FTX Northern California - San Francisco and the Bay Area

Oooohh, those are some amazing shots of fisherman's wharf and the waterfront.

Well, there goes an Aerosoft photo-real scenery product, riding off into the sunset for retirement -- adios.

Maybe I can still keep some of the helipads and the airport and just lose the photo-real backdrop portion. Good problem to have, really. Will be a good topic for the compatibility forums when this thing gets released.

Oh, boy...oh, boy...oh,boy...!!!

Ripcord got it right: my Aerosoft will have to go. ::)

I'm already putting together a flight plan for an Orbx airports trip: West Wind to Harvey Field to Vashon to Wax Orchard to
Bowerman and overfly Portland on the way to Half Moon Bay via the Golden Gate Bridge. A Lancair might just have to be in my future.

Fantastic! Just visited San Francisco last summer (only 1 day though  :-[ ) and looking forward to look at it from above  8)

Can anyone from OrbX or the betatesters confirm compatibility with Flightbeam KSFO?

That is a pertinent question, as I know that Orbx don't want to develop huge international airports anymore (at least that's what I read once). If we have a high quality scenery it would be nice to get a San Francisco airport that is also top quality.

That is a pertinent question, as I know that Orbx don't want to develop huge international airports anymore (at least that's what I read once). If we have a high quality scenery it would be nice to get a San Francisco airport that is also top quality.

Flightbeam KSFO is about as good as one can get, so yes; NorCal compatibility with the FB product is a must.

Flightbeam KSFO is about as good as one can get, so yes; NorCal compatibility with the FB product is a must.

I agree. I know that normally Orbx tries to be compatible with as many platforms as possible. I wouldn't be surprised that KSFO from Flightbeam would fit normally in the new scenery.

Archived