hi Guys !

So I completely removed all traces of FTX Global Vector as per Herman's instructions, ran CCleaner, ran Smart Defrag to defragment the drive, re-booted the system, opened up FlashGet3.7 Download Manager, went to FSS and downloaded a fresh copy of FTX Global Vector 1.20, then turned off my antivirus (Kaspersky PURE 3.0), unzipped the file with WinRAR, moved the extracted file to the desktop and ran the installer. The installer then briefly opened FTX Central, then closed it before I had a chance to do anything.  I then manually opened FTX Central from the icon myself, clicked on Global and hit  'apply'.  I then opened the Vector Config Tool by clicking on the desktop icon, ran the  'Auto Config' and clicked  'apply' after it finished. NO AIRPORTS showed up in the  'disabled'  list after it finished running.  I then clicked  'apply'  and  'exit' to close it,  I then clicked  'finish' on the  installer , followed by  'finish'  on the wrapper.  Went for a flight, same valley at KSEA as before. Then manually disabled KSEA in the Tool, and trial flight showed trees, buildings etc. everywhere at KSEA airport grounds, but elevation issue was fixed, ....

So basically, nothing at all changed from before.  Now I stopped at this point as was running short on time.  I did not yet download the patches 1.15 and 1.20. Did you say, Herman, that the AEC Tool will show airports on  'disabled'  list once the Vector  1.15 patch is installed and the  'autoconfig'  is then run, or should this have happened after the initial full 1.20 version was installed  ?  Lots of people who say their AEC Tool works in 'autoconfig' mode downloaded V1.15 Patch, then the V1.20 patch so I am wondering if the V1.15 Patch is THE ONE which actually has a fully functioning AEC Tool  ?

Here are the screenshots from my recent download.

img]http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/30/Dwm2015-01-2922-26-29-95.jpg

Dwm2015-01-2922-29-54-69.jpg

Dwm2015-01-2922-27-03-68.jpg

Dwm2015-01-2922-01-22-44.jpg

Dwm2015-01-2922-27-57-34.jpg

Dwm2015-01-2923-10-26-74.jpg

As you can see, I got a couple pop-ups : A Program Compatability Assistant (to which I clicked 'program installed correctly'), Unhandled Exception Error (to which I clicked 'continue'). The Program Compatability Assistant said something about this Vector program may not run well in your version of windows, and offered a choice to 're-install it' in a form that is more compatible ?? Said 'no' to reinstall and closed out of it. The Unhandled Exception Error said the C:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\backup.dat file could not be found, I clicked continue and that's when the FTX Vector Configurator opened.

So what should I do now ? Continue with patch 1.15, then patch 1.20 ? Re-install this V1.20 all over again, then go to patch 1.15, then patch 1.20 ? or ??

All of my addons are listed in my signature below. Could Ultimate Traffic 2 be somehow interfering ? Wolter said something about AED files and as far as I can tell, Ultimate Traffic 2 does not use any airport scenery files at all.

MZ

what puzzles me Milan is that, why you have no airports in the disabled list under AEC??  something wrong is happening at your end....I have installed the complete 1.20 version as yours and i have a working AEC tool with airports appearing in the disabled list....as herman pointed out..he told if you have this issue..then download 1.20 version again..reinstall it...and that would solve the problem...but in your case..you still have no airports in the disabled list!  this is an entirely separate issue...as that is not how AEC works...and we cant say this is with 1.20 version since i too have installed your same version...

I guess some other add on is interfering in your case...or is that again a corrupt download? have you switched off AV as told by Herman while downloading....? i think you need to first solve the problem of why no airports are coming in the disabled list...

Hello MZee,

You can find the previous installers under the link provided http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

Thanks

Richard

hey richard...

Where is vector 1.10 version??i cant find it under release announcements too?Can you give the link? I have already downloaded the parches 1.15 and 1.20 and now need 1.10 as starting to begin with?...

thanking you

Hi Mzee, did you stop the UAC on your system? you can find this in Control, user accounts and make sure the slider is completely down. It might help to stop Windows defender all together to, this helps increase performance and doesn't work as an AV anyway and don't forget to right click on the .exe installer and click " run as administrator". When I installed the full version 1.20 it opened up FTXCentral as well as the vector tool but it looks like that is blocked by your system. They both have to open and stay open until everything has run and has been applied else the tool won't be implemented in the program and won't work, so opening after you click the finish button won't help.

