Surprisingly capable F-16!

jpreou

There have been quite a few modern military jet posts recently, and since I finally loaded my Aerosoft F-16 I thought

I would add my own.

But as many of you have no doubt worked out, when I am not flying the Alpha 160 for my PPL training, I like to let

loose a little.

Of course, in hindsight I should have chosen a more lightly loaded bird and not the fully equipped F-16C, but I

didn't think of that!

What's he on about, you all ask?

Well, it's like this ... it turns out that you can ... just about ... operate the F-16 in and out of Milford Sound!

:)

So here is the pictorial...

No-one seems bemused by the F-16C sitting on the apron spooled up and ready to go!

Posted Image

Used the whole runway length, including some grass at either end, and dragged the wheels through the very tops of

the trees on climb out, but climb out I did! <G>

Posted Image

... and in celebration a low pass back down the runway (once I'd climbed on full reheat out of the valley of

course!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Time to head out to sea and think about my approach back in. This could be tricky!

Posted Image

...just liked the sunlight on this one...

Posted Image

The people in the boat must be scratching their heads round about now. Actually, I am too!

Posted Image

Low and slow, keep some power on, everything hanging out, drag this beast in!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guy in the 'tower' (there isn't one!) is thinking "What the?! No way Dude!"

"Yes way, my friend!" :)

Posted Image

Ok, fair one, he was right. Had to haul in all the hanging out bits and hit the afterburner in a big hurry!

Posted Image

... buuut, I don't give up that easy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alright, fair enough, I missed the runway slightly, but come on, be fair, its a pretty narrow piece of tarmac for

an F-16!

Posted Image

Posted Image

But believe it or not (and I didn't, but there it is) you *can* get this bird stopped in time (just) by throwing

everything out and standing on the brakes! No braking parachutes here either!

The proof is in the pudding. You *can* operate a fully loaded F-16C out of Milford Sound.

Should you? Probably not! Fun, nevertheless :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL Enjoyed that.

No-one seems bemused by the F-16C sitting on the apron spooled up and ready to go!

They always ignore me too. I think they stand around complaining about us Orbx boys taking over their airports.

Very nice! I did a landing on a short runway myself (EHLE in Holland) with an Aerosoft F16 and got it stopped in time. It's hard to land the F16, even if the runway is long enough so kudos for this landing. The F16 needs a lot practicing to land it.

Archived