Global flight legs 65-67 Bering Sea Gold

ShawnG

Still cranking.  will post shots from the Anchorage and Juneau legs I flew shortly as well.  this trio of sets covers flights from Petropavlovsk to Attu to Dutch Harbor to Unalakleet.  two of these locations are well known from the world of reality TV, and I wanted to pay some homage to the two shows that I've enjoyed over the years.  Deadliest Catch and Flying Wild Alaska.  scenery is ftxG of course,  over UTX Alaska,  freeware scenery for unalakleet (If you look closely you can see the green hangar, and Jim Tweto's 180 in one of the shots)  Attu and Dutch Harbor are just default UTX Alaska airports,  Thanks to the USCG for allowing a landing at their outpost on Attu!

Leg 65 Petropavlovsk to Casco Cove USCG, Attu, Alaska

JFHVX.jpg

GMUrt.jpg

7Vpw.jpg

PyS4c.jpg

plxki.jpg

qHSlC.jpg

B2aXA.jpg

Leg 66 Attu to Unalaska

FZwYj.jpg

qw1Nd.jpg

U9Px7.jpg

sU2x7.jpg

2k10h.jpg

LCUcl.jpg

Leg 67 PADU to Unalakleet

uJaRC.jpg

2cXSC.jpg

2Th9L.jpg

7XTyG.jpg

ckKwr.jpg

pfho7.jpg

ENakc.jpg

K8JkT.jpg

I9HLW.jpg

6qUf.jpg

Great shots!

By coincident I have installed a (the?) freeware PAUN (and the patch for the surroundings) this morning!

On my system, however, there is forest all around the runway. There are the wind mills on the hill but no village... :-

I have Ultimate Alaska as well (but not FTXG - waiting for Orbx-WAK [aka: western Alaska]).

And the Era-Alaska planes: Do they come with an AI-package (I use Traffic360) or are the static?

Great shots!

By coincident I have installed a (the?) freeware PAUN (and the patch for the surroundings) this morning!

On my system, however, there is forest all around the runway. There are the wind mills on the hill but no village... :-

I have Ultimate Alaska as well (but not FTXG - waiting for Orbx-WAK [aka: western Alaska]).

And the Era-Alaska planes: Do they come with an AI-package (I use Traffic360) or are the static?

the PAUN I have is this one: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=158923  there are two different PAUN sceneries out there.  the Town of Unalakleet isn't from the airport,  but is the vector buildings option from UTX Alaska, so make sure that part of UTX is active if you want to see the town.

the ERA 1900's are from MyTraffic 5.4.  the GA craft are statics with the airport.

Thanks for posting!

the PAUN I have is this one: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=158923  there are two different PAUN sceneries out there.  the Town of Unalakleet isn't from the airport,  but is the vector buildings option from UTX Alaska, so make sure that part of UTX is active if you want to see the town.

the ERA 1900's are from MyTraffic 5.4.  the GA craft are statics with the airport.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks, Shawn, I think I have to play around with Ultimate Alaska (I believe that I turned it of to avoide mesh issues in SAK...).

Regarding the 1900 I will wait and see if Traffic360 has them in its schedule.

And finally: I have the PAUN scenery from the virtual Era Airline.

Archived