Best VFR aircraft for exploring ORBX beautiful scenery?

Republic3D

I recomend the Turbine Duke or Legacy from RealAir. Can´t say anything about the B60 V2 as I don´t own it.

I have them both, but as some say the views on the Turbine Duke are a bit limited but you can always sit in the back and watch from a side window. Apart from this the avionics and flight model are very good on everything RealAir makes which is why I also own them. I really like the Turbine Duke and it´s speed. The Legacy takes a bit to climb but has excelent view with that bubble windshield.

Although not a fast aircraft, Ant´s Eaglet has GREAT visibility and is very fun to fly. It also has good avionics and flight model.

Apart from these and which I don´t own but the Digital Aviation Cheyenne would be on my list if I didn´t own the Turbine Duke. It has great avionics and flight model too.

You could also consider Flight 1´s Cessna Citation Mustang, it´s a small jet but very complet with a very good G-1000, excelent icing effect´s and overall good avionics and flight model. Could be a bit heavy on FPS on some pc´s.

If you don´t care much for avionics and flight model then you have alot more to choose from, but that´s just my opinión.

Good luck and have fun!

Care,

Mike

Nobody so far as mentioned the new Cirrus SF50 single-engine, low-wing, seven-seat, personal jet from FlightSim Developers. Great on short runways, cruises comfortably in the range of 300 knots, a blast to fly, and finished in very fine detail. Comes with Garmin G-1000 avionics. At $20 US, an absolute steal. 

Most of my payware aircraft are for what I enjoy doing most, VFR. When I'm not wanting to dawdle in my A2A Cub, I have the choice of the RealAir stuff (both Duke's, the Legacy and Spit); Carenado's Skymaster and CT206H and A2As P-51civ.

All wonderful aircraft and good times had, but lately I've been really taken with the Lionheart Quest Kodiak and the Aerosoft Bronco X.

The Kodiak, although not top end in terms of visuals and audio, is an easy aircraft to fly. If you want to just relax whilst being whisked along then the Kodiak is great on land or water. And currently being sold for £14.30 at Just Flight, it's a true bargain. I chose the Kodiak over the Twin Otter and I'm happy I did.

The Bronco, WOW! OK, so not as relaxing to fly as the Kodiak, but when you've got that cockpit view and engine sound who cares?! Outstanding aircraft and fast becoming my all time favourite for general VFR. The Bronco can do anything, at least that's how it makes me feel.

I like the carenado C340 II ...maybe just shy of 200 but a beautiful model inside and out. The night time lighting inside is excellent and the strobes are very true to the real thing. Just another way to get around very nicely. One other a/c I have in that range only faster is the J41 jetstream...a beautiful a/c to fly.

All the best.

Archived