FTX NA BLUE PACIFIC NORTHWEST - FIRST SHOTS!

Welcome to FTX North America!

The majestic volcanic peaks of the North Cascades ranges will be presented in fully seasonal colour-corrected 1m orthoimagery photoreal above the treelines. All glaciers, rocks, lava flows, ravines, and, in the case of Mt. Saint Helens, the pyroclastic flow, will be photoreal.

Get ready for the FTX region which will redefine what 'beautiful' means, particularly at tree-top height, low and slow like real bush flyers do it :)

This is another christmas gift to you all, and we'll begin to reveal the full landscapes in the new year. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Merry Christmas everyone!  ;)

Amazing, those are outrageously good...  :D  Stunning even.  The boundary between FTX NA and FSX default will be even more stark than what we experience with the boundary between AUBlue and and the Non AURed, AURed.

Cheers and thanks for posting,

It's funny you post these screenshots today because earlier I was thinking about megasceneryearth. I thought the MSE screen pics looked great on mountains but was less impressive on flat country and I was wondering if there was a way to combine the two. Use PR were it makes a difference and use LC and textures where it doesn't.

Bring it on even if i dont venture out of OZ much i will just buy it to support Orbx. Looks stunning though. Sorry Megascenery Earth you have just lost my vote. Hang on they never had my vote. Oh well wheres my beer

Shane

Hi guys,

glad to hear you like the previews. More to come in the New Year.

I just wanted to point out two small "issues" with our previews. One is that the captions for Mount Baker are misspelled Mount Barker and the other is that our current base mesh files don't yet include the more recent airborne laser elevation data for Mount Saint Helens, meaning the steadily growing dome in the crater's center - see http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/ - isn't visible in my preview shot.

The source imagery for the mountains are 1-m resolution airphoto mosaics of the National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP). I believe MegaSceneryEarth uses the same images but they are challenged by the fact that they are covering entire states, which pretty much precludes detailed color corrections let alone seasonal variants. For example, my raw image subset for Mt Rainier alone is >2GB (the final FSX scenery file is much smaller) just about the upper limit of what Photoshop can handle for image processing without driving one nuts waiting for file caching to keep up.

Merry Christmas all!

Cheers, Holger

LOL   Never caught the "Barker" slip.  Funny stuff.  Hey Holger, seems as if you have hit a nerve with these shots.   ;D  I STILL stand by my prediction that PNW will be ORBX best seller. Mark my words.   ;)

LOL   Never caught the "Barker" slip.  Funny stuff.  Hey Holger, seems as if you have hit a nerve with these shots.   ;D  I STILL stand by my prediction that PNW will be ORBX best seller. Mark my words.   ;)

Yep, I agree, PNW will probably be a best seller ;D!

I assume you guys are going to make it so good that we can fly a bellyflopper around the rim of the volcana like in the videos on the St Helens website and it will look almost identical, and also, i would love to see spirit lake look like it really does with the tree debris all through it.

Wow :o, this is going to be great, can't wait to see more shots as you develop the various new textures. Any idea  how large the coverage area will be and will you be including the "dry side" for those of us that live in central/eastern Washington and Oregon?

Hi Al,

our PNW coverage area is shown in this thread: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7117.0

The dry parts of the Pacific Northwest will have to be a different FT package for the same reason we split Australia into four parts: climate. As you know the landscapes of eastern Washington and Oregon (as well as the dry interior of BC) look very different from the wet side of the Cascade Ranges and thus require an entirely different set of ground textures.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger, missed that thread. Understand the texture issue and figured that might be the case but I was hoping :'(. Huge coverage area though, guess I'll have to dig out my webbed feet and go over to the "wet side" :D.  Looking forward to when this goes up for pre-sale, I use most of the sceneries you put out for FS9 so I know this'll be great.

Archived