AEC Tool and Default FSX Airport Issues

MZee1960

Hi Guys !

I just downloaded FTX Global Vector from FSS yesterday,  Jan.21st.   Go to fly from default FSX airport  -  KSEA.     Airport is in a  'valley'  now.

7zEi1.jpg

OK,  easy fix with AEC Tool.   Put KSEA on  'disabled'  list.

PMshQ.jpg

Now airport looks like this,  (houses and trees at airport, runway incomplete, but elevation issue fixed)  :

yeBSq.jpg
rySsQ.jpg

Then I checked in forums here,  one comment said to   'uncheck'   (disable)   ORBX!VECTOR_EXX Scenery file from the library,  so I tried it.  Airport elevation is now correct with no trees and houses at airport. Went for a flight and noticed a   'strange grey line'   near edges of water bodies which was not there before  (ie. when the ORBX!VECTOR_EXX Scenery file was checked/enabled - no grey line,  when unchecked/disabled - grey line).   Please see results below  :

pq38v.jpg

Grey line near coastline.

Darb5.jpg

Now gone, when ORBX!VECTOR_EXX Scenery is enabled.

M5snu.jpg

I am not sure now how to fix the default FSX airport elevation issue(s) - for example at KSEA - get rid of the houses, trees and fix the runway,  without creating another problem such as the  'grey lines along coastlines'  ?

I have NO addon scenery whatsoever.   Just FSX, SP1, SP2, REX E+w/OD, UT2, AccuFeel V2 AL&S, several addon aircraft, and FTX Global & Vector.  That's it.

Please help !   Thank-you,

MZ

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey mzee...

I have kept EXX disabled because it solved all my issues of trees appearing on runway/ taxiway and all at many airports...however..i have also noticed this grey line near coast lines as you can see towards the end of the vidseo when i am going to land..

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_-K122NX8I

however...i am fine with those grey lines because that is better than having to land in an airport full of trees and buildings placed randomly over runways and taxiways...for time being this is my solution.. and i hope the developers soon find a solution to this.

cheers

Hi Herman, 

I installed FTX Global 1 week ago, and Vector only 2 days ago. Let the installer do the library insertions. I never touched or modified anything in the library.

Being relatively  'new'  to Orbx stuff,  could you please elaborate on what you mean by  'latest Orbx libraries'  ?  I assume that with a recent download everything would be up to date  ?  Where are these  'latest'  libraries  found  ?   

All this talk here about  Orbxlibs  (not sure what these are ?),  Scenery Library insertion points  (these refer to what  ?) has left me spending many hours hunting for answers through post after post with no luck in finding any.. 

I am SURE that I am not the only one who gets trees and houses on airport property after using the AEC Tool to correct default airport elevations, as per the posts in these forums pertaining to this issue  ?  So, where can I find the answer ?  I now find my plans to further update FSX scenery derailed by what seems to be a  'texture bleed issue'  arising from default airport elevation corrections using the AEC Tool. I also do not want to start  'disabling'  files in the scenery library at random, if I don't know what they are for, in hopes of correcting things.  This is the equivalent of purchasing addon scenery and then disabling the scenery I just paid for, and trying to rationalize in my mind that this was a  'good'  move. 

Please excuse my frustrations, but I guess what I beleived to be an easy fix for what seems to be a simple issue is turning out to be a very long and frustrating search for answers,  I find Orbx scenery a very nice FSX upgrade, and have plans on purchasing a great deal more,  but now I am at an impasse and forced to wait for answers.  

Hi Mzee, the latest ORBX librarie can be found on the ORBX site under "suport" at the very bottom, there is usually two files; one for FSX and one for P3D, after every new install of an ORBX product, no matter wich one wether it's a landclass or a freeware or payware airport, Always download and install this librarie, even if it is the same number you already have installed. As for the scenery librarie in FSX, it works like follows; FSX loads scenery and mesh in a specific order, the entries on top of the list always have priority over everything below it, so if you have add on scenery below landclass in the list then you will encounter problems, the order should be from bottom to top; default entries ( the areas with numbers), then 4 entries from VECTOR,(up to here everything installs just fine so need to worrie there ) then will come the entries with the names of the continents and then should come all LANDCLASS entries like Global Base and above that all other add ons you might have and then the FTX_ORBX LIBS entrie and as final the FTX_AA_airports if you have that.Making this a thing of habit should prevent a lot of problems but some airports still suffer from a tree on a place were it shouldn't be and that is what is talked about a lot are usually the same few airports and I rest a sure that the ORBX team will provide a patch for them at some point. Hope this is of some help to you?

