nVidia 347.25 WHQL driver available now

spirit_66

Lights still broken

All lights or just default airport lights?

Cheers

Just trying them out now in P3d 2.4. No runway or taxiway lights at default airports. FB and FSDT airport lighting is fine.

If it only effects default airports then it isn't a problem for me as I dont fly to/from default, do most addons airport lights seem to be ok?

Cheers

I wouldn't say most.. Some look fine, others are missing PAPI's or runway lights etc. I checked a couple airports from FB and FSDT and they were fine. T2g VHHH has no runway lights or papis. ORBX YMML has runway and approach lighting but no papis or taxiway lights.. So it seems fairly hit and miss.

Was there a certain Nvidia driver version that initially broke the lights or has it always been like this in P3d2?

It started with the last beta release, I think it was 347.1 Beta. With the old 344.x it was fine. nVidia was informed but it seems they don`t care. I´m wondering why there´s still no dedicated profile for Prepar3d V2, Lockheed Martin claimed that they were working closely with graphic cards developers from the very beginning of Prepar3d V2.0. Hard to believe if every new nvidia driver version breaks something in Prepar3d...

Getting tired of the continual breaking of P3D2 by Nvidia now. The issues are being reported to them, and LM are supposedly working with them, so the only logical conclusion is that Nvidia just don't care about us simmers. :(

I shan't be shelling out on a new Nvidia GPU until I am sure that Nvidia will provide continual support for P3D2.

You can Always download and install an older version wich works fine, they have a list of all the older drivers for download at their site and if you have a driver without issues, why do some people Always feel the urge for installing every new one that comes out? there won't be some difference in performance for FSX or P3D so if it works fine then leave it alone.

Herman

Just revert to the old 344.x drivers and stop stressing about it.

Installing the latest drivers will not give you extra FPS; they are not a magical performance cure, but mostly specific patches for games that the nVidia drivers broke or are not compatible with. Rarely if ever will new drivers boost performance and if they do, you'll hear about it very quickly on many FS forums.

If you want to annoy LM about the issue to provoke them to work with nVidia on the problem, post on the LM support forums.

You can Always download and install an older version wich works fine, they have a list of all the older drivers for download at their site and if you have a driver without issues, why do some people Always feel the urge for installing every new one that comes out? there won't be some difference in performance for FSX or P3D so if it works fine then leave it alone.

Herman

Totally agree. The 337.88 suite, pretty well is the best all-round driver. It seems to have put out the highest (across a large reported margin of all-platform sim Users) average system-wide FPS output.  There are no display features 'broken' on any sim platform and I recommend that all Users download and archive a copy of this driver suite as a general backup.  You can get it on the nVidia site, by going to the older or archived part of the site. Unless you run with DSR, (the 337.88's are pre-DSR) this driver is a really good choice to stick with.

This driver failed during installation creating a huge headache that was only solvable by a system restore. From here on out I will take John V's advice. If you don't need the driver for a specifically addressed issue then leave it well enough alone. Thanks John...good advice. I'm a believer. 

This driver failed during installation creating a huge headache that was only solvable by a system restore. From here on out I will take John V's advice. If you don't need the driver for a specifically addressed issue then leave it well enough alone. Thanks John...good advice. I'm a believer. 

I guess that you didn't do a clean uninstall of the GPU drivers before installing the new ones. Using the DDU tool which is explained here would have prevented you from all your headaches.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

Spirit

Just revert to the old 344.x drivers and stop stressing about it.

Installing the latest drivers will not give you extra FPS; they are not a magical performance cure, but mostly specific patches for games that the nVidia drivers broke or are not compatible with. Rarely if ever will new drivers boost performance and if they do, you'll hear about it very quickly on many FS forums.

If you want to annoy LM about the issue to provoke them to work with nVidia on the problem, post on the LM support forums.

Dead on, John...dead on.

I'm not being a smart ass but the lights in my P3Dv2 never were broken. And I always upgrade to the newest nVidia driver as soon as it is available from EVGA.com.  There was one driver that did not seem compatable with my system. That was the 311.07?????? But it was quickly followed by a new driver.

Drivers are not always the culprit.  Sometimes the particular computer system a person own/uses causes problems because of the way we personally configure our computers.  That is why a new product can come out and maybe 75% of the people that buy the product say its worthless, doesn't work, blah blah blah. But the other 25% tell everyone that they have no problems.

It is all in "personal configuration" of your computer.

To help understand the point, think about gaming as a whole.   Xbox, Nintendo, Sony all have propriatary game boxes. All the game boxes are made the same per the manufacturer. The configuration of those boxes is very limited as to keep the software standard in place and a more richer and trouble-free experience.  I know, some of you will say you can control the configuration.  Well, not really.  Things like color depth, screen size, tint, 3D, sound, other small graphix are not really a configuration control as much as they are really user preferences allowed by the software or hardware manufacturer.  Over all game boxes have little to NO troubles with their games.  Flight Sim and a few other games do because as users of PC's we have the ability to configure our computer in depth the way we want it to work for us. Hence, we have software problems, compatability problems and frustration levels that really stretch us to the end sometimes.

My whole point in this reply is to say I chuckle when someone posts something that the software is screwed of or drivers are screwed up and they can't get the performance they demenad when all it really boils down to is how a person has configured their computer.

I don't see an end to this problem because as we all know, each of us is an expert on computer design and operation.  I swear that if everyone who might think that their computer is kick butt was to work with me at Intel, Intel stock would rise so high that I could retire and never have to work again.

Do you get my point?

I'm not being a smart ass but the lights in my P3Dv2 never were broken. And I always upgrade to the newest nVidia driver as soon as it is available from EVGA.com.  There was one driver that did not seem compatable with my system. That was the 311.07? ????? But it was quickly followed by a new driver.

Drivers are not always the culprit.  Sometimes the particular computer system a person own/uses causes problems because of the way we personally configure our computers.  That is why a new product can come out and maybe 75% of the people that buy the product say its worthless, doesn't work, blah blah blah. But the other 25% tell everyone that they have no problems.

It is all in "personal configuration" of your computer.

To help understand the point, think about gaming as a whole.   Xbox, Nintendo, Sony all have propriatary game boxes. All the game boxes are made the same per the manufacturer. The configuration of those boxes is very limited as to keep the software standard in place and a more richer and trouble-free experience.  I know, some of you will say you can control the configuration.  Well, not really.  Things like color depth, screen size, tint, 3D, sound, other small graphix are not really a configuration control as much as they are really user preferences allowed by the software or hardware manufacturer.  Over all game boxes have little to NO troubles with their games.  Flight Sim and a few other games do because as users of PC's we have the ability to configure our computer in depth the way we want it to work for us. Hence, we have software problems, compatability problems and frustration levels that really stretch us to the end sometimes.

My whole point in this reply is to say I chuckle when someone posts something that the software is screwed of or drivers are screwed up and they can't get the performance they demenad when all it really boils down to is how a person has configured their computer.

I don't see an end to this problem because as we all know, each of us is an expert on computer design and operation.  I swear that if everyone who might think that their computer is kick butt was to work with me at Intel, Intel stock would rise so high that I could retire and never have to work again.

Do you get my point?

I get your point and completely agree with you.

Thanks Spirit, but way too much trouble for a driver I don't actually need anyway.

Well, understand - but the next time if you want to update your GPU drivers you should use it. It gives you the benefit of clean installed new drivers.

Spirit

Archived