Need your advice about the Birddog

Just Fly

Hi there!

I mostly fly GA bush planes, and I'm looking for a new plane to continue to explore PFJ and PNW (and perhaps SAK in near future ::) ). I was thinking about getting Sibwings' Birddog. After seeing some screenshots, I'm not sure though. It seems to me that the VC lacks detail (blurry textures?) and that the external model is a bit simple. These are only impressions, though, and that's why I'm asking you folks if it's worth the money.

What do you think about this plane?

Thanks in anticipation,

Just Fly

After seeing some screenshots, I'm not sure though. It seems to me that the VC lacks detail (blurry textures?) and that the external model is a bit simple. These are only impressions, though, and that's why I'm asking you folks if it's worth the money.

What do you think about this plane?

Thanks in anticipation,

Just Fly

Uhm... blurry? Lacking detail? Simple? I suspect you only saw lowres pics of it. The plane is absolutely detailed and crisp like any of Sibwings birds. Being a military observation plane it's highly motorized (other than cub or C152 of the same size) and has a very good view from the (crisp and detailed) cockpit. You can explore the landscape with 130 kts all the way down to 60 kts. Also, it comes with skis and pontoons as well. In short, a wonderful plane for PNW PFJ TFJ SAK. I use it very often.

My advice: absolutely go for it!

OK, thank you, chaps!

I had doubts about it, probably because I saw pics only from the initial release. I had the impression it was an a bit outdated, low poly-model. For example I saw this:

rMy1Z.jpg

78jDx.jpg

See the throttle lever? And the low-res texture on the "box" it's attached to? Or the low-res instrument? That's what I was referring to. I guess I'm spoilt by the HD airports and planes ORBX offers us!

That being said, I know there's a major update that's been released in 2011, so they may have fixed that in the meantime without updating the screenshots. Of course, I'm not trying to be mean or to show all its flaws, I'd just like to know if you've experienced what can be seen above. It catched my eye, because I had a very positive impression at first thanks to Youtube videos, and I was surprised to see these litte details.

And I'll sure be grabbing the AN-2, it looks amazingly stunning (can you say that? ::) )!

By the way, does anybody know where I can find this VC HD repaint: http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=685&start=100#p5590

If I can find it, I sure won't be hesitating anymore!

despite the fact I rarely fly the birddog, I think it has one of the most beautiful 3d cockpits I own.  I have no doubts that if you zoom way in like those shots, that some of the textures are a little blurry.  I don't think it's been "fixed" in other words.  If those pics would keep you from buying this thing, I don't really know what to say, other than I think you would be missing out on a very fine aircraft.

Uhm... blurry? Lacking detail? Simple? I suspect you only saw lowres pics of it. The plane is absolutely detailed and crisp like any of Sibwings birds. Being a military observation plane it's highly motorized (other than cub or C152 of the same size) and has a very good view from the (crisp and detailed) cockpit. You can explore the landscape with 130 kts all the way down to 60 kts. Also, it comes with skis and pontoons as well. In short, a wonderful plane for PNW PFJ TFJ SAK. I use it very often.

My advice: absolutely go for it!

Vora, same size as a C152 or Cub?

You are mistaken. It is way bigger and has more engine than those two. It has a 200hp Continental and weighs 1600 lbs, compared with the Cub (65hp and 700 lbs, the Super Cub at 150hp and 930 lbs, and the Cessna 152 at 110hp, 1100 lbs)

The Sibwings BirdDog is excellent (after they fixed the air model in the patch).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bought it, and I have to say, chaps, what a treat! It's definitely one of the most beautiful, realistic planes I have ever flown in FSX! Those pics on their product page really don't make it justice, it's so much better than that!

igcZl.jpg

Finally bought it, and I have to say, chaps, what a treat! It's definitely one of the most beautiful, realistic planes I have ever flown in FSX! Those pics on their product page really don't make it justice, it's so much better than that!

See, we all told ya. Now you need to do yourself a favout and get the Antonov ;)

Im also sold and/ or brought .

After i brought the AN-2 and also read this thread, i also must have this plane for my Hanger.

The Forum is also great and the developers is also very quick to correct items/problems or respond when necessary.(there is also updates for AN-2).

LOVE Firms, that appreciate the costumers meanings and thourgths. Some of the BIG Firms dont, thats there problem, i would never spend i Dime again, on those Firms. I think you know who. ::)

Kind regards

Henrik

Archived