YBCS YMML LVLD767 landing lights illuminating runway ahead

AVI8TOR

Hi there Im having the same issue in fsx with YMMLV2 only YBCS all up to date.

Where my landing lights on the level d 767 illuminate the runway at night ,say around 50ft ahead and whilst panning lights disappear reappear Only happens at those 2 airports

I also have yscb and ybbn they illuminate just fine and with many other addons. any help is greatly appreciated. And to mention I have spare fsx and have copied and pasted spotlight bmp, I thought that it may have been corrupted but to no avail I have same issue. Mike. .

G'day Mike,

A couple of quick points to get the ball rolling:

1. Are you experiencing the same issue with any other aircraft? 

2. If the answer to the above is yes, could you take a couple of screenshots showing the issue? If you haven't done this before, information on how can be found here

3. Are you running FSX, FSX with DX10 or P3D?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey Mate

Thanks for the reply, I am running FSX with ACCEL , it also happens with pmdg 737, and only at YBCS and YBCS which is strange. I will post a screenshot tomorrow morning from my FSX pc.

If you should have the building shadows activated it can cause artefacts i.e. flashing "patches" on the flat ground. Some of those patches do not interact with aircraft shadows by day - or the lights that are cast by the aircraft by night. Uncheck it and things should revert back to normal.

If you don't have the shadows activated you're on your own ;) But I'm sure one of the devs will come up with a solution.

Cheers

Mallard

Anyone else have anything to add? I have  ground shadows unticked in fsx scenery settings. I don't what the issue could be. Did some further testing with other aircraft and its only happening with leveld 767 only at those 2 airports.

There are patches of Orbx YMML runways that dont show landing light illumination (at night) or aircraft shadows (during the day). Test by taxing up and down the runways during the day with aircraft shadows ticked in FSX options.

Below is default FSX 747 showing non illumination of one of these patches.

w0c2l.jpg

Mike, I understand you're keen to see this resolved, but you should understand that I've been taking the weekend off to spend some time with the family over Easter. 

Back to the topic at hand, I'm very sorry but I can't speak directly for your problems at YMML as I haven't had a hand in developing this one (this looks like the airport in your screenshot, yes?). I can, however, help with YBCS so if you take a screenshot of the affected area for this one I will check it out. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Ok sorry mate thanks for the reply and happy Easter. I am just eager to get flying without any issues ybcs is the same issue thou funny thing is that that when I turn to taxiway way lights illuminate ground just fine.

Ground Shadows unticked in fsx scenery settings.

Mike, I'm a little confused. Is it either:

1. When you change your aircraft's landing lights to taxi lights, it fixes the issue, or

2. When you move your aircraft to the taxiway the issue fixes itself?

If point 2 is the correct answer, I'll really need to have an exact location (ie screenshot) the pinpoint the issue. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

It's when I turn off the runway and onto taxiway all lights illuminate ground just fine.

But whilst rolling for take off on runway there is some areas of the runway where it does illuminate runway completely and then there are patches like in the screen shot.

Mike

Jarrad I will post some more shots

Thanks Mike, that'd be great. Just a shot or two showing the exact location(s) at YBCS where you have the issue would be perfect. I've taxied around Cairns with a couple of aircraft with taxilights on (specifically PMDG 737, Lotus L39, Carenado King Air) and can't replicate/find any potential spots. Unfortunately I don't have the Level-D 767 so can't try this out.

Cheers,

Jarrad

xZCz6.th.png

Y8xM2.png

lKfU.png

y4QP.png

u9nv.png

As you can see some areas are fine and some are not especially on runway. Same issue at ymml v2 aircraft  affected default aircraft leveld 767 and pmdg 747 and pmdg md11 777 737 pmdg work fine I don't get it

please help jarred

thanks

mike

Thanks for the shots Mike,

This looks like an issue with the legacy ground poly - I'll need to spend some time re-looking at the source material to see if I can remedy it for YBCS. I'll mark this is noted as it will need some work to look into, and will need to wait for a future service pack.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad

Just curious to know am I I the only one experiencing these issues with ybcs and ymml?

could it be possible some other add on of mine causing this issue?

its just weird that there are over 360 views and  no one else is experiencing the same issues on the runway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jarrad

Question for you i am thinking of getting fsx steam..

But am concerned about my ftx airports being compatible?

I i have been reading alot about vas usage is better on steam but again it hasnt been tested with the pmdg 777 with alot of addons

What are your thoughts on this?

Should i make the switch or wait till more has been tested

Thanks

G'day Mike,

The best info RE compatibility can be found in this topic here - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89484-using-orbx-products-with-fsx-steam-edition-faq/

I don't have FSX SE installed yet on my machine (mainly as I have the standard edition installed and humming along nicely without problems) so can't give a personal recommendation, and whilst I have been reading a bit about the VAS useage too, it's early days yet and any discussion of "miracle cures" should be taken with a fairly generous pinch of salt. But that's just my opinion and would be happy to be proven wrong  :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived