Empty airports? [No cars / people animation]

miloguy

Hi guys, sorry to bug you but I'm a little stuck

I recently re installed fsx which has gone well and also downloaded the aussie dvd pack (which I also own) with the triple installs for p3d as well and also for wollongong and jandakot which I have bought some time ago.

Plus I have downloaded and installed the free ware aussie airports as well.

I downloaded the ai traffic, and au mesh... I also downloaded the freeware global pack ,

thought I could do some outside aus flying too.

When  I got into the airports I noticed they were all empty, no life, ie people walking around, cars and atmosphere.

I ticked all the boxes in the airports control pannel, but now I'm confused, do I tick all the boxes in every airport control panel 

is there some master program/control panel or something for all this to work.? I remember them working in previous installs

oh my new laptop specs are as follows

HP ENVEY 17 Notebook PC 17 - j108TX 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.4GHz) 16284MB DDR3 SDRAM DVD optical drive Windows 8.1 17.3" Diagonal HD + LED Display NVIDIA GeForce Graphi hs WLAN & Bluetooth

hope you guys can help me out.. with out re installing any thing.. 

milo

wollongong

2014-7-25_16-4-48-196_zps1ade375a.png

jandakot  

2014-7-25_16-9-59-402_zpse5f8369d.png

Hi Milo,

Make sure you download the correct Libraries for the 'intended sim', the current one is v140703. There are 2 listed, one for FSX & P3Dv1x (the top one) and one for P3Dv2x (the bottom one). They have identical production dates right now, but this will change as time goes by, one or the other will have a more recent update depending on  revision or testing. All announcements of updated libs will be in the "Release Announcements" sub Forum, and will usually be added to the fullterrain.com support page http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html  as soon as humanly possible. You could bookmark or add Fullterrain.com support page to your browser favourites, that way you can check for updates at any time or access to redownload updates for other FTX software you have.

thanks spirit, I downloaded that lib file but now its saying file is invalid , cant open !!

I have windows 8 , and winzip etc I have downloaded twice.. hmm this is when I hate computers  :banghead:

I made sure I just downlaoded the fsx one for now.. hmm

I will download the jandakot patch thing, is there a wollongong one as well?? 

ok, I've done the download manager + downloaded the v140703 for fsx , and installed it.

I left every thing un ticked in the jandakot control panel, and nothing ,still no life,. no ai traffic eaither...

just got me totally stumped

Did you reset all your sliders to zero in traffic, then restart the the simulator and set your sliders back up. I had this happen recently and someone pointed this out to me - letting trafic rebuid from a zero sum setting may make your traffic reappear.... it did for me. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip Greg, will try that, its not just the traffic though its the movement you get

ie people walking around ,cars every where that kind of thing..

Never had this problem before .. 

OT: your p[lane looks a bit like the DC3 Airways classic silver livery. If not, and if you like flying the DC3, check us out at www.dc3airways.com. We do lots of MP, have loads of Flight Plans at the ready, or you can choose your own and get time  credit to advance you pilot career. Give us a shout out if interested.

Sherm

DCA 662

thanks Sherm, its a Dc - 47, with a modern interior, I got it some of the net (free ware) 

and made my own paint scheme for Milo Aviations (my fsx fictional company)

sounds like fun with your group mate..

just have to get my airports and  traffic to work properly now

ps does your dc club cover australia ? 

G'day Milo, 

As a litmus test for Jandakot, go to the viewing area (on the hill close to the tower and Cafe), there should be maybe 4-5 animated and static people walking around. 

Just make sure your scenery density sliders in FSX are maxed out - looks like they might not be, based on the ground texture resolution in your shots. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

thanks Jarrad, just tried that and with wollongong too, nothing, no life, no traffic, ai traffic i mean ....

im stumped ...I feel  giving up till i get my new pc, when ever that is...

I do appreciate all your efforts guys...

ho hum :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

A couple of more suggestions:

1. (SImple one, but always worth asking) - when you re-installed FSX, did you also remember to re-install SP2 or the Accelleration add-on? 

2. Go to FTX central and validate the scenery entry points (Tools>Scenery Library Configuration>Validate Scenery.cfg). If this doesn't yield a result, go to your scenery library in FSX and just check that there are the appropriate scenery library entries for all your ORBX products, most importantly checking for an ORBXlibs entry. 

3. RE AI - have you by any chance also installed any other non-ORBX AI packages with the re-install?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad, its not just jandakot , its wollongong too

I did the validate thing 

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140703 3rd July 2014

FTX AU AI Traffic V4.20 JUNE 2014

FTX AU HOLGERMESH V1.0 (SP3)

FTX AU YBLN BUSSELTON AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October2009

FTX AU YCUN CUNDERDIN AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October 2009

FTX AU YMLT VERSION 2.5 (SP3) October2009

FTX AU YMUI Murray Island V1.0

FTX AU YPJT JANDAKOT AIRPORT VERSION 1.2 (SP4 Certified June 2011) *Paid 

FTX AU YPLC PORT LINCOLN AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 (SP3) October 2009

FTX AU YWOL Wollongong Airport Version 1.00 May 2014 * Paid 

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 1 - Version 1.00 August 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 2 - September 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 3 - October 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 4 - November 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 5 - December 2013

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 6 (Hawaii) - January 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 7 - January 2014

FTX NA GA AI TRAFFIC V1.10 December 2012

FTX US 1S2 Darrington Muni Airport Version 1.1 - April 2011

I hope I have done this ok, also have the acceleration pack as I have the  gold edition of fsx...