Put the UAC slider down, stop Windows defender and stop any other program that might block something like a malware program or similar stuff, and see what it does then.

You might try patch 1.15 but I'm scared that the tool in there is going to be blocked to.

Herman

PS; Ultimate traffic 2 doesn't interfere in anyway, I run that to without any problem, they don't use common files that could get corrupted on install.

Hi Govind, you don't need version 1.10, I installed the full 1.20 installer and ran the 1.15 patch and then the 1.20 patch over that and it works just fine.

From the moment you ran the 1.15 patch, the tool will work, as I mentioned in a previous post, the first files that are installed with that patch are the missing ABP_ICAO_Default. files from version 1.20 so forget about version 1.10.

hey herman....

Your observations are damn right i guess..tonight...i enabled EXX in the scenery library and ran the AEC tool....and what i noted was surprising...!!!! trees everywhere on EDDS, LFPG,  EBBR..etc..and dont know how many more airports...so what i did was enable AEC for all these airports since AEC tool put them in the disabled list...and to my surprise all these 3 airports were back to normal...so i was totally surprised...there is seriously some issue with AEC tool coming with complete vector 1.20 installer which places airports in the disabled list which should have been in the enabled list or , which places airports in the disabled list correctly but does not produce an additional  ABP.ICAO.default.bgl as told by you in the APT folder!!! either way ...it is causing some serious issue!!! 

and for milan..i checked hoe KSEA looks with vector EXX enabled and KSEA in the disabled list...and to my surprise...KSEA looks perfect in my side...so Milan it might be some issue at your side since i am not able to reproduce your results....

MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX2015-1-30-21-49

MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX2015-1-30-21-49

So KSEA is fine at my side...but as Herman pointed out..there is some serious issue with AEC tool which comes with vector 1.20 complete installer!

Developers..please check in to this as this is a serious issue...

Hi Herman,

UAC on my system has been  'off'  for a long time now.  I will turn Defender off, however.  I ran the installer  'as administrator'   on all previous attempts.

What is bothering me are the 2 pop-ups in the screenshots above I received last time at the end ?

1) Program Compatability Assistant  -  based on this message, am I to believe that Vector V1.20 is not compatible with W7 64bit ?  Would clicking  'Reinstall using recommended settings.'  bypass or override something which is preventing a proper install ?

2) Unhandled Exception Error  -  Could not find the file :  C:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\backup.dat   -  this looks like a file from the just downloaded Vector addon, is it missing ?

I will try another fresh re-download and re-install later today and see how that goes, and let you know.

Cheers,

Milan..

Hi Herman,

Got as far as a fresh re-download and install of Vector V1.20 from FSS tonight.  Used your advice and disabled antivirus, firewall, Windows defender. Also used a totally different link for the download (Australia).

The good news is,  this time.  I got the FTX Central window to actually open and stay opened which allowed me to click Global and Apply.  The Vector Configuration Tool also opened on it's own, allowing me to run the  'auto config'  and hit 'apply'. Then I clicked finish on the installer, followed by the wrapper. 

The bad news is,  that nothing in the sim changed.  No airports were added to disabled list by running the  'autoconfig'  in the Tool.  Manually disabling an airport like KSEA, corrected the elevation in the sim, but got trees, houses everywhere on airport property again. I also got the same 2 pop ups I mentioned earlier (above) -  Program Compatability Assistant,  and  Unhandled Exception Error.

I am now not sure if I should try downloading the V1.15 Patch, followed by the V 1.20 Patch,  or ?   Do you have any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Milan.

Hi Milan

Go ahead and try to install patch 1.15 and see if the vector tool then works? the first pop up you can click install again with compatibility settings and you could try that if patch 1.15 doesn't work.

