an iFly737 flight (mostly) - 9 pics

sightseer

This is mostly from my latest purchase - the iFly737 for P3D. These are all from a flight I took from Eugene KEUG to Grant Intl KMWH. The first pic is obviously not a 737 -- its the Scout nearing a recent purchase that I enjoy but cant think of the name of at this moment...west of South Hampton a bit. that's the first pic and then the rest are EUG to MWH.

Have you ever been proud of yourself? I had flown the default 737 quite a bit but not in a while. I had taken a flight from KDAL down to Houston Hobby and then KDAL to KLIT Little Rock and then on my third flight of my brand new plane, I decided I need some weather and so I started REX and too that KDAL to KLIT flight again. It was only partly cloudy on departure but the arrival -- I was following ILS - and very impressed that the plane will autotune ILS for you -- it gives you both ILS and VNAV/LNAV indicators...I didn't even know that I was actually following LNAV/VNAV... but anyway...Im following and descending and Im on target and I cant see a thing...its solid grey... "2500"..."approaching minimums"..."minimums"...I still cant see a thing. Im following the markers and just right near the runway I finally see some lights and it wasn't a terrible landing...I got it down and didn't go off the other end of the runway. I was kinda proud of myself. After so much of not flying anything re3motely similar to a 737, I was able to land it in very low visibility.

so...thanks for reading and heres a few pics from a nice clear weather flight.

Uvkb.jpg

jYa1.jpg

BwQl.jpg

every knob and switch works on this thing. if anything doesn't work, I don't know it.

mul6C.jpg

bjCTd.jpg

dMYTw.jpg

EcerL.jpg

ubds.jpg

uDHk4.jpg

Thanks for looking (and reading if you did).

That is exactly it! When you challenge yourself and succeed in an approach like you did, the feeling of satisfaction is like a rush! Congrats for trying. Great new toy in your collection. (And by the way, I read it...). ;D

These shots are quite impressive, I really love the sunset or sunrise in the first shot, absolutely gorgeous. What DirectX version are you running P3D in? I am curious because the sunset/sunrise seems to look much more realistic than anything I've been able to create using REX and Shade in FSX...

Excellent set Dave and thanks for the interesting read.

Looks like you are an accomplished tubeflyer. Too many switches and buttons for me to do it by the book though.

Very nice shots.....but I'm glad it's you rather than me at the controls of that big tube.  All those rules and radios and buttons give me a head ache to even look at!

No rules when I fly Stig, an seldom more that 1 passenger, which is just as well

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Im not into rules though. You have to follow instructions to get the plane started but after that I only follow as many rules as I want. and Im definitely not 'accomplished'...but I can fly. I just think its a blast to be able to see and hear the same

things that Ive seen and heard on a million 737 flights - and I never knew why the default was different (engine speed sound for example) - I only knew it was different. But now with this plane I hear what sounds like a train whistle and I know it means "approaching altitude bug"...and the engines sound just like on all those flights. I used to sit in the back of the plane and hear that odd whistle sound and wonder "what was wrong with the aircraft?"...nothing...and now I know.

Excellent set Dave and thanks for the interesting read.

Looks like you are an accomplished tubeflyer. Too many switches and buttons for me to do it by the book though.

No rules when I fly Stig, an seldom more that 1 passenger, which is just as well

These shots are quite impressive, I really love the sunset or sunrise in the first shot, absolutely gorgeous. What DirectX version are you running P3D in? I am curious because the sunset/sunrise seems to look much more realistic than anything I've been able to create using REX and Shade in FSX...

Thanks :) Its a sunset. I designed it myself and it took me a while to get that look. Its altitude and visibility dependent due to the way FSX/P3D are written. Im hoping P3D v2 will make things easier and more realistic for everyone. Where I live we tend to get a lot of sunsets that are just small areas of color and that can be really hard to do when the texture for the whole sky is 32bits by 32 bits. I think almost all sunsets will look that way if you don't have clouds or haze. Im really hoping that P3Dv2 will use weather to determine sky appearance so that it can be more realistic. I was creating some skies that I could share but Ive kinda dropped that for now. I have too much else on my mind for now.

Archived