EGNX

Nyxx

Today is a little odd weather wise here, some blue sky poking though and a lot of grim looking weather also in the mix.

Got REX4 to eject what it thought mached the weather report, ASN doing it's Job.

You will have to trust me this is stunning, just like it really was at 12:20 today. These shot are not good, no editing at all and not really to show anything more than just how good REX4/ASN Orbx EGN and UK2000 look together.

pHsxc.jpg

The odd cloud to the left here is not a cloud its the power station.

ldq7m.jpg

4xPRF.jpg

uODZq.jpg

QfPVh.jpg

v4n5Y.jpg

Done!

kxa5C.jpg

Hi Pete,

Sure happy to explain.

With REX4 it seems people use it like Rex overdrive, you make a theme find what you like best, load it and that's it. I also did that as loading textures into fsx would take minutes.

With REX4 where the Theme tab is there are three tab's the right one is weather.

Open that window and at the top is a window to enter a ICAO code.

Enter that code and it will give you a weather report.

Then click generate, it will use the weather report to generate what it thinks are the best clouds/sky colour and light for the given report, NOTE: the rest is random.

Click save and I save it as "temp"

In your setting only tick, clouds/sky colour and lighting, so it will only load into fsx/P3D just them textures.

Goto themes and click on your new "temp" theme, it will takes around .00001 second to load.

Go enjoy!

This way you have different clouds hi/lo and sky colours every time you fly and unlike Overdrive all the textures in REX4 are subtle no smack in the face changers "just" different.

Here are two from a flight from EGGP-EGNX from just now, Dusk here.

WUh0c.jpg

sMHDb.jpg

Great shots of my home turf also Dave, I am in Dundee this week on business, so real nice to see "East Mids" and the power station...

Your weather looks awesome, your new rig is certainly doing you proud.

I look forwards to getting home this weekend and on my sim again, although this week I drive past Dundee airport everyday up here after crossing theTay bridge from my hotel in St Andrews and grin to myself regarding my landings at the enhanced Dundee airport in the sim that Orbx enhanced so well :)

Happy flying :)

Archived