The second popup just ignore, it is what I believe also a mistake in the full installer looking for a back up file from a previous install that isn't there anymore because we deleted that, I got the second popup to, not the first though.

The 1.15 patch is only a small download and install so if that doesn't work then don't go for the 1.20 patch, it won't work either.( 1.20 patch is meant here, the download patch from the support site, not the 1.20 full installer from your FSS account )

Anyway, I'm already happy that you made some progress,

Herman

Hi Ian and Herman,

I PM'd one of the Pilot's developers a long while back. Just received his PM'd answer back. You will not believe what he had to say. Apparently he is surprised that the AEC Tool when run in 'auto config' mode would actually put ANY default FSX airports on the 'disabled' list. To quote him : 'Why do you think that the tool should put FSX default airports in the inactive list? This should actually NEVER be the case...' .

IMO, I think the Tool is there to 'fix' elevation issues which may arise from addon airports (FlyTampa, Aerosoft etc.) which have been originally developed on the 'flat airport concept' which seems to be a characteristic of pure vanilla FSX, in order to make them 'work' with the Vector addon. That is to say, if you have pure, vanilla FSX, and buy someone's KSEA addon and install it, then it will work fine. If you later buy Vector, and run the 'autoconfig' mode in the Tool, the Tool will somehow find that KSEA addon, and then determine that KSEA default has elevation issues, so it will for some reason but KSEA on 'disabled' list NOT because it wants to make sure the 'default' KSEA is displayed correctly in the sim, BUT because it wants to make sure the addon KSEA is displayed correctly in the sim. The 'trigger' being the fact that an addon airport for that specific ICAO code exists in the Scenery Library and the Tool knows that there are elevation issues there. If there was no addon airport for KSEA in the Library, KSEA would remain on 'enabled' list after the 'auto-config' mode is run. I read what it said in the description under 'Automatic Configuration' in the Tool itself which solely refers to 'identifying all addons that will likely cause conflicts with FTX Vector, and those affected by this will the automatically be disabled'. It does not say 'default FSX airports', after all, which is what I was assuming all along would be the case. So, I guess, what he is trying to say is , if you have no airport addons for the areas with known elevation issues, you should not have anything listed in the 'disabled' column after the 'auto config' mode is run. Same with, if you have addon airports, but for areas which have no default elevation issues. It is the presence of an addon airport for an area where the default FSX airport has elevation issues with the Vector addon which 'triggers' the Tool to act when it's run in the 'auto config' mode.

..............Anyway, hopefully he will clarify more on this in the coming days, as he promised. Certainly this is more 'food for thought' and puts a new 'spin' on the question : So how do you know if your AEC Tool is working properly ? Is it by what results you see in the sim (trees, houses on airport grounds vs no trees,houses - when elevation issue is corrected by the Tool) ? Or is it simply by what airports it puts, or doesn't put on the 'disabled' list after the 'auto config' is run ? Or, is it a combination of these two ? .......Just boggles my mind. :(???:banghead:

Well, anyway, for now I am going to forget about everything else, and aim to hopefully get good scenery results and nice clean airports with the Tool. I will try the V1.15 patch. If I get good results, then I will add the V1.20 patch.

I'll let you know, how things went in a day or so,

Cheers,

MZ

Hi Herman,

OK, so I just could not wait until tomorrow to continue this project.    :-X 

I went over to Support here, downloaded the V1.15 Patch, then installed it. FTX Central opened up, I clicked Global and  'apply'. No popups this time ! Went to FSX for flight at KSEA. Saw the KSEA was in a valley. Exited FSX. Ran  'auto-config'  in the Tool, with no airports showing up on disabled list after it finished. I then manually put KSEA on disabled list. Started FSX, went for a flight at KSEA.  Patch V1.15 worked !!  ^-^  KSEA is back to as it should be, and level with all surroundings (as is KLAS after I manually disabled it in the Tool also).

