The Desert Oasis: Introducing Palm Springs International Airport!

That's correct - I have tried to make KPSP as user-friendly as possible by only having the requirement of FTX Global; this is why I included a bunch of terrain content (custom landclass, custom seasons, some vector data, Holgermesh etc) with the airport itself. Of course once SCA is done, I will be making the appropriate edits to ensure full compatibility with that product.

That's fantastic, I hope to make this my first FTX/Orbx airport purchase then.

Any chance we might be able to get a close up of the A-6 in front of the air museum?  (From a distance, it looks like an EA-6B instead of an A-6...I know that sounds like the smallest nit-pick detail that I usually would never notice except that particular airplane has a lot of sentimental value for me - it was my father's when he flew A-6s in the Navy ;) . If it helps, I have some detailed pictures of it.)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much Jarrad,

I am absolutely stoked about this upcoming release, I have many fond memories visiting and playing golf with my Aunt & Uncle in Palm Springs before they passed away. I have been waiting a very long time for a decent rendition of KPSP so I could virtually fly here from Canada. The ultimate is having you work your design magic on this airport as well as City of Palm Springs. When I saw this announcement, I almost leapt with excitement into the ceiling fan spinning above my head.

Thank you once again

Mitch

Unfortunately not for the initial release I'm sorry Patrick - though I did set the heights of many of the jetways to commonly-used aircraft heights. 737NG, A320, 777 and Q400 are catered for, and the secondary terminal (which I didn't include a close-up shot with in this preview) caters for smaller regional jets and turboprops without jetways.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Do you consider it for an update (and also for future products)?

Holy Toledo! You must've modeled the whole freaking county!

Are you kidding me? This is incredible!!!

Brother, you are like some kind of modern-day Michelangelo, a true master in this genre.

EDIT: Love that F-16N Aggressor fighter on static display!!!

Thanks again guys, much appreciated. 

Just polishing off a component of the package and should have some more previews for you all following that. Suffice to say that you should make sure you've got your free copy of Bob installed and ready to go :)

As I have only FSX default scenery in the SoCal area will there be a major conflict

beside abrupt borderlines and texture mismatch between local scenery and default FSX scenery?

I guess all runway/taxiway light adjustments as already included in KMRY will be hopefully there too;

very helpfull for FSX DX10 user.

G'day Wulf, as mentioned previously the scenery edge blending colouring should be the only problem as this scenery is pretty self-contained. That being said, I should point out that we only test our airports with the recommended products (in this case, FTX Global base) so can't attest for any results with default or other terrain products. 

In regards to runway lighting, I'm using a different system for the taxilights to save (considerably) on performance, however the runway lights in the FSX version will have the same size options as KMRY. 

Any chance we might be able to get a close up of the A-6 in front of the air museum?  (From a distance, it looks like an EA-6B instead of an A-6...I know that sounds like the smallest nit-pick detail that I usually would never notice except that particular airplane has a lot of sentimental value for me - it was my father's when he flew A-6s in the Navy ;)

Capt, I'm very sorry to let you down, you have a very keen eye and have indeed spotted an EA-6B instead of the A-6.. the source material for this bird was fairly sparse (I made this airport without a photo-expedition like we normally do, and had to rely from bits and pieces found on the net), so had to settle on the EA-6B. This is the only one of the parking lot aircraft that is not accurate, clearly tourists prefer to take photos of F-14s and F-18s! That being said, if you could ping me via PM, I'll give you my email address and I'll endeavour to correct it at a later date. Regardless, will add some ground-level shots of the carpark exhibits in the next previews. 

Do you consider it for an update (and also for future products)?

It is something I would definitely like to to include later down the track.. animated jetways are notoriously difficult to make without any quirks, and whilst it was my intention to animate these ones for release, I ran out of time and had to focus on other important elements. 

Thanks again,

Jarrad

Well, I guess this pretty much confirms it...  ;)

amazing3_zps78b5d592.jpg

Speakin' of A.I.,  Jarrad's work is A.I...  Absolutely Incredible!

p.s.  The model of the kids' playground area...  priceless!  :)

Capt, I'm very sorry to let you down, you have a very keen eye and have indeed spotted an EA-6B instead of the A-6.. the source material for this bird was fairly sparse (I made this airport without a photo-expedition like we normally do, and had to rely from bits and pieces found on the net), so had to settle on the EA-6B. This is the only one of the parking lot aircraft that is not accurate, clearly tourists prefer to take photos of F-14s and F-18s! That being said, if you could ping me via PM, I'll give you my email address and I'll endeavour to correct it at a later date. Regardless, will add some ground-level shots of the carpark exhibits in the next previews. 

Not a let down at all, I'm more excited to have even seen it included to begin with (again, the detail is astonishing)!  PM sent!

Archived