YWVA- WELL DONE!

Xflyboy

You know what hit me in the eyes.. so much detail!! so real, and not autogen.. most of the industrial stuff looks like it was done from photos..... the best I have seen so far, and best of all, I am getting acceptable framerates.. Magic.. thanks guys. Teecee.

Just a random shot.. how real is this??

Posted Image

Well then ive had a good couple of hours now flying around and the only thing i can say is very well done indeed team its Fantastic i know i havent scene everything yet but tomorow is another day and more time to explore. But so far it looks great you have done us proud once again also thanks to Adrian at the FSS another faultless download and install as usual, Yet again it shows why you guys are at the fore front in my eyes anyway in the FSX world. Good luck team with this project and i now look forward to the next installment of our fantastic FTX world from you.

cheers

Iain.

Thank you,  nice and worth the money.  now to get back to it.                                                                                     

best of all, I am getting acceptable framerates.. Magic..

How is the FPS compared to Coffs Harbour?

Im getting about 12 - 17 FPS at YWVA. I don't have Coffs but I think this may be a little low when running extremely dense setting. If I set to dense I get around 18 FPS. Still a little low for my liking - a bit jerky on final. Good job though boys, I will have to play around with my settings.

By the way my DC3 parked at YWVA has no gear. Just sitting in the air. Any idea what might be causing this.

No idea to be honest. It's actually an AI model which we have sitting there with its custom traffic file to keep it static. I've never seen it with its gear up. Try setting your AI slide to 50%, exiting FSX, then reloading the flight.

Good to hear you're getting nice FPS now. As I mentioned in the guide, setting to Dense or Normal and reduce water fx to 2.x low can make a lot of difference here. There are a LOT of autogen and custom objects in the scenery, so it's good to tune each scenery we make to run well. The nature of FSX is that not one scenery area will ever perform the same as another.

Guest Aussieman

Started my download this morning and left it running while I went to Sydney and when I got home tonight discovered I had a corrupt download. Re-downloading again just hope the link doesn't die before I am finished.

Cheers

Pat

Make sure you have DX10 preview mode off Greg.

John, Running Xp SP3 not Vista. So I have Direct X 9. Don't worry about it.....It's a minor thing realy and will wait if you put out a patch at some point to remove the DC3 now that its not realy there. Realy enjoy flying in this scenery.

Thanks

Do you have any of the Ant field packages installed ? as there is a Warnervale included as well, that can be the culprit of issues you are having, just double check that ;)

Thanks Wolter. I did have the Ant files installed but removed them before installing Orbx YWVL. There were only 7 files to remove. I will check the files again and maybe just remove the Ants directory to see if that makes any difference.

Archived