P3DV2.2 Sekiu to Fairchild - Washington

Rob Ainscough

Always great. I kinda start to like the A2A 172. I blame it onto you if i buy it ;)

How did you capture the vid? I lately tried Shadowplay and Bandicam and experiencend heavy stutters in the vid since upgrading to v2.2. In v2.0 and 2.1 i never had a stutering vid. I didnt see any stutters during flight while recording :(

Cool! is that Fairchild scenery available somewhere?

Also, I have a problem with transparent pavement at Sekiu, and I can see that it is ok in your video. Any hint?

tnx

Andrea

Like as in giant pits? I have the same issue try setting your terrian mesh resolution to 5m that's supposed to fix it. Idk know if it did as I'm away from my PC for the weekend

Thanks for the kind words.

Always great. I kinda start to like the A2A 172. I blame it onto you if i buy it ;)

How did you capture the vid? I lately tried Shadowplay and Bandicam and experiencend heavy stutters in the vid since upgrading to v2.2. In v2.0 and 2.1 i never had a stutering vid. I didnt see any stutters during flight while recording :(

I'm using FRAPS to record video ... it can sometimes introduce stutters, especially at 2560 x 1600 @ 30 fps, but not too bad.  Eventually I plan to use another PC to capture video output so I no longer need to use any recording system on my main P3D PC.

I wanted to see what would happen if I left the windows open on take-off ... they stayed attached and did seem to induce some drag.

Cheers, Rob.

Cool! is that Fairchild scenery available somewhere?

Also, I have a problem with transparent pavement at Sekiu, and I can see that it is ok in your video. Any hint?

tnx

Andrea

Yes, Orbx PNW.

Mesh = 5m - Here are my settings: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html

Cheers, Rob.

Just beautiful Rob,

I've been off flying XP-10 for a couple of days to try to get a handle on what 64 bit simulators will be capable of and it is a relief to see some great detail again. :)

Thanks,

Tom Wunder

Awesome video, thanks very much :)

I'm glad someone finally did this airport its been one of my favorites in the PNW for a long time because of the approach to 27, I never expected it to get the Orbx treatment though. Its an awesome airport and thanks for getting the triple installer out so quick!

Wow, another great one mate, you really show Sekiu well in P3D!

We've added both these videos to the product page if you don't mind :)

Go for it!  LM have added some of my other video's to their product page also (not these) ... it's all good!

Just keep all the very nice work rolling.

Cheers, Rob.

You say they are easy etc. which undersells them IMO.... but there is no doubt your vids convey the abilities of V2.2 and your add-ons in an inviting way. Some vids are very 'flashy' and use methods to smooth them out, but your are honest and that counts for more.

They make me want to fire-up v2.2 and fly.

You say they are easy etc. which undersells them IMO.... but there is no doubt your vids convey the abilities of V2.2 and your add-ons in an inviting way. Some vids are very 'flashy' and use methods to smooth them out, but your are honest and that counts for more.

They make me want to fire-up v2.2 and fly.

Perhaps "easy" was a bad choice of words ... let me re-phrase, I don't spend considerable time making them ... I'd say about 20-30 minutes of actual "work" (title, edit out footage, transitions) and the rest is just render, compress, upload, move the captured video files to offline storage (13TB and counting) -- while I go do something else :)

There are other much more polished videos out there that are very impressive ... those clearly take some work so I hope I'm not underselling those that have accomplished master pieces of video production.

I certainly have the tools (Cinema 4D, Adobe suite, Cakewalk audio creation/processing, etc. etc.) to make a master piece, but not the time.

Cheers, Rob.

I certainly have the tools (Cinema 4D, Adobe suite, Cakewalk audio creation/processing, etc. etc.) to make a master piece, but not the time.

Ah, but what about the talent :P

I think your vids a fine as they are.... its nice to see things as they are, without any of the effects etc. you see in other presentations. Not that I'm knocking those, as they are great to watch, and very skilled in terms of production, but you get the feeling its not representational of what most will actually see.

Archived