Scar tactics or the flight of the lunatic

dominique

No, no mispelling. This is not scare but Scar as in Scar Creek CBA7. And I needed a lot of tactics. Actually, it was scary too. Lunatic ? Flying low in the muck with the only assistance of the GPS isn't exactly sane. Don't try it at home. Or rather try it, it is fun. Before introducing the 63 shots I took (dont leave, just kidding), let me thank all those at OrbX who crafted these wonderul bush strips. I flew into tens of them and don't get tired of it.Each one presents a different challenge, they are a tough school of good airmanship (airpersonship ?), they are the hidden jewels of the OrbX sceneries.

Now leaving classic OrbX Concrete with the old girl. Toothy but note that she put some lipstick to show in the forum.

1%20copy.jpg

Out of the muck, a splendid landscape. The Twin Sisters, I think.

2%20copy.jpg

Now down to business. Should I turn back and be laughed at at the lounge or dive and pray ?

4%20copy.jpg

Pit stop at Moh Creek. Drunk too much coffee. Of course, the wind was blowing into the wrong direction. I had to fly further up in the valley (trench ?) and double back.

5%20copy.jpg

I don't call that a landing strip. I call that a dogleg. The guy who designed it obviously was a golfer.

6%20copy.jpg

Alive and well.

7%20copy.jpg

Pit stop over, gotta go now.

8%20copy.jpg

Entering the Homathko river estuary

9%20copy.jpg

Extremely nice, EXCEPT...

9a%20copy.jpg

... that the snow began to fall and I had to double back again to, add insult to injury, land towards the sun. Be spending the night there, nice bungalows.

11%20copy.jpg

Thanks ! One good thing at Moh Creek is that the trees are not too close to the threshold :) which always is a difficulty in bush flying specially when the strip is short. But the valley is kinda narrow to turn around...

Archived