Herman

@ coolgovind180, STOP blurting on the forums to disable complete sections of the Vector files !!! it is counter productive to be able to determine any issue for the Vector team if not all files are active

for the others,

please try and switch FTX Central to Global and then back to NA hitting apply on both counts, fire up fsX and let it rebuild it's Dbase, have a look at the field, close fsX

WAIT till the fsX application is fully shut down, takes a bit of time, the run then Vector AEC tool, follow the prompts on screen and DON't forget to hit Apply BEFORE exiting the Application , fire up fsX again and see what it looks now

@ coolgovind180, STOP blurting on the forums to disable complete sections of the Vector files !!! it is counter productive to be able to determine any issue for the Vector team if not all files are active

i expect from you a more decent way to talk to me....i am not blurting stuff just like that!!!! I was one of the first one to post an issue regarding trees appearing on runways and taxiways!! I asked many times to richard but he was not able to come up with a fix..so i troubleshooted myself and arrived at one way to prevent this!! by disabling EXX in the scenery library! After doing this, i have never come across this issue again! Imagine doing a long haul flight to LFPG and when u arrive  you notice trees everywhere! how frustrating it would be! i noticed this with EBBR , VIDP and dont know how many other airports had this issue! so i decided to one by one disable vector files and found out EXX was causing this issue! since then i have never encountered any other problems! I have tried many times in solving this without excluding EXX from scenery library by running latest libraries , running vector auto tool..but all in vain! the only solution was to disable EXX! and unless the developer comes up with a solution, i have to do it in this way!! 

And since the topic starter inboxed me personally and asked..i told him to try like that! not that i just blurted out! i have no idea why you are not coming across this issues..but since i have it and many others are seeing similar issues..many have solved it by disabling EXX...that is atleast a temporary solution unless there is any other step to do! I am trying my best to help people here!1 not blurt out unwanted stuff! Period!

cheers!

WAIT till the fsX application is fully shut down, takes a bit of time, then run the Vector AEC tool, follow the prompts on screen and DON't forget to hit Apply BEFORE exiting the Application , fire up fsX again and see what it looks now

Your right Wolter, it does take time. I've seen it take up to 30 seconds (on my rigs) sometimes to do all the housekeeping chores it is most likely performing. All one has to do is: before closing FSX open Task Manager, find the fsx.exe running. Now close FSX, when the FSX icon disappears from the task bar, now count how many seconds it takes for fsx.exe to actually turn off in Task Manager.

I'm not sure why the number of seconds varies from one session to the next but there is always a noticeable delay between the icon disappearing and the .exe closing out with memory to zero.

Hi Guys,

So I tried Herman's suggestion and followed Wolter's suggestions above.  All of my Scenery Library is in correct order as per Herman's instructions above, and Wolter's link to the pdf titled  'How to configure Open LC Scenery library entries'.  My insertion point is above the OpenLC entries at  'Addon Scenery'. I also downloaded and installed the latest Orbxlibs entry in my FSX Scenery Library.

I also did this as per Wolter's suggestion (above)  :

'please try and switch FTX Central to Global and then back to NA hitting apply on both counts, fire up fsX and let it rebuild it's Dbase, have a look at the field, close fsX

WAIT till the fsX application is fully shut down, takes a bit of time, the run then Vector AEC tool, follow the prompts on screen and DON't forget to hit Apply BEFORE exiting the Application , fire up fsX again and see what it looks now'

The result was an exercise which produced the same bad result  :

Hwk0f.jpg

PdXv2.jpg

So, what should I try next ??

