Trying to break out of a funk in Idaho. :)

twsimfan

Hi guys,

No... Idaho isn't all that depressing. I enjoyed it when I lived there and were I rich enough I'd probably move back.

I've been trying to figure a strategy for getting from here (P3D2.2) to there (P3D2.3). I've tried the update 6 ways from Sunday using lots of great suggestions and I still have to restore back to 2.2. I guess I am going to have to uninstall and do a full install at the 2.3 level. I am a little scared of that because when I was uninstalling the FTX traffic utilities from FSX the Windows install/uninstall process seemed to be a bit out of whack since I installed P3D. I kind of wish now I had waited 2 or 3 weeks and started out in 2.3. Oh well that would have probably just put things off for a while. I haven't even turned on my system until well into the evening these last two days... or nights depending on how you want to look at it.

In an effort to get my spirits out of the dumps I did a little flight from KCOE (Coeur d'Alene, ID) to 65S (Bonners Ferry, ID):

fQO4d.jpg

The views looked good inside the sim but most of my shots came out too dark to show.

Q78A.jpg

Also I spent the early parts of the flight figuring out the autopilot in this Cirrus.

0i4wf.jpg

I had so much crosswind that flying without some electronic assistance was difficult... I need to learn to be more careful selecting my weather. 65S is on that shelf ahead on the right.

OIszK.jpg

Most of my shots were way too dark but man that beacon is BRIGHT!

aGuLd.jpg

A little high but considering the wind this will work fine... and I'm too lazy to go around again. ;)

zwG5f.jpg

Until I got the AP dialed in I was having a tough time staying on course. Even then I'm surprised I didn't end up in the middle of Montana. The airplane wanted to go East.

Even with wrestling with the wind and my shots coming out way too dark (these 6 are by far the brightest I took) I think the flight was very good for my morale.

I haven't been around here much in a few days... I hope everybody is doing okay.

Be well,

Tom Wunder

Hi Tom,

We all have our ups and downs, hopefully you can resolve your P3D woes and be back on top real soon. On the lighter side your Idaho pics are really good.

Thanks Jeff... I know it is possible I just hope I don't have to get into messing with the registry or W7.... I used to be good at that stuff but I'd need to call in the pros these days.

Nice set Tom.Good looking aircraft that !!

Stu

Thank you Stu.

Grand shots these Tom.

cheers

Iain

Thanks for the kind words Iain.

Great shots Tom and a mighty fine airplane to.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud.

Excellent set Tom.

Haven't flown my Cirrus for a long time.

Hope your problems sort themselves out soon.

Thanks.... and yeah the Cirrus is fun.

Nice set, hang in there Tom ^-^

Thanks Taph.

Hey Tom, that's just some good looking flying right there!

Well done!!!

O0

I'm not sure the flying was all that great... next time I hope I think to read over the AP manual before I takeoff.

A beautiful set Tom!

I hope you get it all sorted, see you in the sky! :D

Thanks Ziggy.

I appreciate the kind words all around. :)

Archived