Please could you have FTX Central show available patches and scenery

HansRoaming

As your product base grows it gets harder and harder to keep up with patches and scenery that is available and not installed.

Please could you have FTX Central show what's available and not installed for both patches and new scenery products, would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Iain

For FTX Central to report what you do not have installed would require an update every time a new patch or scenery was released.  Of course you could always add an update check for FTX Central every time you ran it but if you do not change regions then you would never run the program.  I think wanting eveything done for us with no effort on our part is asking a bit much from ORBX.  Come on people take some responsiblity for keeping your ORBX world up to date.

Central already gives you a report of everything you have installed which is very easy to use to acertain if you have all patches etc. by comparing the report against the support section of the site.

For FTX Central to report what you do not have installed would require an update every time a new patch or scenery was released.  Of course you could always add an update check for FTX Central every time you ran it but if you do not change regions then you would never run the program.  I think wanting eveything done for us with no effort on our part is asking a bit much from ORBX.  Come on people take some responsiblity for keeping your ORBX world up to date.

Central already gives you a report of everything you have installed which is very easy to use to acertain if you have all patches etc. by comparing the report against the support section of the site.

Hi,

It may be easier to follow updates if they were kept in order by the actual date. I find that I have to constantly scroll thru the updates to be sure I have them all because of random dates.

Unless there is a reason they are not in order which I may be missing.

Some of Todays Dates for Example:

dec 3

dec 5

nov 14

nov 24

sept 12

sept 19

oct 9

oct 28

sept 29

nov 5

etc.

Larry

It's a web service call on startup, make it RESTful and it's a web page request that can be fulfilled by a simple static page if need be.Don't really need an auto download and update just something to keep track of patches and scenery that a user doesn't have installed, patches is a nice user experience value add and the app store like scenery tracking enhances the overall Orbx product proposition. Especially if it showcased freeware that was designed to work with Orbx packages i.e. a halo effect.For external examples:Apple App StoreSteamDCS WorldPMDG Operations Centre

I would rather see an update reminder jfor the region or airport that I have installed, rather than some sales pitch of what is available.  Not sure why I would want a reminder of what I have not yet purchased. That would be like an email that you might wish to unsubscribe to LOL

Bob

I would rather see an update reminder jfor the region or airport that I have installed, rather than some sales pitch of what is available.  Not sure why I would want a reminder of what I have not yet purchased. That would be like an email that you might wish to unsubscribe to LOL

Bob

If I have one of my famous 'brain farts' and can't remember if  a patch is already installed I just start FTX Central click on Tools, Reports, FTX Products Installed and every region, airport, patch, mesh, LC etc. I have in my FSX is listed plain as day.  I can compare what I already have with the ORBX support page listings in less than 60 seconds.  If there is a patch for a particular airport/region that is not listed in my report I simply download and install what I need.  Can't get much simpler than that. :banghead:

For me, patch updates are just a small part of the problem.  I visit this forum daily and try to read the posts that catch my eye and avoid those that do not--including patch updates, P3Dv1 and P3Dv2, problems with installation of software, etc.  It becomes overwhelming for me to try and read it all, particularly when I try to grasp varied opinion about one subject or another.  I hope to see in the future some procedural posts for each type of software/scenery, including patches (in order or dated) that do not allow replies by members.  This would provide a reference source for the products with step by step instructions on "how to" without discussion or comments of others, thus keep it a "clean" and easy instructional read. [sort of a scenery manual on the forum type of thing...if this makes sense]

For me, patch updates are just a small part of the problem.  I visit this forum daily and try to read the posts that catch my eye and avoid those that do not--including patch updates, P3Dv1 and P3Dv2, problems with installation of software, etc.  It becomes overwhelming for me to try and read it all, particularly when I try to grasp varied opinion about one subject or another.  I hope to see in the future some procedural posts for each type of software/scenery, including patches (in order or dated) that do not allow replies by members.  This would provide a reference source for the products with step by step instructions on "how to" without discussion or comments of others, thus keep it a "clean" and easy instructional read. [sort of a scenery manual on the forum type of thing...if this makes sense]

Just perfect! It was like reading my thoughts! :)

JV mentioned something of it nearly a year ago pertaining to FTX Global specifically, but I have yet to see anything new on the matter.

"We will also invest in code that allows you to auto-update FTX Global or as a mimum alert you to new content and patches"

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/52819-orbx-announces-ftx-global-to-be-released-in-2013/

+1

Most software has some kind of update service included these days. For those with a lot of ORBX scenery installing, resintalling and patching it all is becoming overwhelming.

You got it, thanks to the sales I now own every Orbx scenery both payware and freeware they've ever produced, took a while to check what's installed and what patches are available, being able to CTRL F and search on the patch page for the airport would be good.

Archived