PilotsEYE.tv Vienna-Barcelona - with FTXG

Since I have seen this movie for the first time years ago, I wanted to repeat it in the sim. The pilots requested for a special sightseeing tour at FL 200-220, and - since it was a public holiday - were allowed to fly through inactive military areas.

http://www.amazon.de/PilotsEYE-tv-ACROSS-ALPS-Wien-Cockpitflight/dp/B00191PKRM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1404416496&sr=8-16&keywords=pilotseye

So it became one of my first flights with FTXG.

Starting from Vienna´s 16, ...

kmgDU.jpg

... following the Danube near Linz ...

JVNE.jpg

... towards Innsbruck.

4oilG.jpg

The austrian alps to the left, ...

Q8oGd.jpg

... before crossing the Rhine.

Cemt.jpg

From the Bodensee (difficult to see, due to the clouds) ...

Ji62.jpg

... heading southwards the austrian - swiss border ...

ckaBn.jpg

hTzra.jpg

Lago Maggiore in the background:

rPEpk.jpg

The upper valaisian valley, with the Mont Blanc in the background:

462SG.jpg

The Matterhorn. Current weather, btw - and just a little bit more snow than I had seen some weeks ago there.

4Ls2W.jpg

The central Valais, with Martigny in the corner and the Mont Blanc to the left. The streets are absolutely exact, I can recognize even the roundabouts. But the cities are missing painfully...

5rxCH.jpg

... and the Chablais, with the Lake Geneva in the background.

Lvlkh.jpg

Geneva.

ELtDF.jpg

And southwards to the Cote d´Azur. Monaco left, Nice in the middle, St. Tropez right. Do not forget to compare this picture with Frank Schnibbens Open_LC preview post from today

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80987-openlc-eu-mediterranean-impressions/ .

e6Ekp.jpg

Towards the mediterranean sea, near Marseille.

9cUsm.jpg

... and heading to Barcelona, as you can see towards the ILS25L (in contrast to the DVD, where they get the 25R...).

FcmJE.jpg

syP8x.jpg

Global is already a pleasure, and I keenly await the LC upgrade! Hope it adds the missing mid-size cities and villages.

Now this is a great set of shots Gerold - just tried to see You flying above Vienna from my home's window but i think i was a bit to late for waving :smile:

Your shots are offering superb views anyways though, so nothing to be worried about at all!

Thank You very much for sharing these grand shots from this very unique tour with us here!

Great looking shots and set Gerold.

Grand journey! Thank you for sharing!

Happy skies.

O0

Beautiful set! like the wing view shot very much!

Thank you for posting and sharing this very nice trip , well done Gerold !

Great idea and shots Gerold! Thanksfor sharing.

Thanks, mates!

Grand shots Gerold , you are one great tour guide .

Cheers

Brad

Well, it was just a repetition of the DVD. However, flight planning was difficult, as they received many "direct-to"s...

Now this is a great set of shots Gerold - just tried to see You flying above Vienna from my home's window but i think i was a bit to late for waving :smile:

Your shots are offering superb views anyways though, so nothing to be worried about at all!

Thank You very much for sharing these grand shots from this very unique tour with us here!

The Vienna flight is quite well fitting to you! And, consider the DVD: These pilots have a lovely austrian accent, and know every mountain of your country!

Very nice captures indeed. Global really makes a difference and the view is excellent at FL200.

I was also surprised how big the difference is between the usual FL300+ and this low level - especially in the mountains. Must have been a pleasure for the paxes.

Great set Gerold! The scenery is great and I love the Airbus pinstriped seats... great interior on your aircraft.

I spent a week going to Spain once but I have never been there. In 1977 I left Norfolk, VA on the USS Independence and we went to Rota Spain but along the way we got into a horrific storm off the Azores and we arrived a bit late. We anchored 3 miles off Rota and I transferred over to the old CV42 USS Roosevelt (the FDR as opposed to the modern day TR) and got settled in there for a couple of hours. Then I was about to ask how many days I had to go ashore (I had been promised 3 to 4 days) when they announced over the PA system to set the "sea & anchor detail" to get underway. I have been to Spain but I have never been in Spain. Bah Humbug! Went from there to Mayport, FL.

Thanks for the fun trip!

Archived