Need a Saab 340

macca22au

Here is the brilliant Razbam Metroliner flying a Rex Saab route climbing out  from Sydney over Port Hacking en route to Merimbula.

This is one of the best FS turboprops available and models the cluttered and barely planned panel to perfection. If you like analogue and a true challenge this plane is for you.

YMinw.jpg

Been keeping an eye on this one. A good review is hard to come by and I see not a lot of videos on it either.

Nice shot.

How do you find the systems? I am a Cold and Dark to Cold and Dark by the book kinda guy, and love planes like this. Makes me miss my PMDG JS4100!!!

Nice shot Ian.

Have not flown this one for a while though, since the Virtualcol SAAB 340 came out.

I think Razbam are working on a SAAB 340 at the moment so that one will be a must to buy when it comes out if the Metro is anything to go by.

Here is a link to some more repaints for the Razbam Metro.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=razbam&categoryId=54

Thanks for the link, I now have downloaded a couple of these.

I have heard that the Virtualcol 340 has a pretty ordinary VC, but do you think it is worth a go?

I would imagine the answer is yes, but is it a limited experience?

William, the systems are great, but I can't as yet find a decent manual.

I really do think it is in the same field as the PMDG J41 for quality, systems and dynamics.

Amen, Howard.

And have a look at this superbly detailed and functional VC;  but check out its almost classic 'add the new thing' in where some panel space exists approach to design.  It is very much a two pilot aircraft, its full check lists must create a huge work load. They still fly, although pretty much in what I would call the 'hand-me-down' local airlines.

0Iwet.jpg

Thanks for the link, I now have downloaded a couple of these.

I have heard that the Virtualcol 340 has a pretty ordinary VC, but do you think it is worth a go?

I would imagine the answer is yes, but is it a limited experience?

Virtualcol SAAB 340 and 2000 about 70 liveries $AU15.10 from Flight Sim Store. VC basic to say the least. Razbam it ain't. Depends how you fly. Myself I am more interested flying outside the aircraft looking at the scenery and weather so as long as the plane looks, flies and sounds right I am happy. I would recommend it as it is my most flown aircraft at the moment and one of my favourite RL aircraft too.

Archived