Australia FTX AU SP4.003 and Prepar3D 2.4

YoYo

Hello,

in the last time when I back to P3D v.2.4 now I noticed strange "boxes of water" in AU SP4.003 in some of areas. Any ideas?

Installed here:

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 141228 28th DECEMBER 2014

Oceania in FTX P3D is "ON".

You can zoom in here (click loupe):

89f2765ad6505baamed.jpg

Cześć Yoyo!

I have P3Dv2.4 and AU SP4.003. If you can post the SLEW info/co-ordinates of one of those areas I'll see what I get. Is this with or without Global (I don't have it, myself).

Adam.

You have coordinates, take zoom of this pictures, its a lake near YAYE, but I saw it in differents area too.

@teecee - is this with P3Dv2.4? Is your season set to AU summer?

Mine is a pretty well vanilla P3D install. Only my regular (triple installer) ORBX sceneries installed. No other scenery (payware or freeware). I haven't checked my FSX for the same area but I don't remember there being a problem [with FSX].

Adam.

Hi guys,

there's no default option for seasonal changes in lakes and rivers in either FSX or P3D but we've discovered a clever workaround back in 2009 that, unfortunately, gets partially broken by P3Dv2. We've notified L-M of the issue and now have to wait whether they decide to adjust their terrain engine code or not. If not then we'll have to work on a new P3D version of the AU waterbodies for P3D users that removes the seasonal changes (or makes them external via a switch in the control panel). Until then the workaround is to not fly during the wet season.

Cheers, Holger

Until then the workaround is to not fly during the wet season.

I'm confused (doesn't take much :lol:)! It's high summer right now in Australia (and New Zealand) - and my P3D uses real time/weather. That's the season I had when I took the pics.

Adam.

Hi Adam

It will depend on where you are flying in Australia for your weather. Because Aus is so vast fron North to South we have huge weather differences. I live in South Australia where it is as you say high summer, however if you go to the top end  (Darwin) the wet season starts around October and most of Darwins weather falls between Jan and March. This could quite easily lead to some confusion when trying not to fly in the wet season as a go around.

Ken

there's no default option for seasonal changes in lakes and rivers in either FSX or P3D but we've discovered a clever workaround back in 2009 that, unfortunately, gets partially broken by P3Dv2. We've notified L-M of the issue and now have to wait whether they decide to adjust their terrain engine code or not.

Now that 2.5 is getting close, do you have any idea if they did anything for the issue? Or do you have to wait for the beta which will be released this week according to them?

Archived