Dwm2015-01-3119-29-50-95.jpg
Dwm2015-01-3119-29-47-91.jpg

I am so happy to get this fixed !! Thank-you !!   ::)

Tomorrow, I will probably download the V1.20 Patch (hopefully it won't fix what is no longer broken - LOL !).  Should I also download the ORBXlibs, even though I already have them from 1 week ago ?  If so, what happens to the version I have  (I think it's the exact same version #) ?  I remember reading here that ORBXlibs should be downloaded after every scenery update, patch or purchase here, is that true ?  or only when you no longer have the latest version # ?

I will let you know, how V1.20 worked for me in a day or so.  Hopefully I will also get more feedback from Pilot's re how the Vector Tool is supposed to work,  and if my 'hunch', as explained above is correct.

Cheers,
MZ

(PS.  Govind is absolutely correct.  The current, complete Vector  V1.20 Download should be re-examined by the developers for potential AEC Tool issues, IMHO.)  

Hi Milan, glad to here that everything worked like it already did for so many others ( look at the views rising sky high for this topic ). Patch 1.20 ( not the full installer please ) will not brake anything, the tool now does work. Yes , it is best to run the latest ORBXlib again, I don't know if that has to done but just to be on the safe side.

Funny thing though what this PILOTS guy says, I have over 60 airports on the disabled side, all found by the auto configurator and only 2 of them I have as an add on? and if I look at the enabled list, there are a lot of default airports. I still have 2 other airport add ons that the tool doesn't find, not in the disabled list, nor on the enabled list.

Herman

Hi!

Can anyone who installed the FULL Version 1.20 confirm that this does NOT happen on his machine?

The problem seems to be a missing ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl file (which will automatically be activated when you deactive AEC for KSEA).

@electricman: Are you sure you don't have any additional airports shipped with region add-ons (such as FTX Norway etc)? Because the auto-configurator only spots differences to add-on airports, not default ones).

Bernd

Hi!

Can anyone who installed the FULL Version 1.20 confirm that this does NOT happen on his machine?

The problem seems to be a missing ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl file (which will automatically be activated when you deactive AEC for KSEA).

@electricman: Are you sure you don't have any additional airports shipped with region add-ons (such as FTX Norway etc)? Because the auto-configurator only spots differences to add-on airports, not default ones).

Bernd

I can confirm what herman has said...i have installed the complete 1.20 vector version and i too have many airports in the disabled list....and its not just about a missing ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl...for every disabled airports in AEC ,...there should be a similar file in APT folder..which is not coming in vector 1.20 complete  installer...but happens when u patch vector  from 1.10 to 1.15 to 1.20...as pointed out by Herman and confirmed by me...i had already started another topic on this....as a person who has installed the vector FULL version 1.20 on my machine..i can confirm ..these  anomalies are happening in my machine....and also Bernd, dont you think the non appearance of any airports in the AEC tool after running it is a bit weird since i have a handful of airports in disabled and enabled list...and with 1.20 complete version...after AEC tool runs..it puts some airports in disabled list..which leads to trees ,  buildings appearing all over the airport..and once you enable that airport in enabled list manually...all issues are gone..some examples being LFPG, EBBR, EDDS, ...i have only checked these three...but have no issue with KSEA in the disabled list..(screenshots are only attached)..so dont you think this has something to do with the AEC tool that comes with complete 1.20 vector installer since once you run the 1.15 patch and 1.20 patch again over the complete  1.20 version..all these issues are sorted out as again pointed out by Herman and others.

thanking you

Hi Bernd, the only full fat region I have is PNW but tests are done with FTXCentral set to Global, I have Aerosofts EBBR as only payware add on and that is found by the tool. For the rest I have all 20 NA freeware packs and Europe packs 1,3,5 en 6. I also have freeware add ons for EBCI, EBKH en EDDL and non of these show up in the tool, not in the enabled and not on the disabled side. Then PILOTs claim they don't touch default airports, I just took 2 airports at random out of the enabled list and just as I figgerd, they had elevation issues, KSCH and KSDL, both are plain default airports?

Does this answer your question?

