some Pennsylvania mountains and OPUS 'clear'

sightseer

Here are some shots showing some of the mountains between Pittsburgh and Middle State PA and also KHMZ and Williamsport PA.

To me they look like waves or ripples in some giant rock pond. The Rockies don't do that that Ive ever seen.

also in all of these shots but the first is what I get when I select my default clear weather theme after installing OPUS. I personally love it. I made a post in the General forum and I think some people think Im complaining or want it 'fixed' which I don't. anyway...pics:

lm7FD.jpg

pSVKM.jpg

ux6t9.jpg

dbqwK.jpg

bgkA.jpg

VJivj.jpg

sJcya.jpg

Thanks for looking. This is Global using an old landclass file. Can you imagine how good this part of the US could look if it were a full fat region? /salesman off :)

HI everyone - Thanks for the comments.

Frank - There's a lot to love about the eastern US. A good mesh can really bring out some unique features that don't exist many other places - like the ripples - I've only seen that in one small part of the Australian desert.

Today I flew from Rockwood Municipal to 1A6 Middlesboro. I had never been there but it looks like something Orbx would love to touch up a bit.

Marvellous set Dave! Btw I noticed these "ripples" in West Virginia too - they seem to be geological characteristics of the Appalachian Mountains.

Archived