"GB Week" promotion! Save £ € $ off UK series!

John Venema

Hello all,

The GB WEEK! promotion has commenced for this week leading to the release of FTX EU SCO Scotland.

exY5U.png

With that region completing Orbx's coverage of Great Britain before we turn our attention to Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic, we want to celebrate the ability to fly from Land's End to John O Groats in one contiguous FTX region set.

Also because Orbx's prices are indexed to the AU Dollar, it has taken a battering in currency markets in the past month so these incentives make the new prices even more affordable for £ and € and US$ buyers.

Effective as soon as Adrian wakes up and adjusts the FSS prices, here is the promotion:

1. The price of FTX EU England and FTX EU Wales will be *permanently* cut by 20% from AU$40.95 to AU$32.95 (£19.75 / €23.19 / USD30.47 )

2. The price of all UK currently released airfields will be *permanently* cut by 25% from AU$32.95 to AU$24.95 (£14.96 / €17.56 / USD23.07)

3. Any customer who purchases *both* ENG and WLS will get *15% OFF* FTX EU SCO Scotland for AU$34.80 ( £20.86 / €24.49 / USD32.18) for a LIMITED TIME until July 7th

We also hope to make a very exciting announcement about the next EU region after Northern Ireland and Ireland are released, so stay tuned!

I'm new around these parts so I may have gotten the wrong impression. Is there to be a full Orbx treatment for the island of Ireland? I thought it was just going to be part of the FTX Global release.

Does the 15% on Scotland apply to previous purchases of ENG and WLS, or just during this week?

Wondered the same about SCOTLAND discount as also paid full price for ENG & WALES on Day1 of their respective releases...Anyone know? If it does apply, I'm in and will get it as a birthday present to myself on July 2nd, or perhaps an early birthday present even :smile: .

The new EU news sounds seriously, seriously exciting...can't take the suspense!

The above news in general certainly makes me see things differently and feels more sensible and worthwhile to get some of the quite small UK airports plus makes it easier to speed up things with being able to catch up and add more UK add-ons and airports more frequently in support of Orbx's commitment to the UK. Do look forward more so to airports like Southampton International and the upcoming Shetland island one though. Don't even need to think about those for the home country add-ons...very, very useable Day 1 purchases for me. Thanks in advance! Await news.

Regards,

Sid

John,

Can you tell us what you won't be modeling, in terms of the U.K.? You've said the Isle of Man, what about the channel islands and western isles? I just want to know if I should wait, or go ahead and get Earth Simulation versions of those areas. Thanks.

It will be automatically deducted from your SCO purchase at checkout time at FSS.

Thanks for letting us know John. Would have been getting this anyway to complete GB but this just sweetens the motivation to make it an all 3 GB nations Day 1 purchase...Early birthday present it is...

Think I'll also pick one of the UK airfields/airports up at the same time while I'm at FSS. The only question remains is, which one?! Hmmm...think perhaps I'd better take another look at them...Dilemma is Russ White's texture resolution wizardry or a scenic surrounding area/approach first? Choices, choices... :unsure: .

But more seriously, thanks for laying the cards on the table to make all the prioritising & immediate decision-making go more smoothly and quickly for us...Exemplary ORBX yet again. Wish a lot of other developers could learn a thing or two from you guys! Looking forward to the weekend in Scotland! ::). Hope you guys have a good one too!

Thank you,

Sid

Yeah let's celebrate, I'm so happy and I can't wait for Scotland scenery....... I'm looking every hour if it released by pressing F5 ^-^

Cause I've got buying Eng/Wal at the first day and now I spare money....let's celebrate...

by the way Irland and northern California would be another must have....for me *smile* 8)

I will spend my holidays this year in a roundtrip in Northern California.

But now Scotland to fly the trip of the last year!!!

THX ORBX CREW

I haven't previously bought any of the English Airports, since they are all grouped down in the South.

I registered, some time ago, for the Senior's Discount, and the GB week offer seemed too good to miss.  ;)

I followed the link to FSS, logged in, added each of the seven airfields to my basket, went to checkout, entered my card details, confirmed, but the total cost remained the same, with no sign of an "OAP" discount as I was about to press the final button.  At that stage I chickened out, not wanting to get involved in protesting after the fact.

Especially as I hope to be buying Scotland too, very, very soon, not to mention Global next month, could someone explain exactly when or how one can see the discount being applied, before it's too late in the buying process?

It's very probably my own fault, but I couldn't find a way to ask FSS.

Thanks, Jim H.

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You now have a mini riot on your hands, or in FSS' hands!  >:(

I took you're word for it, went back into FSS, logged in, found my basket still contained the seven Uk Airports, went through the checkout all the way, and I have an email from FSS, showing the full amount.

What do I do now, please ?

From a disappointed Jim.

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You now have a mini riot on your hands, or in FSS' hands!  >:(

I took you're word for it, went back into FSS, logged in, found my basket still contained the seven Uk Airports, went through the checkout all the way, and I have an email from FSS, showing the full amount.

What do I do now, please ?

From a disappointed Jim.

Jim, the discount was indeed applied. If you compare the prices of those EU airports on your order with the prices shown on their respective product pages when NOT logged into your FSS account you'll find that they were automatically reduced based on your senior discount status. Simple to miss I guess.

Thank you, Adrian.  I apologise for the fuss.

I've just been back to the FSS, to check the procedure, and of course you are quite correct.

I'll try to be more observant next time.  No excuses!

Best Wishes, Jim

I just grabbed the promotion pack, having pondered for long whether to get the scenery due to "wallet emptiness". An unexpected extra paycheque helped as well as your nice incentive. Thanks a lot :-)

It will be automatically deducted from your SCO purchase at checkout time at FSS.

Hello,

Just to let you know that this doesn't appear to be happening.

I bought Scotland this morning and was charged full price even though I had previously bought both England and Wales.

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Orbx - FTX: EU Scotland (ORB-726) = AUD$40.95

Delivery Option Instant Download

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $40.95

Total: $40.95

You may want to check with them about whether their system is working 100% correctly.

thanks

Gavin

Archived