Every effect I can throw at it!

StormVR6

I can make FSX images look bloody amazing with a bit of PS work, but for ages I've wanted to actually fly within such striking visuals. Here are a few stock and modded pictures of my current FSX experience. Using my own configurations - an incorporation of HDR, bloom, depth of field, gamma adjustments, sharpness control and many others - I've got to a point that makes my flying experience so much more enthralling. It's basically a combination of ENB, SweetFX and Shade, but the correct permutations that are required to work well in all weather, at all times of the day and all seasons of the year have taken longer than I care to remember.

No PS work here, all directly off the 'V' key.  

n0atl.jpg

iVR7B.jpg

QZ4cX.jpg

wz3Z4.jpg

yUXgR.jpg

Jpil.jpg

Interesting comparisons. I'd go for the unaltered screens, though...

Cheers

Mallard

Yeah, maybe you're right. I do have a tendency of going too far with things like this. It does make for some magical flights, though.  

Yeah, maybe you're right. I do have a tendency of going too far with things like this. It does make for some magical flights, though.

+1

I can see it adds something new to the experience (in real time) - but I'm with Mallard on this one! ;) As with regular photography, I seem to prefer the unusual but well composed and lit shots to ones that use in-camera or Photoshop filters excessively, but that's just me!

I think there *are* situations where a little tweaking not only adds a little drama but can actually enhance the illusion of reality but, as soon as I notice the effect, it destroys that illusion for me. In one of my past lives I was a film editor and got thoroughly tired of many feature films/movies using a common orange to blue glass filter to add "drama" to skies. Once you notice it, it becomes unbearable.

But hey! We all like different things! The beauty of it all is that even though they're only simple "comparison" shots, they're still marvellous to look at - all four of them!

Adam.

Great shots!

Getting the best "look" into FSX is a challenging demand - but can really be worth it.

And as pointed out a bit above by Adam:

We are all different and so is the world!

Personally I like both - the "upgraded" and "not upgraded" shots very much!

Depending on my mood i'd maybe one day use this and the other day that setting so to speak.

Good to have choices!

Archived