Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International Scenery Problems on Installation

Flippz

Hi,

I have just installed AU YMML Melbourne International v2 and the scenery is all wrong.  There are trees and houses on the runway, water on the taxiways, no roads out the front of the airport and there are greyed out areas.  Any suggestions???

Thanks so much

There are many reasons why things don't show up correctly, scenery order is one especially if other sceneries conflict, also Windows permissions can cause problems.

Usually it's something simple like installing with FTX  Central set to the wrong setting on loading or not installing the latest ORBX Libs after the install.

I note you don't appear to have the Australia FTX scenery, it is designed to work with that.

If you're still having problems a screenshot helps most of all.

http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/mjjane72/media/1_zps4482baed.jpg.html?filters[user]=140974111&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/mjjane72/media/2_zps0eb3d308.jpg.html?filters[user]=140974111&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/mjjane72/media/3_zps1f8ec627.jpg.html?filters[user]=140974111&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Hi,

Firstly thank you so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it.  When you said that FTX Central could be set to the wrong settings what did you mean?  I have installed the latest Libs after the install.

I hope these screenshots are of some assistance as to what I am experiencing!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have made some modifications and are now finding that as we fly/taxi over certain parts of Melbourne airport the ground textures load but then slowly revert back to water, trees on tarmac and grass on the tarmac. When I switch to tower view it all reverts back to water, trees and grass on the tarmac.  Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks so much....

Can't think of anything off hand.  YMML works best with the Australian ORBX scenery which is cheap as chips for what you get.

I guess you could fiddle with your scenery order, try putting YMML right up the top if it's not already there.  Mesh settings maybe?  Try a few different settings, 5 metres is recommended for most ORBX stuff.

You've never installed any other YMML or Aussie scenery?

Would like to test but can't duplicate your YMML only install.

I installed FTX Australia yesterday and I have no trees on the runway but I have clumps of trees on the tarmac. Also now the tarmac is visible when I fly over it, but it when I'm not near it it will be grass/water.  Occasionally when I fly over the tarmac it is loaded but the clumps of trees are still there.

Ok.  Interesting.  Must be a conflict somewhere or scenery order problem.  My first though is that this relates to the ORBX Vector software but since you don't appear to have that it's hard to say.

If you go into your Scenery Library and untick everything except the original FSX scenery items, check the Melbourne region, and if it's OK, start adding the rest of the scenery areas one by one.  That should give a clue as to where the problem lies.  Bit fiddly, but as no-one else seems to have your exact problem, chasing it down might not be easy.

Also you could re-install the two sceneries and make doubly sure that FTX Central is set to the correct setting before the install.

Orbx Melbourne test 1: With YMML, YMLT and YLIL on. No trees or water around the airport. Ground rendering problem at YMML.

Orbx Melbourne test 2: YMML and FTX Australia on. Error message. List of errors on FTX Central. When FSX opens it says

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_HOLGERMESH\SCENERY) in scenery Area.131 not found. Click OK to continue.

No trees, ground rendering problem and giant lake east of the airport. Area 131 could possibly be Melbourne? Also there's a massive lake south of Orbx Launceseston (bigger than in Melbourne) and Orbx Lilydale has water on the hills and some places closer to the airport. Also at YLIL the horses in the padocks are flickering with triangle shapes coming out of them.

August 31st: With default scenery there is hardly any trees or houses no matter how high the autogen density is and with SP4 I click fly now and then the screen goes black and 2 minutes later it say Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.

Thanks

Do you have any other scenery (even other areas) installed.

Is it possible that the terrain.cfg file has ben altered by something else?

Any errors as you installed either Australia or FTX YMML?

Have you tried cycling FTXCentral back to default/global (Apply) then back to Australia (Apply)

Hi

I had an error installing FTX Australia, but when I installed YMML I had no error message. When I installed FTX Australia I had a list of errors in FTX Central saying all the ORBX trees were missing. With FTX Australia on when FSX opens it says SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_HOLGERMESH\SCENERY) in scenery Area.131 not found. I have tried to switch it back to default scenery but it has no trees or houses. I also have YLIL and YMLT installed. 

Thanks.  

Hi Guys,

Just done a new install and computer upgrade.

Having the same errors as above:-

Installed in the following order:-

FSX (incld Acceleration)

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FS Pilots 2010 Mesh

FTX Traffic 4.2

FTX Australia (all service packs)

after each install I re-installed the latest librarys.

I am also getting a terrain.cfg error after each service pack.

I have no other FSX software in my system. (I didn't install Holgermesh as I assumed FS Pilots 2010 has this covered?) nor have I installed YMML v 2.

Cheers Dave

edit .... just tried YSSY, same thing (the terrain.cfg error says 'terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section'

Hi John, The install file is Program Files (x86), Microsoft Games. Thanks

Since MS decided to ramp up security on that folder, most users elect to install to a different folder, C:\FSX being a popular choice.

At the risk of committing you to a couple of hours now that should save you time in the future, I would recommend you uninstall FSX from its current location and then remove the Flight Simulator X folder that will still be there with the addons that you have installed.  If you have a registry cleaner you can use it to clear the entries, though it's not a necessity.

Then create the C:\FSX (or D:\FSX etc if you have a preference for another drive), and install FSX to that folder.  Confirm FSX is working properly. When you re-install your ORBX stuff it will find the new location and install there as well.

That should see your installation working properly. 

Hi

I'm installing SP4 and I was wondering do I need to but the dummy.txt file in the addon scenery folder

I have no idea what you mean.  There's no dummy text file in ORBX products.  SOunnds like you are doing something unusual, as ORBX products install and work perfectly into a correctly configured FSX in my experience.

Archived