FTX Norway and BergenX

Xsoctoz20

Not sure that AS product is compatible with FTX NOR as it was built to be compatible with default mesh. You can also see two control towers and buildings in double

Hi Erik,

firstly run the Vector Auto Configuration it will take some time as it needs to "read" all the airports installed, when that's done then you need to hit the Apply button to make it work , this also needs some little time it will tell you when it's done, then hit exit and check again

With some arrangement, it is possible to make it compatible but FTX Nor is supposed to be a full fat region and much people don't have Bergen X. Keep tuned into the compatibility section :)

I have BergenX installed and it works quite well with FTX Norway, except for some seasonal mismatch.

Holger is working closely with Jo Erlend Sund (developer of Bergen, Tromso, and Oslo, and others). Jo is very eager to make his airports blend as seemlessly as possible with FTX Norway, but do understand this will take some time. Holger will post details in the compatibility section as they emerge. Be patient in the meantime. I have Oslo, Tromso, and Bergen installed in P3D and they all surprisingy blend quite well already.

Cheers,

Todd

FTX NOR bgl files do not have to be disabled. However, Bergen and other third party airports must be above FTX NOR in your scenery library and you must run the FTX Vector configurator to disable AEC.

Cheers,

Todd

Sorry Todd - you lost me there. When you say that one must run the vector tool to disable AEC, do you mean NOT to run the auto config tool? Thx again

Mas

Tromso, Bergen and Stavanger works (almost) out of the box. The only airport which gives me headache is Oslo.

Patrick - can you give us any pointers on the "almost" issues - did you solve them - ENGM included?

Sorry Todd - you lost me there. When you say that one must run the vector tool to disable AEC, do you mean NOT to run the auto config tool? Thx again

Mas

Patrick - can you give us any pointers on the "almost" issues - did you solve them - ENGM included?

It seems like Oslo X and Tromsø X works just fine for me as well. Bergen and Stavanger on the other hand.

In order to get Bergen to work you need to delete all ENBR associated files (I think its 5 files) in the ORBX NOR scenery map. I first just deleted two (the .bgl and .cvx files) and it didn't work. But if you scroll further down you'll see some more. 

It seems like Oslo X and Tromsø X works just fine for me as well. Bergen and Stavanger on the other hand.

In order to get Bergen to work you need to delete all ENBR associated files (I think its 5 files) in the ORBX NOR scenery map. I first just deleted two (the .bgl and .cvx files) and it didn't work. But if you scroll further down you'll see some more.

Thx - will give it a shot. Regarding aerosoft ENZV X I noticed that south of the airport, almost all the way down to the tip of norway, there was a repeat pattern in the land textures... This is with EU land class and vectors installed, but below FTX nor - anyone else having this issue?

Having addon scenery (Airports of Norway) on top in the Scenery Library, doesn't help me either; the ORBX airports or objects still shows up.

What works just fine is to do this:

You will have to remove 1-5 ORBX airport files for each AoN airport. You find those files in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\Scenery. Just backup and zip the complete \Scenery folder, then remove the files. You find them all by the ICAO code.

For a few of the airports, you will also have to remove the corresponding ORBX Altitude file. You find those in P3D (or FSX)\Scenery\World\Scenery.

Thx - will give it a shot. Regarding aerosoft ENZV X I noticed that south of the airport, almost all the way down to the tip of norway, there was a repeat pattern in the land textures... This is with EU land class and vectors installed, but below FTX nor - anyone else having this issue?

Having the same problem here!

Before FTX Norway I used all the freeware Norway had to offer and I solved this by adding the new NSX III Beta Landclass. If you activate this then the problem around Stavanger disappears, but then again the rest of the country is messed up. 

Btw, are anyone able to get winter textures around Bergen? When using Bergen X, I only get winter textures at the airport. Everything around is still green  :mellow:

Btw, are anyone able to get winter textures around Bergen? When using Bergen X, I only get winter textures at the airport. Everything around is still green  :mellow:

No snow is realistic for the coastal areas in southern Norway in winter. Because of Gulf stream. :)

No snow is realistic for the coastal areas in southern Norway in winter. Because of Gulf stream. :)

That's true. Although I'm not a Norwegian, I'm quite often in the area around Trondheim. And while on the coast you have little or no snow, 30 miles east of Trondheim there might be lot of snow at the same time. Although I think it is a bit strange that you do not get any snow at all up till Alesund regardless of the time of the year. But maybe I'm wrong.

Hi guys,

as mentioned, Jo and I will work on improving compatibility with his airports. Also, I'll post a separate thread about the custom seasons control file we made for NOR where we can discuss any needed changes for it. I'll ad the link to that post when it's up.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi guys,

as mentioned, Jo and I will work on improving compatibility with his airports. Also, I'll post a separate thread about the custom seasons control file we made for NOR where we can discuss any needed changes for it. I'll ad the link to that post when it's up.

Cheers, Holger

That is so awesome work! Thx again!

Mas

Just to claify what I was talking about earlier, and maybe someone can give a good advice on how to match these thing the best way in their current state. In the screenie below, the selected time in P3D was today. Installed textures via the Stavanger X config tool was Fall (?).

1. The repeat pattern - is that Stavanger X doing that?

2. The only way to get similar colours are to choose summer time in P3D. What boggles me is that no matter what texture I install via the Stavanger X tool, the textures seem to change with the sim time...?

EDIT: I found that October 2nd is both fall in FTX NOR and P3D, so assuming the warm gulf brieze is still corrent in Bergen, that would be the sweet spot I think...

ENZV_XandNOR_EULandclass_Vector_zps86ff2

Thx again

Mas

Just to claify what I was talking about earlier, and maybe someone can give a good advice on how to match these thing the best way in their current state. In the screenie below, the selected time in P3D was today. Installed textures via the Stavanger X config tool was Fall (?).

1. The repeat pattern - is that Stavanger X doing that?

2. The only way to get similar colours are to choose summer time in P3D. What boggles me is that no matter what texture I install via the Stavanger X tool, the textures seem to change with the sim time...?

EDIT: I found that October 2nd is both fall in FTX NOR and P3D, so assuming the warm gulf brieze is still corrent in Bergen, that would be the sweet spot I think...

ENZV_XandNOR_EULandclass_Vector_zps86ff2

Thx again

Mas

BUMP

If they dont respond, please make a new post. Having the same problem here :)

Archived