A Matter Of Trust

Stillwater

It was just a cloudy afternoon, when FedEx services from CYYJ to PAKT was starting out across Mt. Tuam, ...

A4QKt.jpg

... out of Victoria Intl..

ubQaz.jpg

We could already spot Ketchikan Airport, still being on the downwind approach to Rwy. 11.

Usk8y.jpg

IfZBa.jpg

But turning into final, conditions became slightly worse...

sR5mn.jpg

5 miles out. Gear down, flaps full. Any runway? Keeping our fingers crossed the ILS works correct (which is not always the case in FSX... :wacko: )

uvS4n.jpg

Trust pays off. There it is!

LgAVm.jpg

Turning down this brilliant 3D-masterpiece of a taxiway!

bjUrX.jpg

That looks promising, except the bumps in front of us (keeps the passengers awake - oh, err, there are none...)!

wuJI.jpg

Tied down. Now for a good salmon steak and a cold drink!

giCJs.jpg

Oh man... I just finished lunch and you are going to have me hungry again with this talk of salmon steak. YUM! ;)

Great batch of shots Gerold. :)

Great shots and flying skills Gerold! Not easy to find the runway in that weather conditions.

Enjoyed your flight and the shots Gerold,

Great shots, looks awesome!

Marko

Nice landing Captain Stillwater , and even better screen shots . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

Your journey was very enjoyable! Thank you for the ride!

Ketchikan is a favorite for sure!!

Happy flying,

Greg

O0

Thanks for your comments, mates! That landing really was a pleasure (in a sim....): Upon seeing the RWY I switched off the AP and enjoyed the scenery. I think this would not be so relaxed in RL...!

Thanks for your comments, mates! That landing really was a pleasure (in a sim....): Upon seeing the RWY I switched off the AP and enjoyed the scenery. I think this would not be so relaxed in RL...!

That sir is why we have our simulated world where one can relax and occasional goof are perhaps frowned upon but entirely permissible. ;)

(I have 4 or 5 saved flights starting at Ketchikan... a couple with medium to large acft from the main terminal level and 2 or 3 with smaller, sportier acft from the lower lot.)

Regards,

Tom Wunder

Just awesome shots of Ketchikan, thanks Gerold.

Thanks, Anton - it IS a great scenery work!

That sir is why we have our simulated world where one can relax and occasional goof are perhaps frowned upon but entirely permissible. ;)

(I have 4 or 5 saved flights starting at Ketchikan... a couple with medium to large acft from the main terminal level and 2 or 3 with smaller, sportier acft from the lower lot.)

Regards,

Tom Wunder

Believe it or not, Tom: I have done exactly the same with PAKT. Ok, I have only 3 saved flights (Airliner, medium on upper and small GA on lower lot). 

Great caps and some challenging weather. Would you mind sharing your flight plan route string for this trip? :)

I am not experienced in sharing these files, maybe the routing here helps? I usually make jet planning with Pro-Atc-X, and check the result on skyvector.com.

CYYJ MB YCD QQ ZT ZP TDNSS ANN (COGOX) PAKT11

Archived