Mzee, you say you switch between FTX Global and NA?? according your first post you only have FTX Global and Vector installed so there should not be a NA button but a "default FSX" button and if that is the case then "Global" should be applied, not default or some NA. You clearly don't have the PNW region because there KSEA already as 3 runways.

Herman

Mzee, you say you switch between FTX Global and NA?? according your first post you only have FTX Global and Vector installed so there should not be a NA button but a "default FSX" button and if that is the case then "Global" should be applied, not default or some NA. You clearly don't have the PNW region because there KSEA already as 3 runways.

Herman

Hi Herman,

No,  I did not do this as I could not because all I have is FTX Global and Vector installed.  I only have FTX Global active as no other choice in FTX Central is offered.  I have NO third party mesh - only FSX default mesh.  I wish I knew if the installation of FS Global Mesh 2010 FTX Compatible would resolve this issue with the default airport elevations.

Right now my only choices are :

1) Fix the airport elevation issues with the AEC Tool and put up with trees and buildings all over airport runways and property,  or

2) Fix the airport elevation issues with the AEC Tool and inactivate the EXX file in the scenery library, and put up with grey lines along most coastlines which look quite unnatural,  or

3) Inactivate FTX Vector completely in the Scenery Library and fly as before with just FTX Global, or 

4) Spend more money and download FS Global Mesh 2010 FTX Compatible, re-activate FTX Vector, try the AEC Tool and hope this works   ?

Option 1  is ridiculous

Option 2 , although improving scenery overall,  makes coastlines look unnatural and hence a big disadvantage to using it as I fly a lot in areas with water bodies present. 

Option 3 , begs the question,  'why did I buy FTX Vector if I cannot use it to improve my sim without any drawbacks'  ?

Option 4,  perhaps the only  'logical'  solution.   Get FS Global Mesh 2010 FTX Compatible and 'hope'  it fixes this problem once and for all   ?

I am currently flying with Vector totally disabled as I do not care to see any surprises like trees, buildings etc. at destination airports after long flights,  nor do I want to look at any grey pencil lines along coastlines and only wish for a quick solution to this issue.

If I KNEW that installing FS Global WOULD correct this airport issue,  then I would put it as top priority in my  'to do'  list.  

MZ

Hi Guys,

I just finished reading all the posts dealing with Mesh here :  http://www.orbxsyste...-clarification/

This just leaves me wondering if I should try to install FS Global Mesh 2010 FTX Compatible now ? Stefan Schaefer says here that :

"Bottom line:
It may make sense to have a mesh product installed and no vector product
It definitely makes no sense to have a vector product installed without a
good mesh. No river, no street, no nothing will follow a valley correctly! "

I PM'd Iain  before purchasing Vector when I only had FTX Global,  re if I should get Mesh or Vector next ?  He said get Vector.

Also ' The Definitive Guide to FTX Products ' reflects this opinion :

Install Order:

FTX Products all contain special coding and files to make sure they are always where they need to be in
your Flight simulator scenery list.

It does not matter what order you install the FTX products (other than the latest libraries being installed
last) as they will always self -order themselves.

However, if you prefer a solid method of installing, we would suggest the following:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global Open LC (When Available)

Terrain Mesh

FTX Full Regions

FTX Airports

If you check out the link to the Mesh posts I provided earlier (above), there are a lot of people saying   'We have Vector but no mesh besides FSX mesh, and although Orbx states that it will work with FSX Mesh, we have poor results, and should have purchased a good quality mesh to use with it'.

I just wonder, if I purchased a mesh for the entire world, would FS Global Mesh 2010 FTX Compatible be the right choice ?  and,  would this Mesh perhaps 'solve' this issue ?   Also, is there anything that I would have to do to my already installed FTX Global Base and FTX Vector before downloading and installing this Mesh ?   (I have Flashget DM, but it still may take a while, several hours, I think.)

I am running out of options and no fix in sight.   I really do not want to spend the extra cash on mesh right at this moment,  but I am desperate for a solution, and since mesh was on my  'wish list'  down the road,  I am willing to get it now if it means a solution to this problem which has left me   'in limbo'   for several days now.

Cheers,
MZ.

Hi again MZee,

I have done a test on my system with Vector enabled and Global checked in FTX central with default mesh and the only problem I have on ,my end is one road crossing  runway 34R, no trees or buildings on the airport.

