Add on Aircraft

Hangar. Any aircraft will work with ORBX,

Depends if you want freeware or payware,  big tubeliners, GA or Military or Helos. Search for these developers in Google: Ants , Alabeo, Aerosoft, A2A, Carenado, Dino Cattaneo Majestic, PMDG,

QualityWings,  RAZBAM , restauravia. Virtavia,RealAir, Nemeth Designs ...

these will sure have something to your liking...

Jorge

Thanks guys. Ken, I had a look at the Carenado range and other stuff Just Flight has. For nostalgic reasons I bought A2A's recently released Piper Cherokee 180, I did my ppl on its little brother the 140. Not having a good experience with it, and not getting any support from A2A. The file opens with the a/c on the runway ready to go. Start engine -  no result, repeat, again no result. Won't bore you with more "no result" details. 24 hours later and I'm still waiting for A2A support - very poor customer service.

Moving on. Hey Jorge, thanks for the info I'll have a look at those and hopefully I might find something that will fly without file drama's.

Hi Reg, thanks mate. I gather most developers produce stuff that works with MS FSX.

I think I'll stick a post up and see if anyone else has bought the Cherokee 180 and if they have had any drama's. Never no, somebody may have a fix for my woe's. (like rudders ^-^ )

Don

PS I did the re-download of the file, checked for patches and updates, again no result.  

Hey Don

The Cherokee is a great plane and works flawlessly on countless machines around the world, including mine.

You could try making sure you start FSX with the default flight (hang glider, Friday Harbor) and load the Cherokee and scenery from there.

A lot of FSX problems are caused by folder permissions.  Ensure all folders related to FSX are set to maximise access permissions.  Most seasoned FSX veterans install FSX into a folder other than the default Program Files one, that seems to work better.

Hi Don,

I have the A2A Cherokee and it works flawlessly did you take a look at the Shift 3 window and tried auto start, also go to Shift 7 window and check the state your aircraft is in maybe this helps.

Cheers,

Ruud

Why 2 posts regarding the same problem? A2A use their forums for support, not mail. They say so over and over. Better off heading over there (than here) I guess. Read the manual, usually does the trick. Check the maintenance hangar, do the preflight check, startup procedure as you would do in real life (which you should be familiar with having the PPL). One thing, make sure to have automixture set to off in FSX/P3D for all Accusim birds

Hi Fredrik, not actually two posts. This one I was asking for contacts to purchase add on aircraft, the other post was asking for help with the aircraft I purchased. I did make contact with the A2A support forum but without success. There maybe answers there now, but I haven't been advised by the moderators that my posts are up, regardless I no longer require there assistance as I have received excellent help and advice from the members here and am now successfully flying my Cherokee 180. This has been a very enlightening learning curve, when they said real, I wasn't aware that they meant THAT real. So I am now armed and ready to proceed in the correct manner. Thanks for your tip about the automixture.

Don

Archived