The amazing KRDD Redding

Benny

I don't say much when I do/post a vid but now I have something to say.

Look at that as a small customer review.

KRDD is a simulator on it's own, it's a full playground surrounded by mountain. In some ways similar to NZMF but in a different place on earth. It's a mini cityscape, it's 2 super nice airport and one hell of a medical center AND SURROUNDING.

Yesterday when my girlfriend was looking (mostly the night shot) at this one she said: I understand why  you enjoy your simulator, it look so real and very relaxing.

Even FPS are good with FRAP running and my new toy. Yep leaving the big bird for a wile .

I have one remark for ORBX, I don't get your price system ::) For small airfield I would prefer a somewhat lower price but for such a scenery I would pay more.

Best regards, Ben

Available in 720P

>http://youtu.be/n1mCYZI0QpU

Hurray Ben and edit your post , maybe Orbx didn't realize there pricing error . ???:D :D I loved the video and I agree completely with your talking points .

Cheers

Brad

That my friend is one of the best videos I've seen in a long, long time. Beatrix Kiddo would have been of the opening/closing theme music as well.

Since I installed KRDD and Benton, I can't leave the area. I taking my other new toy, Alabeo's sweet C195 all over the area. Flying jut fat enough to keep her in the air so I can enjoy all the awesome scenery.

Jarras has truly out done himself this time!

Ben, 

You are having a great time, mate.

For these types of scenarios, which is good even is fly these fantastic machines, like yours.

This video was well done and is very tasteful - for us simmers.

Thank you, mate.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Nice one Ben, I often don't watch sim videos to the end, but this one kept me captivated all the way.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy that you like this one. I put more... love into it, ha ha ha.

I'm often like you Sina, I cut them short or jump to other area. BUT I'm on a expensive 3G connection at home.

I like the 1-3 minute one also, but it's sometime impossible to do so with a scenery like this one.

I'm also getting better with Corel Video Studio Pro.

That said, I have enough clip to make 3 vid of about 5-6 minutes. What a nice scenery.

Ben

Hi Ben,

As to the video... WOW!

As to the pricing... that can be a deep subject. I think most of us here would agree that ORBX FTX scenery is better than any others. Others may beat them with one feature or another but over all I just don't need any purchased scenery other than what I can buy from ORBX. I do have some other stuff but much of it is not currently installed. What is installed will be removed when FTX for those areas becomes available.

But within FTX not all sceneries are created equal. All are not priced equal for that matter. I just paid (US) $29.47 for Redding and $22.31 for Sekiu. Usually I try to wait on FTX stuff until it can be found on a holiday sale but some of this stuff is just too juicy to wait for. As an example I could not wait for KRDD, 11S, NCA, or Bozeman. I thought these prices were about right. I'm not always that agreeable with ORBX pricing. On some of the smaller grass strips I choose to do without. I have some of them and with the free ones provided I think that makes for enough. Also many of the small airports included with the regions are very good.

Then there are the surprises. About a year ago when I was getting ready to buy 74S, KBVS, 3W5, & 1S2 I also considered buying WA56. I decided that I could make do without that one. When I received my DVDs from PCA I was happily  surprised to learn that WA56 Israel's Farm was included with 3W5 Concrete. Of course if I had included WA56 in my purchase that would not have been such a pleasant surprise. In fact I think I may have been a bit angry that I had not been told. Israel's Farm still sells for a fairly stiff price... well the same as Sekiu. If you are going to offer us good deals it would be nice to tell us about it before we plunk down the cash. Please.

There are only 3 payware FTX airports I lack in PNW and they are small grass strips. Other people may well have different priorities. I like grass strips but figure I have enough good ones now.

I guess I am trying to say that the pricing is fine but the buyer needs to select according to their own priorities. Then keep your eyes open and maybe pick up some of your lower priorities when a bargain deal comes along.

I'm sorry. I really should have put these thoughts onto "Big-Mike's" thread over in the support forum where he was commenting about the cost of PAGS.

Ben the video was awesome! And you have some great helicopters as well. :)

Have a great day,

Tom Wunder

I guess I am trying to say that the pricing is fine but the buyer needs to select according to their own priorities. Then keep your eyes open and maybe pick up some of your lower priorities when a bargain deal comes along.

I'm sorry. I really should have put these thoughts onto "Big-Mike's" thread over in the support forum where he was complaining about the cost of PAGS.

Ben the video was awesome! And you have some great helicopters as well. :)

Have a great day,

Tom Wunder

I, and I say I totally don't care about price. I like it, I buy it. I didn't even check the price of Redding 2 days ago. But I did for the new PAGS this morning, just curious. Not saying that there is not enough stuff in PAGS. Just saying  it's 2 different kind of scenery world. I'm still gonna buy it ::)

It's my only hobby lately (winter time... and a VERY COLD ONE. -27C this morning and 0C tomorrow ????)

It's one case of beer less (price), yea, beer is kind of expensive here :blink:

some hobby cost way more, trust me on this one.

thanks again for the thanks... he he.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I do know that many hobbies cost a lot more... I have some of those vices as well. A close friend of mine gets upset that people don't do as he does and always use the correct current weather and time/day in FSX. I often set FSX to contrast the real world. When I have triple digit temps here in Colorado flying in a blizzard can be a relief. During this long, cold, Winter I have been doing a lot of warm weather flying.

I can't be too worried about the price of this stuff as I have sure bought a ton of it.

Also in my own defense I want to point out that I went back and changed the word "complaining" to "commenting". A bit too harsh the first way.

Have a great day,

Tom Wunder

I'd be more than happy to increase the price by 50% if people think it's too cheap :)

On a serious note, Jarrad gives me a headache :(

I am always trying to get him to rein in the features and size of his airports, but he just won't be told. So just have a whine and deal with all the goodness that his airports provide, ok?

Sensational video Ben, thanks for your work on this one :) I caught it on youtube the other day, and was very chuffed to see the helipad getting a good workout! 

Thanks for sharing, much obliged.

Cheers,

Jarrad

THANK YOU... for making such a nice place!!! I can't get out of there. I really can't. It as a taste of reality that I can't explain, being a real pilot help (I guess) appreciate such a magical scenery. I'm building another vid out of pure fun. Trying to push the envelop. That said it's a coincidence that I felt in love with chopper... at the same time Redding came out. 

Bravo to ORBX team!!! This one is on my top 3!! with NZMF and SAK.

And to JV, it's well worth 50$

Ben

Archived