Very strange you're having this issue indeed.

Is your mesh resolution set at 5m?

Mabey post your scenery library so the experts here can see if there is an issue with the order.

or mabey a re install of Vector?? :(

As for Mesh, not sure if it will solve your issue or not as I don't think it affects the US in a "major" way, I may be wrong though, but you will be very happy with it in the rest of the World for sure.

Really hope your problem can be solved :)

Hi Ziggy,

Yes, Mesh res. is at 5m.

Scenery library is  : 

Orbxlibs

Addon Scenery

OpenLCEurope

"     NAmerica

"     Base

PropellerObjects

GlobalGeneric&VehicleLibraries

Las Vegas

Rio de Janeiro

St.Maarten

Oshkosh aerial photo

10 Continents

4 Vector files

All of the Numbered 'Base' files

Vector AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

Like you say, maybe a re-install of Vector ?   (I however could not find how to uninstall it ?  No uninstaller, not in W7 Add/Remove Programs either. ?? :( )   But everything, including the AEC Tool, seems to be active and working inside Vector.   Why do so many others, have same issue ?

As far as Scenery Library is concerned, perhaps something in the order is not right ?      :-[

MZ

Mesh shouldn't be at 5 meter if you don't have any add on airports that need that, set it at 10m, the mesh program won't help sort this out, the full fat PNW region will sort it out but like ziggy suggests, maybe you should reinstall ( after completely removing FTXGlobal and VECTOR ) both in the wright order, firts FTXGlobal and then start up your sim, fly a little and then stop FSX and then install Vector and do the same.

In the dutch forum was a guy with the same problem and for him it worked disabling it in the AEC tool and it looked fine, for you it looks like the default exclusion polygon isn't in the sim scenery anymore?

Herman

Here is how it looks with me with "global" applied, not PNW, and with KSEA disabled in the Vector AEC tool. I start to think that you might have a corrupted Vector download installed. Dissabling an airport with the AEC tool should bring back the default exclusion and that doesn't seem to happen with you. Check if you have the next file in your FSX/scenery/ 0101 folder; CVX1515.bgl and check if the extension didn't change to off or something else. If you have it and it looks identical to mine then it is a Vector problem and I should suggest downloading it with a download manager.

2015-1-26_11-30-49-25.jpg

As you can see the airport background looks okay ass well as the altitude and like some mention there is a road running over the RWY (PNW corrects this with putting the road in a tunnel

Herman

Hi Mzee, good news for you I hope, I was able to reconstruct your situation and revert back to okay. I want you to go to your ORBX folder and then open the ORBX VECTOR folder, there you will see a folder named FTX_VECTOR_APT, open that and you see a folder named "scenery", now open that and look for the following entries; ABP_KSEA.inactive and that should be inactive as you disabled it in the AEC tool and then just under that you should see an entry named; ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl, if that does have a different extension like off or inactive or whatever, change it to .bgl and everything should be okay, if that entry isn't there then you have a corrupted Vector install and then uninstall it and redownload and install it again. If you should have to do that then let me know and I explain the uninstall proces step by step since it is not that strait forward but I've done it in the past a couple of times to restore a corupted install.

Herman

Hi Herman,

I followed your directions and went to the FTX_VECTOR_APT folder, opened it and found only one folder inside called  'scenery',  opened it,  found ABP_KSEA.inactive , but NO other entry for ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl  under it.   Please just take a look at the  'screenie'  and see what you think.  (Exactly the same finding for KLAS airport as well.)

Dwm2015-01-2619-27-00-71.jpg

I also remember, that after the installer had finished, it gave me a prompt to click  'finish'  to exit the installer as well as a notice re something like  'Installation completed successfully.'  When I clicked  'finish', the installer pop-up disappeared, I then clicked  'finish' on the  FSS wrapper, it too then disappeared from the screen,  and I also had  pop-up saying something to the effect like  'the installation may not have completed successfully, click below to re-do the install, or click  'continue' if you trust application installed successfully.  I clicked  'continue'  as I believed what the Vector installer had indicated to me and that was  'Installation completed successfully'.  I then opened FSX, and went for a short flight.  I saw a lot of scenery changes, more roads, coastlines more detailed etc. I then closed FSX, went to the Vector Configurator and played with it for a bit.  All changes seemed to be reflected in FSX just fine, except for changes made using the AEC Tool.  I wanted to correct elevations for 2 airports, KSEA and KLAS, which I discovered in my initial few flights  (probably many more airports like these exist)  and in both of these cases, elevations were  'fixed' by disabling their AEC in the Tool,  BUT a  'texture bleed'  of the surrounding autogen  (trees, houses etc.)  into the airport property was evident in both cases.  It was as if some invisible  'wall'  was lifted and all this scenery was allowed to flood the airport tarmac, runways, etc.  

Hope this helps.  Your instructions were very precise and easy to follow.  I am now hopeful a possible solution to this issue which has  'grounded'  my flights and left me  'stranded'  may be on the horizon.

I am very grateful for your guidance and expertise, and for taking the time out to offer assistance,  and will await your reply,

Milan.  ::)

Hi Milan, an "installed succesfull" notion does mean that the program was installed okay, it doesn't mean that there couldn't be files missing. The first thing you can try is the next, copy the APB_KSEA.inactive file to another location outside FSX, like the my documents folder or something,( even desktop will do) ( copy it, don't remove it ) then rename that file in ABP_KSEA_Default.bgl and put that back in the Vector folder, it should place itself just under the other ABP_KSEA.inactive folder.Close these folders and open the Vector tool and make sure KSEA is in the disabled section and click apply once more, look if this helped in FSX, if it did then let the autoconfigurator run and then check all of the airports on the disabled side if they have a ABP_ICAO code_Default.bgl in the Vector APT folder? If none of them have then you will have to download and install Vector again but that I will explain if you need it.

Hi govind, no I don't have global mesh by PILOTS. By the way; you saw my post for the KHAX solution?

Hi Herman,

I also have no ABP_ICAOcode_Default.bgl in the Vector APT folder.  Non of the disabled airports. My Vector download was, like MZee,  also "successfully". In the downloadsite I saw the Vector File size:  7.083.038.008 bytes. After installing Vector my file size is:  7.083.038.008 bytes !!  So I think Vector is not missing files. Can you tell me how many bytes you have. Is there something wrong with my default bgl.  I had UTX europe installed but before installing Vector en openLC Europe  I uninstalled UTX.

Bert

Mine has a ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl for every airport that is disabled and if that airport is back enabled the extension from the default changes from .bgl to.inactive and the regular file from .inactive to .bgl, if this file is missing then the Original airport background isn't loaded hense somebody sees trees and buildings instead of the airport background. Did you guys run the auto configurator and then upon asked click the apply button or do you simply disable every airport by manualy and click apply? A proper reinstall from Vector ( and download with a download manager just to be sure you have it all ) should help.

By the way, my main Vector folder is 13.2 Gb, that is almost the dubble from yours ( 7.083.038.000 bytes is 7.08 Gb

Herman

PS; a proper install means first install v1.10 as it should be, run FSX with a small flight, close it, run the 1.15 patch, run the auto configurator and apply then run FSX again with a small flight and then run patch 1.20, run the autoconfigurator and apply and then FSX again. Obviously all the people with trees and buildings on airport grounds have the same missing files in the Vector apt folder. Up to now I only encounterd one airport with a problem and that is KNFJ wich is misplaced in the default FSX setup and the airport background for that one is placed at the correct place hense the problem that can't be solved by the vector tool, I changed the placement for myself with ADE and the prokey license but Can not put it up here.

Hi Mayday, probably the same problem with the AEC tool, just checked MUHA and smoked a cigar with Castro but no problem on my site with trees, try reinstalling Vector again but do it the good way like I showed and uninstall Vector first according to a post I saw here somewhere.

Herman

Hi Herman,

Thanks for your info but the download file size was 7.08 GB in the Fligtsimstore downloadsite.  (13.2 GB - 7.08 GB are the  _default.bgl I think)    I have  downloaded ( it was end november 2014) version 1.20. !      So I don't have  v 1.10 and the 1.15 patch.

