Real Air Turbine Duke v2 for P3D

John York

Not on the SimMarket website it doesn't.   Its actually advertising the P3D Version!  Its only when you've bought and paid for it you discover that there's no mention of P3D.

So, potential buyers beware.

I'm hoping they'll keep the money in credit for me so that when it becomes available I'll have already paid.

John

Yes, but they've just emailed me to confirm they've credited my SimMarket account which is fine because I can keep it there fore when the P3D Turbine comes out or when I want to buy something else.

John

Yes.  He's not looking at the January Newsletter page they sent to everybody by email.  Its clear as a bell top right of the front page;  'Realair Simulations Turbine Duke v2 FSX P3D', I quote!

Forget it,   Not worth the bother.

John

The "P3D" is a dodgy thing because most likely it does work in P3Dv1 but not in P3Dv2.  So just because it says P3D, we customers must be certain that its clear which version of P3D addons are referenced to before making a purchase.   

No Chris, don't worry.   I know you're not having a go at me.  

Unfortunately Kilstorm us punters in the flight sim ' world have hitherto been used to having clearly defined alternatives.  It left us (me in particular) to believe what I was seeing.  Even when Microsoft was introducing FSX to supplant FS9 it was quite clear what we were buying and for what.   With the advent of P3D it seems the divisions have been blurred.  Unnecesarily in my opinion.  

Suppliers should be careful to be explicit as to what their products are suitable for.    In the UK, if a shop was to show the product in the same way this has been described, there would be a case for a transgression of the 'Trades Descriptions Act'.  I'm sure you have something similar in the US.  They could be fined for mis-selling and would be forced to repay any money paid to them for the product.  

As it happens, I'm not worried about the money because I can use it with the same firm for something else but I will say that it comes to something that the company has no arrangement to enable it to repay money erroneously paid to them.

I shall certainly be careful in the future about any business I place with them.

John

Archived