Flying around PNW with A2A Cherokee

AnkH

Here are some screenshots of my recent flight with the lovely A2A Piper Cherokee 180. The plane was parked in KORS (Orcas), however, my passengers I had to pick up at Anacortes (74S). So I needed to perform a little flight to grab them over at Anacortes, today this little beatuy will serve me:

ag4jmd.jpg

Outside check did not show any damage or anything else abnormal. No wonder, only almost 7h in service, this plane is basically brand new. Simply wonder where it has been the last 30 years 8)

b58jay.jpg

Plane in flawless condition, nice weather and waiting passengers. No time to lose, hurry up and let's do the jump to Anacortes

ct9kwj.jpg

dkekjl.jpg

Unbelievable still for me flying around in full blown ORBX regions. So many things to discover, so lovely little airstrips, ideal playing ground for planes like the Cherokee

ehqjj0.jpg

f6nkjd.jpg

Short hop already finished, turning final at Anacortes

gyxjls.jpg

Working on his plane this guy, maybe he also wants to take his chance today? My passengers are probably already waiting...

hrpkd9.jpg

Full House. Today, my passengers planned a little hike around Lake Shannon, that's why we are going to take the direct route to Concrete via Skagit and along the Skagit Highway.

j2ejnk.jpg

Let's go! The increased payload is easily recognizable by an increased rpm needed to roll. Also the general handling of the plane feels more heavy now.

k91jh2.jpg

l0vj0r.jpg

mqykf4.jpg

Passing by Tesoro refinery on our way to Skagit...

nc9kyw.jpg

Some pictures of the passenger... (Comment: I really love the A2A Cherokee and how the plane behaves differently depending on the payload. BUT: it is a pity that the passengers are not visible within the VC, this somehow kills immersion...)

o8rkmw.jpg

pfoks9.jpg

Turning above Concrete Muni, lovely little strip in a nice landscape. Had to do this turn for my passengers to let them have a glimpse of Lake Shannon from above

qmqkjc.jpg

Downwind descent. Even with full load, the plane resistet to sink properly. And of course, reducing speed with full payload is also not easy...

ra9jnn.jpg

On the final. Do not ask me why, but somehow there was quiet a strong wind coming from the right...

s8yj7w.jpg

As mentioned: to fast, to high and with the wind, this certainly is not going to become my best landing ever 8)

tpgjva.jpg

Down! Down! Down! Poor spines of my passengers...

utok3z.jpg

My passengers are already gone for their hike. Now I have to wait, drink coffee and relax. I will take them back (or somewhere else, as they wish) later

vb5kq6.jpg

watj38.jpg

Thanks for watching. Pictures are not edited apart from the black bar and size adjustment. Used addons in this series: DX10 Fixer, FSGRW, ORBX PNW Scenery, ORBX KORS, ORBX Anacortes, ORBX Concrete Muni, A2A Piper Cherokee, REX and TrackIR.

Archived