[FSX: Steam Edition] From Norway to London

veyron

If that is FSX Steam, it looks a winner.  Fantastic shots.

stutters, shimmers, judders, OOMs etc.?  any of these?

Are the aircraft default, or payware?

Endless questions, so far few answers, so would be grateful for a comment on performance.

If that is FSX Steam, it looks a winner.  Fantastic shots.

stutters, shimmers, judders, OOMs etc.?  any of these?

Are the aircraft default, or payware?

Endless questions, so far few answers, so would be grateful for a comment on performance.

Addons used: 

FSX: Steam Edition 

ORBX: England 

ORBX: OpenLC EU 

ORBX: Norway 

ORBX: Global 

Aerosoft EGLL Xtended version FSX 

World OF AI 

Opus 3.50.2 

REX4 SP4 TU1 

CS 777 1.5

I left P3D2 for FSX: Steam Edition due to the huge problems I had with OOM (version 2.4 is a pure crap) and Lockheed Martin was a big disappointment for me at the quality of its support. I'm not expecting something usuable from them anymore. Now I found in FSX: Steam Edition a very good alternative. It is very stable. :)

Nice to hear that FSX steam is stable, I have complete stability on my side with both FSX DX10 and P3D, no OOM's etc.

I have two questions:

What are the improvement over FSX DX10: 64 bits ? graphics ?  new default aircrafts ?

Regarding orbx product, did you use the FSX installer to make them work on steam ? 

Thanks for your time and great shots !

Nice to hear that FSX steam is stable, I have complete stability on my side with both FSX DX10 and P3D, no OOM's etc.

I have two questions:

What are the improvement over FSX DX10: 64 bits ? graphics ?  new default aircrafts ?

Regarding orbx product, did you use the FSX installer to make them work on steam ? 

Hi, 

I would say the biggest improvement for me until now is the stability. No CTD and no OOM until now. I made a complete flight from Trondheim to London (full traffic / real Wx) without issue. I always encountered an OOM with P3D2.4 for the same flight.  

ORBX products were installed as it was a classic FSX installation. The only issue I have until now is the incompatibility with "ObjectFlow.dll". => A correction is coming soon.

Voila :)

I have two questions:

Check out my thread in the Steam Edition forum. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89728-ms-fsx-vs-dt-fsx-se-the-conclusive-performance-benchmark/

Hi, 

I would say the biggest improvement for me until now is the stability. No CTD and no OOM until now. I made a complete flight from Trondheim to London (full traffic / real Wx) without issue. I always encountered an OOM with P3D2.4 for the same flight.  

ORBX products were installed as it was a classic FSX installation. The only issue I have until now is the incompatibility with "ObjectFlow.dll". => A correction is coming soon.

Voila :)

I agree 100%. Most stable platform I have ever used. Couldnt be happier

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Vyron, thats awesome.

Have also the Steam FSX and FTX Global + Vectors. System : i7 @ 3,6 GHZ, 16GB RAM, GTX 770 2 GB - WIN 7 on SSD also FSX : SE on SSD

So here are my questions:

- you don´t have a special Mesh under the FTX Global ?

- unfortunately i have kind a black fields in my FSX : SE now, since i installed the ORBX Products 

- What are your Specs inside the FSX:SE ( maybe you can send me a Scrennshot here ?! )

- Did you "tweaked" something inside the FSX.cfg ?

Thanks so much in advance for your help and infos. 

Hope you have a awesome 2015 ... all the best from Munich,

Mike :)

Hi and thanks for your comment .;)

Q1: No extra mesh addon were used in the screens taken. FSX:SE was freshly installed with only some addons.

Q2: If you have black screen that means you're in "DX10 Preview" mode wich means you need to use "SteveFX - DX10 Scenery Fixer" addon.

Q3:

d255003666c8f27ccc11e7c95764c914a4f43e87

Q4: The only tweak I'm using is DSR (dynamic super resolution) for this game and Prepar3D 2

Archived