Download speeds

Bassman

I am at present downloading CEN4 and speed is avg 100 KB/s on my ADSL2+.

I realise that this is mostly dependant upon my own internet provider and it's sytems etc however I am just wondering at what average speed the freeware is actually being uploaded from Orbx? This will in the first instance dictate at what maximum possible speed I could download.

I don't think you can receive/download information faster than the information is leaving the server?

Cheers Dan

Maximum is 2G/17/55

In other words about a 10,000 fold of what your connection is allowing you at the moment :)

Let me put it like this, I am downloading it as a test using IDM at the moment at 18.3Mbp/s ... it took 8.92 seconds to download and reconstruct the file.

I have also moved this from support as it was not a support issue

I would suggest as well to use www.internetdownloadmanager.com (free trial but believe you me you will end up buying it because it is brilliant)

IDM is Orbx official preferred download manager. Nothing else I will provide support for because I have tried all of the top 10 download managers and none come close to IDM's robust quality.

Have no doubt regarding all the suggestions but still don't get it due to my lack of knowledge.

How does an external program such as those suggested allow me to downlopad faster than is permitted

by my internet provider which is "Optusnet" in Australia?????

Have no doubt regarding all the suggestions but still don't get it due to my lack of knowledge.

How does an external program such as those suggested allow me to downlopad faster than is permitted

by my internet provider which is "Optusnet" in Australia?????

it makes multiple connections ......................... ;)

it makes multiple connections ......................... ;)

It still won't go faster than your bandwidth is throttled by your provider. At least not by much. You can *sort* of go over your throttled limit with multiple connections but not by any appreciable amount. You're not all of a sudden going to have 20 megabit downloads on a 15 megabit connection. Maybe 15.2 megabits. Unless your provider is throttling your bandwidth *per connection* but I have no idea why they would do something so stupid.

-stefan

Archived