New Client Vpilot

Bassman

I'd be interested to hear any reports on this and its effects on simconnect if any.  Twice now I've tried to get into Vatsim but each time the TrackIR or EZCA software has been affected (can't remember which) and I've had to reinstall.  IF this software can work with the two applications I'd be very happy to get serious with Vatsim.

I hope you report these issues instead of only uttering your wishes at this forum.

Aaah no... plenty of other things to do so the idea of being on Vatsim took a back seat, as it wasn't important enough for me to worry about.  I gave it a shot, it didn't work, I put it back in its box.  Nothing wrong with that, if I chased around trying to fix every little thing in my life that didn't work I'd never sleep.

And you'll note that I didn't actually utter my wishes as a post, only as a comment on this thread, more or less as an afterthought. The funny thing is... when I did try Vatsim out and joined a multiplayer flight years ago, I got laughed at for an incorrect call going in to Bankstown.  Didn't exactly endear me to the community at that time.

I am using VPilot for P3D and it works fine. The directions for usage are excellent. I still have to get used to the modeling but  I did  not have time to delve into that except to create a model to allow me to fly the Carenado King Air 200. Now I am getting  closer to eliminating FSX. If we could only get a few more Orbx Airports in P3D. I should add Vpilot works in FSX as well.

"I got laughed at for an incorrect call going in to Bankstown."

Now that's a coincidence. Bankstown (Sydney) is where I got lip from a controller for doing a radio check.. it was the last time I used Vatpac. In fairness though, I think I will rejoin and give it another go. Teecee.

I am using VPilot for P3D and it works fine. The directions for usage are excellent. I still have to get used to the modeling but  I did  not have time to delve into that except to create a model to allow me to fly the Carenado King Air 200. Now I am getting  closer to eliminating FSX. If we could only get a few more Orbx Airports in P3D. I should add Vpilot works in FSX as well.

Are you using VPilot on a second (networked) computer? I have downloaded and installed it on my client computer. I tried to run it, but, it would not response in a timely way. Never did get it to work. I too use P3D.

Thanks

Danny

OK I have installed VPilot, calibrated the mic, checked the FSX default aircraft list, and pressed the connect button.  There are no controllers in range.  I've set YSCB as my airport and it's just after 1800 hrs local.

Anything I need to do to see a controller or two?

Ta

"I got laughed at for an incorrect call going in to Bankstown."

Now that's a coincidence. Bankstown (Sydney) is where I got lip from a controller for doing a radio check.. it was the last time I used Vatpac. In fairness though, I think I will rejoin and give it another go. Teecee.

I. Have not flown on Vatsim for quite some time. The primary reason is my own lack of full procedural knowledge and dealing with all the charts. Somehow, flying to an invisible intersection without appropriate navigational software is beyond me. With that' said, I have found that tolerance of nincompoops like me varies from controller to controller. I never fly Europe, those guys seem rather unforgiving and demand full procedural knowledge.i can live with that notion as it does add to the immersion into a hobby that tries to be an actual simulation.

I have found that many controllers in the US are much more forgiving and willing to work with pilots such as myself. Of course, it would be stupid to seek that assistance during busy flight times. So, when I have ventured out, I have made certain that I am dealing with a somewhat lonely ATC.

Btw,I am not so interested in passenger jets.I prefer piston engines, such as small twins and the larger dc3. One more note. You do not want to be on final in a string of aircraft with a heavy moving on your six...-:)

Sherm

Managed to get in touch with YSSY controller and talk!  Was advised to download the IVAO aircraft set which I did.

But the program didn't like me sitting in the Alabeo C172RG and kept flashing up some message about not being able to configure my aircraft.  Are there any guides to making my aircraft fleet compatible with the program?

Thanks

John

I have Vpilot installed on a networked PC and all works great. What's important is to have all versions of simconnect installed on both your FSX PC and networked PC. Also a simconnect.cfg file with the FSX PC IP must be placed in the the network PC document folder or Vpilot folder.(also required when you use Squakbox on networked pc)

Only setback having it installed on a network PC is stuttering AI planes and PTT has to be on network PC keyboard.

Managed to get in touch with YSSY controller and talk!  Was advised to download the IVAO aircraft set which I did.

But the program didn't like me sitting in the Alabeo C172RG and kept flashing up some message about not being able to configure my aircraft.  Are there any guides to making my aircraft fleet compatible with the program?

Thanks

John

John. I use IVAO_MTL also which is great for matching airliners but you can also download and use the default FSX at the same time. Just put it below IVAO and Vpilot will search the FSX planes if no match is found in IVAO.

Should mention it does NOT have a radar where you can see other  planes around you and some I fly will not install it because of that , and reading the post they have no plans of putting one in . I was under the impression that the reason they made this program is because we could talk on Unicom instead of typing which I hate with a passion but I don't see anything about this feature. Like always they never have any examples of how to do things such as every body and his dog has a PMDG of some kind and it would be nice to show a full blown example of how to make the mode set .

• 2 weeks later...

All the air traffic have no liveries when flying online. I use the orbx traffic packages only and believe a vmr file needs to be created? Anyone done this for mapping purposes??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the air traffic have no liveries when flying online. I use the orbx traffic packages only and believe a vmr file needs to be created? Anyone done this for mapping purposes??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I was getting model errors with a few planes in sydney I have all WOAI packages installed , so installed the ftx au traffic as well. But think we need a rule set

Cheers

Riche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Archived