Flight Sim News every sunday from FroogleSim

Mikelab6

Yeah, maybe but I got curious how volumetric "like" would it be? Will the clouds dissapear just as now in FSX or is it an imrovement over the default, and how much is it improved? I'm intrested to know because having volumetric "like" clouds for FSX I sure would be intrested in, but if it's the same old then I will just stick with what I got now(FEX)....

There is pretty good review on the new REX Soft Clouds over on AVSIM or FltSim.com. I just read it last night and I can't remember which site it was on (at work right now), but it was a good, in depth review. Pretty sure it will answer your question. The review was good enough to talk me into purchasing said REX Soft Clouds, but I only had time for one quick flight last nigt and the weather was not conducive to fully test how volumetric'ish the clouds now look in FSX. I can tell you that the install went easy peasy ;)

There is pretty good review on the new REX Soft Clouds over on AVSIM or FltSim.com. I just read it last night and I can't remember which site it was on (at work right now), but it was a good, in depth review. Pretty sure it will answer your question. The review was good enough to talk me into purchasing said REX Soft Clouds, but I only had time for one quick flight last nigt and the weather was not conducive to fully test how volumetric'ish the clouds now look in FSX. I can tell you that the install went easy peasy ;)

You gotta tell us how you like them during the day!

I remember my pre-REX days, I used a freeware cloudset. It was a great improvement over the default clouds. Then I got REX. I was blown away by the clouds, they were an improvement over the freeware set...... and THEN I got soft clouds! Soft clouds is one of the best addons ever made, it's convinced me to stay with FSX until PMDG releases their 737 for P3D, Coolsky makes an MD-80, and all my ORBX airports are updated.

I like his videos, I've learned a lot from him. I like his honesty (i.e. he doesn't declare every single addon to be "awesome", etc.), his straight-talking approach, and just his general style (and understated British humour)! :)

Archived