How can we solve this??

When I have to uninstall VECTOR can you  explain how to do this.

Many thanks in advance

Bert

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70953-how-to-uninstall-vector/ here is described in English how to do that and although it says 1.10 it 's still valid for 1.20 asswell. In Dutch I gave a full explanation in the Dutch forum to uninstall and properly reinstall Vector. Version 1.10 should be in your Flight sim store account and the patches for 1.15 and 1.20 can be downloaded from the FTX Support site.

Herman

Hi Herman,

I made a copy of the KSEA file, renamed it, put it back in the Vector folder.  then I manually disabled KSEA in the AEC Config Tool and went for a flight.  KSEA had no trees, only a couple buildings left on one runway, all runways and tarmac seemed level with the surroundings BUT large craters where all grass areas are and from an aerial view, the airport seems to look like a cut-out with large valleys or craters where all grass areas are. I then ran the Auto Config in the AEC Tool, and now KSEA disappeared off the  'disabled'  list and the entire  'disabled'  side is empty.  I found since the first day with using the AEC Tool, running the  'Auto Configurator'  never put even ONE airport on the  'disabled'  list.  I had to always manually put airports there in order to get any results at all in FSX  -  results with trees and buildings all over airport property, although airport elevation was corrected. 

The screenshots below further illustrate what I just mentioned here.

Dwm2015-01-2718-10-31-94.jpg
Dwm2015-01-2718-11-56-97.jpg
Dwm2015-01-2718-17-37-87.jpg
Dwm2015-01-2718-28-12-93.jpg
Dwm2015-01-2718-24-18-78.jpg

I really don't think I can call this an improvement,  as all the grass areas at the airport are in a  'pit' , although the tarmac and runways seem aligned elevation-wise with the land surrounding the entire airport.

What to do next  ?   If  re-install  Vector,  pls show me how to do this correctly.

Thank-you, and I will await your reply.

MZ

Hi Herman,

Also, from what you are saying above in your posts, I gather that in the VECTOR_ APT folder, when you open the scenery folder you should see that  EVERY airport has 2 entries (?)  : 

ABP_ICAO.bgl

ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl

One of these 2 files will say  'inactive'  in place of bgl , depending on whether that airport is 'disabled'  or  'enabled'  by the AEC Tool.

If this IS correct,  then if you look at my screenshot above,  you will see only ONE entry per airport,  with the  ' ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl '  entry missing each time.  If I don't have this file in the VECTOR_ APT scenery folder, and disable that airport with the AEC Tool,  then the original airport background isn't loaded hence you see trees and buildings instead of the normal airport background. 

I think this is what you mean,  right ?   With Vector completely inactivated  (all 5 entries in Scenery Library unchecked)  all airports go back to the way they were, and everything returns to normal.

Would this then indicate a corrupt Vector install ?  Also, my FTX_VECTOR folder is 13.2 GB,  like yours,  so how can any files be missing,  unless these files have been somehow corrupted in the install, or ??

MZ

from what i conclude here, i find that herman has done an install from vector 1.10 to 1.15 and then  finally 1.20 update..in this order...but milan, on the other hand has done a complete fresh install of vector 1.20 download from the flightsimstore...

Both of them have 13.2GB.....so is it something to do with the difference in installation? like something missing in complete 1.20 install? Just a doubt....even i had trees and other issues at LFPG....i solved this by disabling EXX...another way of solving this issue was to enable LFPG in AEC list(since AEC tool automatically put it in the disabled list..)...So after this i thought everything is solved, but then VIDP had issues! so i tried the same thing of enabling VIDP in AEC list..but still VIDP had issues...so a s a final solution, i disabled EXX in the scenery library, ran the AEC tool...and finally it solved all the problems of trees appearing here and there....but this also led to some minor issues of shorelines...but i guess..i can go with that unless a permanent solution is found...

cheers

Hi Mzee, this was only for testing purposes that I asked you to do it, and it shows that that is the culprit, after all, the file was just a copied one with a name change, it wasn't created by the tool like it should have been hense the altitude differences still there. Not all airports have a double entrie, only the ones with problems that the tool can find and that you know now for sure that the tool doesn't work. KSEA should be on the enabled site if Global is applied and then it should look okay but with this test it shows that the airport backgrounds are missing hense the trees. If I run the auto configurator when Global plied then the disabled site comes up with about 60 airports and all of those have a ABP_ICAO_Default.bgl  in the vector APT folder.

