Beyond the horizon

Stillwater

I remember flying on the west coast of Vancouver Island (Next land Asia) and on one rare summer day the atmosphere effect combined with the water condition  actually produced a no horizon effect. Clear day no wind or  haze, conditions were just rite and wham flying in a totally light blue environment and believe me it is worse than total darkness simply due to your mind set is on it already being dark. Suddenly  instant vertigo in the middle of clear cloudless day. Scared the crap out of me, I have read about it and has actually been the cause of pilot error. Strange strange feeling  and goes to remind a person allways keep your S*** wired tight when flying cause there is nothing simple about it and dangerous anomalies happen in a heartbeat.

Dreamer

Great shot of the open blue - almost hipnotizing

You have had it mate, nowhere to land..  :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

Nice one...... ::)

Nice shot...pleasing on the eye indeed

Stu

Uniquely creative and excellent, Gerold!

Lucky

Very well observed and reported mate!

The shot says it all!

Cheers,

Thank you all for watching and commenting!

Still looking for that pot of gold Gerold ? . ???:D

Cheers

Brad

Though only virtual...  :blink:

I remember flying on the west coast of Vancouver Island (Next land Asia) and on one rare summer day the atmosphere effect combined with the water condition  actually produced a no horizon effect. Clear day no wind or  haze, conditions were just rite and wham flying in a totally light blue environment and believe me it is worse than total darkness simply due to your mind set is on it already being dark. Suddenly  instant vertigo in the middle of clear cloudless day. Scared the crap out of me, I have read about it and has actually been the cause of pilot error. Strange strange feeling  and goes to remind a person allways keep your S*** wired tight when flying cause there is nothing simple about it and dangerous anomalies happen in a heartbeat.

Dreamer

Scary but great story. I can understand such a situation now - even in front of the computer it feels confusing. Could this be an "Amelia Earhart" effect?

Archived