Sorry to be bugging every one.. 

think I have 2 lots of traffic some how....wonder how that happened,

Hi Jarrad, after I did that airport validation thing in ftx control panel , 

I got people walking around Jandakot, I had sliders to the max which I don't normally do.

then when I restarted fsx it re did the scenery like it does if you change some thing..

and now with Jandakot I got.. people walking around ,even with Ultimate high settings, my normal settings I get people walking around.. :D

2014-7-26_19-54-46-858_zpsed9d5046.png

Here is the dc at Wollongong ,got people back now there too , and the parked cars...

2014-7-26_20-22-39-71_zpscf882dfa.png

now just have to figure out this traffic!   thanks again all so far so good, touch wood.. ^_^

Here is my traffic set up 

Have I got this right?? 

ftxtrafficcontrolpanelsetupformilo_zpse9

G'day Milo,

That's the correct setup - you shouldn't want to have the FSX default traffic option enabled, as this enables the default aircraft as AI, which is very very bad for your fps. 

A quick checklist to make sure you have everything installed correctly:

1. Do you have your two AI aircraft sliders in your FSX settings menu enabled to 33% or greater?

2. Did you install any non-ORBX AI packages? This is important to know as it may be causing clashes with the ORBX AI. 

3. Please go to your Flight Simulator X/simobjects/airplanes folder, and check that you have a large number of aircraft folders with the prefix "FTX".. eg "FTX AU Airbus A330-200"

4. Go to your Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery and check you have three bgls present; Traffic_FTX_Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl, Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl and traffic_FTX_International Airlines.bgl

my research indicates there is not any people flow in P3D

Just to clarify, that's not correct - peopleflow runs without any problems in P3D.

Cheers,

Jarrad

thanks again guys and I'll try those sliders at 3 3RPM ER % 

I hope this is viewable , I tried to get it so you could see what I have, 

orbxstuff_zpscbd5e5f5.jpg

here is my settings in fsx itself not sure if ok 

fsxscenerysettings_zps8a313979.jpg

oh and this one

fsxsettingsdisplay_zps9fe6af95.jpg

frame rates framerates_zpseefce7bd.jpg

hmm just tried an experiment, and not sure if this is right or not when I closed all my brower tabs, and my streaming app on my laptop down, the frame rates did improve a bit..  I know gaming on a laptop isn't the best,, I'm hoping to get a gaming rig soon ,I'm not saying this was my frame rate issue,  just had one plane land as I'm typing.. lol.. darn computers.. drives you nuts ..

fra

Miloguy: plse excuse me if I have misinterpreted your comments, but

If you only have Global, Vector and LC Europe then your airports will only be the defaults. Standard buildings and if selected default AI, but nothing modern like the flows.

If you have purchases the "full-fat" regions AND purchased Orbx airports, then you get people, animal and object flow. Some other add-on makers are also incorporating flows.

The flows are a huge innovation and worth paying for. The defaults are ok, but very sparse and unexciting -even in the more up-to-date P3D.

Many or most simmers have add-on AI programmes, and also utilities that give active aircraft services - mobile steps, moving refuelling trucks etc etc. Add-on makers are highly inventive, and you are only limited by your obsession and your wallet.

Hi guys, let's just keep to sorting the original issue for the moment (getting the AI working) so we don't get our wires crossed.

Milo - thanks for those, that's great. If you could just confirm for me;

2. Did you install any non-ORBX AI packages? This is important to know as it may be causing clashes with the ORBX AI.

Also, are you definitely sure you don't have any AI aircraft? In your original screenshot at YPJT, it does look like you have an AI aircraft sitting on the apron. An easy way to check is to right click when in the sim (ie anywhere in your virtual cockpit), and select "Air Traffic" from the pull-down menu - this will give you a list of all the AI aircraft in your area. If this menu isn't visible, it means there isn't any AI close by. See screenshot below:

Exf6t.jpg

Thanks guys for trying to help

Jarred, just done your test with ai aircraft, I get 2 at Jandakot and none at Wollongong,

also just tried perth international (stock fsx)  I only have orbx airports as I don't want to cause problems..lol...

and jandakot for some reason, even with only fsx going is the biggest frame rate killer for me..

Its a bit of a pain  I know but I have decided to un install fsx, delete all my flight sim stuff from

my hard drive on my laptop, including all orbx stuff. 

Then I'll re download Wollongong, jandakot and the freeware Aussie stuff..

with the Aussie free airports, is there away of downloading them all at once in one pack?

I'm guessing not.. I'll also re download the latest Aussie dvd scenery,so then hopefully 

start re installing fsx and so on.. wish me luck guys.. 

I do appreciate all your help .. I hope I'm not too much of a pain in the A**** some times..

G'day Milo,

No need to re-install everything again, as from what I can see you pretty much have everything working as it should, now the key is to fine tuning your setup to get performance back where it was prior to your re-install last week.  Have a good read through the user guides that come with each airport, as these give some detailed information on helping adjust your FSX sliders to get the right balance between performance and detail. Otherwise it would be worth taking up a discussion on some of the more hardware/performance issues on other forums both here (tips and tricks, hardware and tech talk) and elsewhere, as this is starting to fall outside of the purview of OBRX product support. 

Be sure to let us know how you get along, we can all relate to the frustration of going through a re-install (something I dread!).

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks mate  ,  I have decided any way to re do every thing.. 

as I have a second hard drive I put fsx and stuff on that..

so when I do my re instal it will go into e:fsx, ...and then when I put my airports and orbx aussie ai that all goes to

e:fsx so on.. think thats how I'll do it

just to let you guys know I have re installed fsx, and got Wollongong up , all looking good so far,

just haven't gotten jandakot up yet, probably the next day or so and will let you guys know..

Archived