Sightseeing in Northern Germany

JanTenner

Hey guys,

luckily I had some spare time this weekend and while my girlfriend is at the sea in RL I decided to go there virtually. I use OpenLC along with Global and Vector and the DEX Landndmarks which adds pretty much landmarks and so on for Northern Germany.

I started  in EDDG Münster Osnabrück which is approximately 30 km north from where I am living. I followed the highways to Hannover and landed there. This morning I started there towards Bremen afterwards proceeding to Bremerhaven, Wilhelmshaven and then to Helgoland. Here are some impressions.

nord0.jpgEDDG

nord1.jpgJust some ground textures showing a little city

nord2.jpgPorta Westphalica

nord3.jpgSomewhere just before reaching Hannover

nord4.jpgEDDV in Sight

nord5.jpgNext day just passed Bremen and following the Weser

nord6.jpgWilhelmshaven

nord7.jpgnord8.jpg

I am pretty amazed by what I saw. I also had PlanG running on my second monitor and most towns, cities, forests and so on I saw there I could also find in my FSX. And it looks great now :)

Hi Jan,

I can only agree with you!

FTX openLC has already upgraded the simulator world tremendously and in combination with DEX Northern Germany makes again a big step forward.

That's what my flight over northern Germany also has shown ( Post #58 in German language)

Great and convincing set, Jan, especially for the locals among us.

Just one question to shot #3: There should be a bit monument on the western side of the Porta (I see it from my office window), just behind your front wheel. Is it existing in the sim?

Archived