Herman

I can confirm what herman has said...i have installed the complete 1.20 vector version and i too have many airports in the disabled list....and its not just about a missing ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl...for every disabled airports in AEC ,...there should be a similar file in APT folder..which is not coming in vector 1.20 complete  installer...but happens when u patch vector  from 1.10 to 1.15 to 1.20...as pointed out by Herman and confirmed by me...i had already started another topic on this....as a person who has installed the vector FULL version 1.20 on my machine..i can confirm ..these  anomalies are happening in my machine....and also Bernd, dont you think the non appearance of any airports in the AEC tool after running it is a bit weird since i have a handful of airports in disabled and enabled list...and with 1.20 complete version...after AEC tool runs..it puts some airports in disabled list..which leads to trees ,  buildings appearing all over the airport..and once you enable that airport in enabled list manually...all issues are gone..some examples being LFPG, EBBR, EDDS, ...i have only checked these three...but have no issue with KSEA in the disabled list..(screenshots are only attached)..so dont you think this has something to do with the AEC tool that comes with complete 1.20 vector installer since once you run the 1.15 patch and 1.20 patch again over the complete  1.20 version..all these issues are sorted out as again pointed out by Herman and others.

thanking you

The reason for trees and building appearing is because there seems to be something wrong with the full installer of 1.20 - I will check that with the guy who created the installer.

Hi Bernd, the only full fat region I have is PNW but tests are done with FTXCentral set to Global, I have Aerosofts EBBR as only payware add on and that is found by the tool. For the rest I have all 20 NA freeware packs and Europe packs 1,3,5 en 6. I also have freeware add ons for EBCI, EBKH en EDDL and non of these show up in the tool, not in the enabled and not on the disabled side. Then PILOTs claim they don't touch default airports, I just took 2 airports at random out of the enabled list and just as I figgerd, they had elevation issues, KSCH and KSDL, both are plain default airports?

Herman

Where do you get the "PILOT'S claim they don't touch default airports" from!? There still seems to be a misunderstanding of what AEC actually does; first of all, not all of the default airports need an elevation correction - we have used a threshold value; only if the difference between the FSX default airport elevation and the real-world elevation differs by more than xx feet AEC files will be created to adjust the elevation. This is not done by "editing" default airports - we don't touch them at all, but we provide additional files that will adjust them (in the FTX_VECTOR_EXX, FTX_VECTOR_APT and FTX_VECTOR_ABP folders).

As to why not all add-on airports show up in the disabled list: some of them might not even have an AEC in the first place (see paragraph above - because FSX default elevation was close enough to real world elevation thus not requiring correction) or the elevation of the add-on airport is not in conflict with our corrected elevation. Remember: AEC for add-on airport will only be disabled if:

1.) there is an AEC in the first place

2.) the AEC is in conflict with the add-on airport (in other words: the add-on developer relies on the default airport elevation which will be restored by disabling AEC).

It seems that the root of all problems in this thread is that the full installer for 1.20 has a problem which I hope we will fix soon.

Bernd

The reason for trees and building appearing is because there seems to be something wrong with the full installer of 1.20 - I will check that with the guy who created the installer.

Thanks a lot Bernd for the quick reply....So for the time being until the next patch is released...shall i do what herman has told? To run the vector 1.15 patch and 1.20 patch over the full 1.20 installed vector?? Will this correct the AEc tool?I am thinking of doing this tonight...shall i go on with this?

thanking you

Thanks a lot Bernd for the quick reply....So for the time being until the next patch is released...shall i do what herman has told? To run the vector 1.15 patch and 1.20 patch over the full 1.20 installed vector?? Will this correct the AEc tool?I am thinking of doing this tonight...shall i go on with this?

thanking you

Yes, I think that's the way to go! However, it's not the VECTOR Configuration tool that is the problem (it's the same version for both installation variants) but rather some BGL files which are not properly installed in VECTOR 1.20 full installer.

Bernd

Herman

Hey herman..

You have mentioned a fix to all this issue..by running 1.15 patch over 1.20 installed vector and then run 1.20 patch over it?? Anything i should keep in mind before doing this?? Like should i run the AEC tool again before doing this as i manually enabled some airports before? could you just elaborate how you did this?

thanking you

Archived