AU RED - 19 new texture screenshots

yea, thanks for posting, already pre-ordered AU RED, will be nice when all of AU is done, will make for some nice long flights/tours.  Will have to setup some with Dave again, and do a complete tour.

I believe AU Green has some 'red' textures in it. From memory they are very red.

AU Red is covered in 'red' textures, though they seem to be a more muted, orangey red which everyone seems to agree is the most all round accurate colour.

Is there going to need to be some adjustments made to the AU Green textures via a hotfix/service pack to make them similar looking? Or is my memory off.  ;)

Just when you think that things can't get better anymore, there are more news from ORBX  ;D

Great work John and team, those textures look fantastic!

One question from someone who has not been to Australia in real life:

Those very red textures we saw in the first beta screenshots, will they be used in the final release of RED?

Are there areas where the textures look like that, or is the colour of the new textures just the more realistic rendition of the colours of the outback?

Those very red textures we saw in the first beta screenshots, will they be used in the final release of RED?

Are there areas where the textures look like that, or is the colour of the new textures just the more realistic rendition of the colours of the outback?

We will have a small subset of very deep red textures like the originals, yes - but to be honest the early alpha shots were just plain wrong. As we researched the area we found that there a lot more orange, browns and greens in the centre and the deeper reds are more an effect of the time of day and light, rather than the actual colour of the soil.  You will find an amazing variety of colours can be achieved in this region simply by choosing various sunrise, sunset and sky colours from an environment package like REX/FEX/ASX.

These new texture sets are looking very realistic now - I was a little concerned with the earliest vibrant reds, but these shots, and your comments re the lighting effects etc indicate that AU RED will be spectacularly realistic.

Great work guys, it will  complete the AU FTX textures in great style.

Cheers.

Wow, these are looking really good, with #6 being my favorite! I am SO looking forward to this...

One (very small) point: In #5 you see the textures of the plains extend over the ridges, that would not so in real life as these ridges will be of different material, harder rocks.

Of course, in the great sandy desert, all the ridges are made of sand, so there you'd expect the rocky textures in the flat areas (if at all), and the ridges to consist of the more sandy textures.

But once again, these look just fantastic!

jankees

We will have a small subset of very deep red textures like the originals, yes - but to be honest the early alpha shots were just plain wrong. As we researched the area we found that there a lot more orange, browns and greens in the centre and the deeper reds are more an effect of the time of day and light, rather than the actual colour of the soil.  You will find an amazing variety of colours can be achieved in this region simply by choosing various sunrise, sunset and sky colours from an environment package like REX/FEX/ASX.

Thanks John for clearing that up :D

You know, it's really FTX that has got me hooked to sim-flying in Australia.

Coming from Germany it's quite hard to imagine the variety of colours and landscapes you've got over there.

Looking very much forward to red  8)

Thanks John for clearing that up :D

You know, it's really FTX that has got me hooked to sim-flying in Australia.

Coming from Germany it's quite hard to imagine the variety of colours and landscapes you've got over there.

Alex and the beauty of the Orbx product, especially after AURed is released is that the transitions from one region to another is so seamless, so much so that after quite a distance you start to see the new textures emerge and then realise that you have entered into a new region... No more goofy abrupt changes from one landclass to another.

Cheers,

Are you sure you blokes are not supplying NASA with their Mars photos?

These look awesome.........so realastic.

You are going to hurt the tourist industry, people don't need to come down to oz now all the need to do

is fire up FSX + FTX. :)

Paul

Archived