So yes, reinstall Vector from scratch;

1st; go to configuration screen and the to folderoptions, click on the second tap and scroll down and there check " show hidden folders", click okay and the go to your primary disk where you program files are, now you will see a hazy folder named "PROGRAMDATA", open that and then open the Microsoft folder and then the FSX folder, open the scenery.cfg in this folder ( not the scenery.cfg in your main directory), on the 3rd or 4th place you will see an entrie with AEC and something, in that entrie are a couple of lines, one should say" needed=true", change the "true" into "false" and close every folder again.

2nd;  open fsx and go to the scenery library, uncheck all 5 vector entries, the 4 that stand together and the one all the way down in the list, click okay and let fsx rebuild the scenery.cfg, then open the scenery library again and delete all 5 Vector entries there, again click okay and let it rebuild. Close FSX and go to your main FSX folder and then to the ORBX folder and delete the whole VECTOR folder, then go to manuals and versions folder inside manuals and delete the Vector .txt entrie from there, then run FTX central and click apply ( only default and global should be there ) run a registry clean up tool like the freeware "CCleaner" or equal and let it clean your system afterwards.

Now find yourself an internet download manager( there are plenty and some are for free like "free download manager" ) and install that first.

Now go to your account in the Flight Sim Store and download version1.10, before unzipping and installing that, make sure your antivirus is of, then install it, run the installer, if it is finished then run fsx and do a short flight and close it again, then download the 1.15 patch with the download manager from the FTX Support site, run the complete installer and then start up the Vector tool and run the AEC tool and click apply and close after it finished. Start FSX again and do a short flight again and then close. Then do exactly the same for version 1.20 as you did for version 1.15

Make sure your AV is off all the time, only restart your AV after completed the full install.

If this still wouldn't work or if you shouldn't have a version 1.10 then it's time for the PILOTS people to step in and come with a solution cause then there is a big problem with the Vector tool.

But I hope this works for all of you with trees and stuff that block your sight on take off, LOL and think of this; it's a hobby, it should stay fun, if it stresses you to much, quit it and go do something else for a couple of days before coming back but do come back 'cause it's so much fun.

Herman

PS; just some thinking here, it looks like some people have a full 1.20 version in the FSS store? have you guys ever tried downloading the 1.20 patch from the site and install that?

Makes life easier?? not if you guys encounter all those problems and the only solution you have is to disable Vector and expect PILOTS to come up with a solution for a corrupted install on your behalve.

It is like buying a car, wrecking it because you don't know how it works and then keeping the shop responsible for that, kind of an upside down world, don't you think? I believe in first testing and checking wether or not I made a mistake before I start complaining, and if you check the Vector forum real good then it is only a few people suffering from the trees and the airports are few either and in almost every post it handles about the same few airports and they are not always a vector AEC tool problem, like KNFJ wich is a Aces team design problem and since B.Gates kicked them out, who is going to solve that then.

The only thing I do here is to help people with a solution if I can find one or guide people to find out what is wrong with their setup, no more no less since I can't go into the core program from Vector and if I could, I doubt if I understand something about codes since I'm not an IT specialist of any kind.

First of all..i have not disabled vector...it is running fine in my sim...

Secondly..vector 1.20 is released by orbx as a complete installer...what is the need for going through patches as you are telling.....?!!!

Even if there are only few people suffering...there are people suffering right??? So that does matter...few or many......

and finally...the vector download as u told going corrupt is little bizzare...if his download has gone corrupt..then there would be a problem at installation itself right? 

Also i too have downloaded again..reinstalled again...the problem of trees appearing at LFPG still remained...i have to manually enable it in AEC to make this problem dissapear....and y i have temporarily disabled EXX is that i dont want any surprise as i come in for landing at any airport...after a long journey...

cheers

Archived