Chilly over Bali

jpreou

In pursuit of more "what can she do", I used REX to find a thunderstorm. There was a doozy (real-time) over Bali, so I teleported myself and my trusty RV-7A over there :)

Took off in said thunderstorm and climbed, circled and climbed. It was bumpy and noisy: REX put on a real show.

At around 12000ft I got icing. So I did the only sensible thing any pilot would do in that situation (yeah right!); I went cold and dark and dead-stick'd it back down into Bali.

Here is the RV-7A all iced up...

201362194944753.jpg

After that I took up the ultralight trike; that was challenge!

Then I went with Ant's Swamp Wallaby; and that is when things went a little weird; just for fun I decided to use the map screen to jump up the alti instead of climbing. Ahhh, lets make it interesting; 500,000ft! What happen? INVERTED FLAT SPIN ... upwards! FSX got confused. I went cold and dark, and it still spun vertically upwards. I went and had a shower and when I cam back it was over 2 million feet up! (still in the inverted flat spin, and there was an 18kt wind up there, apparently!). Time to hit ESC and end the flight, methinks! Yep, FSX can just be plane [sic] fun sometimes! :)

201362203558678.jpg

Happy Birthday tomorrow Queenie :)

Archived