Stranded in the Middle of Nowhere - Where am I ? .

BradB

Red and flat, that´s for sure.

I think I remember the tree on the left, but I´m not quite sure. Maybe I need a litlle hint...

The hint is in the title of the post , and to find me you have to be very accurate .

Brad

Brad, no clue what awoke me at 3am - after several weeks with only few postings in the screenshot forum. Must have been the smell of an exceptional question.
I've heard a lot of strange place names but this has to be the strangest: Butt[Bad Word Replaced: JayKae Auto Replace] Nowhere, 15 Midson St, Stafford Queensland 4053, Australia - coordinates: S27.127578° E141.833487°

Even if this were wrong: What a Name!

xlCzU.jpg

:D

Red and flat, that´s for sure.

I think I remember the tree on the left, but I´m not quite sure. Maybe I need a litlle hint...

Well being that its red as in OZ and middle is in title and they call alice springs area the red center and center kinda means middle I guess Alice the alice   Alice springs ?

Going purely by the hints - Connellan? (Although it's much redder, and no bushes, on my computer)

I'm not good at those, possibly be better when I finally get New Zealand and Australia... ;D

Brad, no clue what awoke me at 3am - after several weeks with only few postings in the screenshot forum. Must have been the smell of an exceptional question.

I've heard a lot of strange place names but this has to be the strangest: Butt[bad Word Replaced: JayKae Auto Replace] Nowhere, 15 Midson St, Stafford Queensland 4053, Australia - coordinates: S27.127578° E141.833487°

Even if this were wrong: What a Name!

xlCzU.jpg

:D

Try entering that location into your GPS . :lol: :lol:

Precision Gorge? Or SFA Valley?

Another try: Has this something to do with the Mildura incident and you stranded 70 kms away in the Murray Sunset National Park instead of reaching Mildura Airport - misleaded by your GPS?

I had never heard of this one ? .

Thanks all of you for playing "Where am I" . To be continued ...

Brad

Brad, have a look at this story:

http://futurehandling.com/2012/12/10/apple-map-app-misleads-drivers-to-the-middle-of-nowhere-australians-in-panic/

Always best keeping a good old folding map and a compass with you ... :)

Great stories & infos found here. Let us see how many of us will check these places in simulation... 8)

Archived