Glenswinton Strip.

VH-KDK

Another of the strips in Dumfries and Galloway. A very nice undulating airstrip.

1.eViE.jpg

Approaching from the south with Loch Roan to the right and Loch Ken on the left.

2.rEP1.jpg

Found it.

3.JsLD3.jpg

A busy day here at Glenswinton.

4.4das1.jpg

Taking off over the trees.

Nice screens. I really love the texture work OrbX has done with Scotland. I was looking at some of the villages in Google earth while writing down the airstrips I want to visit and many fields and farmers lands look on average almost identical appearance wise within FSX from the air.

Wonderful shots Martyn , very nice scenery and great plane!!!

These are really great captures , your sky and detail are spot on . Well done Martyn .

Brad

Nice screens. I really love the texture work OrbX has done with Scotland. I was looking at some of the villages in Google earth while writing down the airstrips I want to visit and many fields and farmers lands look on average almost identical appearance wise within FSX from the air.

Well spotted, lots to explore up there...

Pretty hard to see some of these little strips, good job in spotting it !!

Well done, keep it up !!

Going to have to do some more exploring!  Thanks for those shots!

Nice one mate.

cheers

Iain

Thank you all for the kind comments. Most enjoyable searching out these strips with help from Google Earth and the SCO KMZ file.

Fantastic set of shots Martyn, looks like your having fun !!

Adam

Thanks Adam. I usually choose a big bit of concrete as my landings can be somewhat hairy, but I am enjoying finding the strips and then putting down in a confined space.

Archived