Any Updates on Queenstown?

cabnz

I fully agree, with Ripcord. 

I have to add that i havent (obvious) seen ORBX sale numbers for FTX Global or many reviews, in the

Community yet (wierd eh?), so its difficult to "judge" here. :wacko:

Personly i just brought NZMF, because as Ripcord say: where to go after takeoff? ???  

Of course there is some "Free" airstrips and airports in the region/s but it is the FullFat regions with

the whole Shebang (read Airports), "ORBX members" will have, nothing less.

Of cause if it bring you all to the Beggarstick, its another story, and we cant let that happend. 8)

Still i hope you (ORBX) can work something out with a lokal Artist, if  its necessary.

Kind regards

Henrik

JK, you might contact this guy to do some work for ORBX.  Maybe he can put some of his existing work up on your site as FTX region 'freeware' and create a little more traffic that way to your site -- while he works on his first payware project.  I downloaded it but in the process of installing it still -- but the photos look pretty impressive.

As a business we follow a simple rule; sell products to your largest customer base. In this case our largest customer base is the USA which is why we focus so much attention on NA. The second largest customer group is Germany but strangely enough Germans prefer to fly in the USA and Scandinavia for the most part (something to do with mountains perhaps?).

Could also have to do with the fact that there is no FTX Germany so far :-) . I as a German mainly fly in the USA and Australia indeed at the moment, of course also in the UK and NZ as well as in some locations in the Caribbean and South America. It simply has to do with the fact that I've flown in Germany or generally in Europe for so many years (Aerosoft has been offering high quality airports for a very long time there) that I'm simply sick of flying there again. You simply want to fly in regions that haven't been covered very well in the earlier FS times. Furthermore you want to see something new, something more "exotic" than your home from above. Flying over Germany is something I could do in reality from time to time (not myself, but with a friend), so it's not that interesting to do that in FSX again.

Sad NZ sells so bad. I love Milford Sound and would really have loved to see some more airports there. Just waiting for Queenstown now. Fortunately there are some good Airports by other developers most of which seem to be compatible with FTX NZ.

JK, you might contact this guy to do some work for ORBX.  Maybe he can put some of his existing work up on your site as FTX region 'freeware' and create a little more traffic that way to your site -- while he works on his first payware project.  I downloaded it but in the process of installing it still -- but the photos look pretty impressive.

Mike is already on the team, creating NZAA Auckland

Mike is already on the team, creating NZAA Auckland

Not surprised, and glad to hear it.

Maybe you guys can list his previous work as freeware -- perhaps with a litte touching up here and there using ORBX libaries.  Will look good on the ORBX site and help drive sales.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

: I was just about to look into it. Did they have a mirror somewhere or are they planning to come back? Maybe just moving the site, no?

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

You could try asking Michael Andrews on this forum. He made them. 

Archived