New Yoke & Throttle

paddler

For years I have been using Saitek products and have been happy enough with them. I have been considering upgrading these. Lately I have been less than satisfied with the responsiveness, particularly with the spikes in throttle response. I do use FSUIPC. I am prepared to spend more $ for these items. I usually fly GA, particularly bush planes so want products that are easily set to work with products from a variety of companies. Any advice and comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Padder, I don't think you can do better than a Thrustmaster Hotas Throttle set and a GoFlight Yoke

see http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/hotas-warthog and you get a free joystick.

plus http://www.goflightinc.com/collections/systems/products/gf-pro-yoke-system

The Warthog throttle has heaps of switches and sliders you can use and can make extremely fine adjustments to engine revs.

Ken

Wow that GoFlight yoke is a beautiful piece of work. If I win the lottery, I'll come back here for the link ;D .

I am looking for a yoke too, and lean towards one of the CH products since I currently run the Combatstick and Pro Throttle. I've never owned a more sturdy, precise controller. Check the reviews. Most people say the same.

I have been eyeballing the Saitek Cessna Bundle as well, but fear disappointed in the quality. Wish there was a place to demo all of this wonderful sim hardware. Fortunately,  Amazon has a no-hassle return policy.

Paddler I recommend to check with PFC they haave quiet good throttles,

http://flypfc.com/?/products/consoles/throttle-quadrant-console1/

Hi Rick, I agree 100% with Holi. I use them and don't think that you can better them for GA flying. Not only do they look great, they are great. They feel so good that they make those plastic controls feel like toys. Most importantly their operation is very smooth and accurate. As you can guess I am a very big fan.

When I was doing my research on the new controls I wanted, I read that they were approved by the FAA for flight training.

Well, I would be surprised if the PFC gear wasn't better. Their cheapest yoke is $620, a single engine (Throttle+Prop+Mixture) quadrant from them is $325. The Saitek yoke *plus* three axis throttle quadrant is $120...

Certainly if you have the money to spend it's a great choice.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I must admit that I was hoping to find something less expensive than the high end models. Something between SAITEK/CH and FlyFPC. I do have to say that I am very impressed with the FPC equipment but am concerned at the overall cost of things if I have to ship from Australia to Canada. I have sent them an email to see if they have a North American distributor, but from what I can see now that is not the case. If anyone from Canada or the US has FPC I would appreciate hearing from you on the final cost of shipping etc. For now I will take at look at my priorities for hardware replacement and have to go piece by piece. First priority will probably be a new video card to look at going over to P3D V2 when it comes out. Then probably a PFC Throttle Quadrant Console and Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture model # MEl6-TPM. Finally I would like the Cirrus SAAB Yoke with the hall sensor option. Eventually I would like to get the Thrustmaster Wharthog HOTAS. Always nice to have a long term plan!

For Christmas I showed my wife my real want, the C2 Professional Flight Console https://flypfc.com/?/products/consoles/c2-professional-desktop-console/  (with all options of course and mounted on a motion platform with 180 degree projection). She is having me committed at the end of the week! 

I look forward to any more thoughts and information.

I must admit that I was hoping to find something less expensive than the high end models. Something between SAITEK/CH and FlyFPC.

Have you looked at the VRInsight Flight Master yoke?

I looked at their Cessna yoke, Yikes = Yoke = $$

I wonder why the Cessna yoke is so much more expensive, as the others seem to have the same mechanism. From their description, I wonder if it that the yoke handle is an actual Cessna product and as such represent most of the cost. The Mooney yoke ($620) seems more affordable!

Archived