FTX Global VECTOR Update 1.1 Release Schedule

Hi everyone!

FTX Global VECTOR Update 1.1 is near completion and I'm happy to announce that we're going to release it at the weekend starting with February 22nd . You can find detailed information about all the changes in the following threads:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70621-vector-v11-change-log-in-development/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72161-vector-v11-is-a-complete-rebuild-not-a-patch/

Bernd

Fantastic work on getting all of this taken care of as quickly as possible. Really looking forward to the release. It's nice to be updated with a release date even tho we do understand that it could change depending on the circumstances. Continual support and development is why I choose to do business here.

Thanks, Bernd.

Please hold it longer if you find any last-minute or new issues, if you can; better to have a thorough, clean next release instead of having to deal with a bunch of nits subsequently (no doubt that will happen however long you wait, of course, it's always a balancing act).

Steve

I agree :). If you have a global product like this, you'll always have many areas that still need improvement. We will - of course - only release it, if we think it's ready :).

Bernd

Fantastic work on getting all of this taken care of as quickly as possible. Really looking forward to the release. It's nice to be updated with a release date even tho we do understand that it could change depending on the circumstances. Continual support and development is why I choose to do business here.

Hallo Matrix961,

the text did not appear in Post 8! With Pilot's FSGlobel 2010 FTX the airports are on a hill or under the ground! Whats wrong with my installation? Thanks for help! FTX Global and FTX Global Vector installed! (No problems!)

sturzflieger

I should've realized that you can't possibly provide all the roads in the world in one product of this size, but nevertheless I wanted the same ability as I currently have in UTX USA… So I bought vector.

I lost every single one of my state roads here in Kentucky and especially the rural roads near my house, which you TX showed with no problem whatsoever. Unless you have a solution to this I need to talk to somebody about a refund.

I love all the rest of the Orbx products

Chaz

I should've realized that you can't possibly provide all the roads in the world in one product of this size, but nevertheless I wanted the same ability as I currently have in UTX USA… So I bought vector.

I lost every single one of my state roads here in Kentucky and especially the rural roads near my house, which UTX showed with no problem whatsoever.

Unless you have a solution to this I need to talk to somebody about a refund.

Chaz

Well this cockamamie board would not allow me to edit my own entries so here it is again with pictures.

Dewitt, KY 40930

ORBX Vector

post-18216-0-96603100-1392648659_thumb.j

The above was a .GIF file when I uploaded, The board messed it up and re-named it to JPG.

If you download it, rename it to jpg. I think you'll see the animation.

post-18216-0-29033000-1392648952_thumb.j

ORBX Vector

A

------

post-18216-0-29117400-1392648772_thumb.j

UTX-USA

Please Mr. and Ms. Orbx, tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get my roads back in Vector.

Thank you for your wonderful products

Chas

Chas,

editing your posts can only be done within 30 min. of making the last entry.  This prevents people from adding to an old post that may have had an answer to a question in the original post that an edit could change the context etc.

Now as for your VECTOR  issue.  Because the background is so dark and the text so small I can not read the coordinates of the location of Dewitt, KY.  it is not listed in the goto airport screen nor is it in my Rand McNally Road Atlas of KY.  Could you post the coordinates and I'll take a look at what my FSX looks like at that location.

I did a google search and found that Dewitt, KY is an unincoorporated location which is probably the reason it is not listed in FSX.  I used the LAT/LONG to get close to the spot but can not see any airport that resembles the one in your screen shots.  What is the ICAO for the field?

Now as for your VECTOR issue. Because the background is so dark and the text so small I can not read the coordinates of the location of Dewitt, KY. it is not listed in the goto airport screen nor is it in my Rand McNally Road Atlas of KY. Could you post the coordinates and I'll take a look at what my FSX looks like at that location. 1

I did a google search and found that Dewitt, KY is an unincoorporated location which is probably the reason it is not listed in FSX. I used the LAT/LONG to get close to the spot but can not see any airport that resembles the one in your screen shots. What is the ICAO for the field?

...2. can not see any airport that resembles the one in your screen shots. What is the ICAO for the field?

Thanks for your response but,

1.if you double click on the pictures, they will expand so you can see the entire thing.

1a. if you download the picture with Orbx Vector text in it...and rename it as a Gif as I suggested, you can see the difference between Orbx Vector and UTX USA 2 switching back and forth.

2. It is a fictional 2300 ft, airport K69, I built in the west field, so it really doesn't exist unless you download the Carnes farm files from Avsim. You can then include it in your scenery to enjoy.

The point is you can see the surrounding roads which I have enclosed here is a shot from Google earth. UTX-USA shows the roads as seen here in Google earth. Orbx Vector does not .post-18216-0-70359200-1392727916_thumb.j

Chas

Chas,

that explains why the field does not appear in FSX, its not real.  If I'm reading correctly you created the airport to fit into the roads UTX-USA displays.  VECTOR apparently does not show these roads at all.  I know I could not locate a pattern that approximated the roads your showing.  I do not use UTX or any third party addons so I'm afraid this is beyond my knowledge base.  OK developers can you answer Chas' questions?

I lost every single one of my state roads here in Kentucky and especially the rural roads near my house, which you TX showed with no problem whatsoever. Unless you have a solution to this I need to talk to somebody about a refund.

Chaz

Since we will introduce a new layering system for VECTOR (where certain road classes can be enabled or disabled by the user) there is a change that we will include more roads in future updates. However, we made it clear from day one that we will not include all road types in the release version. However, I have added your request to my "request list" so I can consider this in a future update.

Bernd

It's kinda like watching water boil. I've decided to not check on the release date any more to keep what sanity I have left. Rather I'm going to focus on Northern California for now. Lord knows there is enough great stuff to keep me busy.

Then one day the world will be surprised to see vector 1.1 filling up the clouds.

Hi guys,

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Stefan was not aware of the Orbx policy of never announcing release dates, and this is an example of why we don't. I'll make sure he does not raise expectations unnecessarily again :)

Right now 1.1 is in testing and there are still some minor issues to overcome, including some bad vector data in Toronto to be fixed. The good news is that the configuration tool works perfectly and most of the bugs reported by customers have been addressed so we're in good shape.

That is, what i can live with.

Rather a week or more later, but without bugs that never ever heve been failed to see at the end of the beta test like the black rivers and lakes.

Anyway "we" P3d v2.1 users have larger problems though, seems, good beta testers are rare these days (or developer who listen).

No, I would guess it's simply the issue of a significantly smaller market, which gets attention after the ones add on developers have to address first in the hope of getting some small compensation for all their hard-won efforts.

FTX NCA should certainly occupy people's attention significantly long enough for there to be something else to do other than ping here impatiently while Bernd et al are hard at work! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived