Vid: FTX - Lilydale to Healesville, Carenado 172N

David Rogers

Hi all,

I have produced a short (7min) vid today of a flight from Orbx YLIL to OZx Healesville.

The vid contains my narrative of the flight.

For those that haven't visited it yet, Healesville is a small (hard to spot!) field 5nm east of YLIL. It consists of the strip and a small hangar shed.

Things didn't go exactly to plan as I had some 'Fraps' problems during the take-off, which required some butcher-like editing !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1fScWq8EW4

Thanks,

David.

Mate only thing I would suggest is uploading your vids to Vimeo as they have an HD option which means the viewer wont lose anything in quality that you didnt want them to, also if your a registered member you can download the HD version full size from the site, especially good if you continue with the instructional aspect as I see a lot of simmers downloading your vids for reference and training.

I really enjoyed the narration - very professional delivery. If the ORBX team ever produce future missions, you'd be a shoe in for the voice over. It would be great to have you as a copilot to narrate the flights. Not a bad landing either!! Really well done mate!

Excellent stuff!  One tip: press SHIFT+ENTER to raise your in-cockpit eyepoint so the viewer can see a little more over the engine cowl and enjoy the scenery a little more. I usually use the SHIFT+ENTER trick so I get better visibility on approaches. It's sort of like leaning forward and raising your seat ;)

Good video!

Excellent stuff!  One tip: press SHIFT+ENTER to raise your in-cockpit eyepoint so the viewer can see a little more over the engine cowl and enjoy the scenery a little more. I usually use the SHIFT+ENTER trick so I get better visibility on approaches. It's sort of like leaning forward and raising your seat ;)

Good video!

I usually rais  my seat :P ...and lean forward... ahhh... the joys of Head tracking :D

Great idea Dave and well done although that Aussie accent could do with some work. ;) Actually your English accent works quite well in these types on videos.

I like the run through the check lists and the snippets of information you provide along the journey. Not only is the video pleasant to watch it's also educational.

Cheers,

Serge

Excellent Video David...

Your getting quite good at this malarky aren't you.... ;D

One question...is that the Carenado 172N default sound or have you plonked the TSS version in??

Dave

Hey Dave,

The sound file I use in the Caranado 172N is actually that from the Alphasim Long-EZ (see www.alphasim.co.uk), which uses the same engine range as in the C172.  Just love the sound, raspy, loud and real !  ;D

Cheers,

David.

brilliant video!

I accidentaly landed at that airport once. I was on my way to Port Lincoln and en-route discovered that I was really hungry so an unscheduled stop-over was in order and I found myself frantically searching for that runway :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived