Work in progress Royal Marine Harrier II Plus

Daddy Bear

Hello folks. I am working on this 'what if' fictitious skin for the RAZBAM Harrier II Plus. It is still a bit rough around the edges, that registration is a bit big and blurry but I am still working on it.

Once upon a time the Royal Marines flew fixed wing combat aircraft. Well okay it was WW2 but even today the Royal Marines have a hand full of Lynx helicopters and Royal Marine pilots have flown for or are flying with the RAF, the RN, the British Army and other allies around the world, some even fly fast jets so here is my dream 'what if'. A Royal Marine BAe Harrier FRS Mk3 of 847 CBAS (Commando Brigade Air Squadron) out of RMAS St Mawgan, Cornwall, United Kingdom. Well? What the hey?

It won't take me long before I am happy with it but in the meantime I need to know where I might upload it or even if anybody would be interested in it. I was thinking OZX. What says you?

Posted Image

Cheers

Phil F

I would say you are OK with OZx, as I have quite a few on there and it is so easy to upload.

Also the added factor is if you get stuck; shout and help will come a'running.. :)

Like the paint and the idea.. Anything goes in FSX, if it sounds reasonable..

Would be cool to be able to paint . One of the things I cant do , I should because there's plenty I would want.

Good job done !

Mate get two bits of free software. DXTBmp and GIMP 2.8 (Photo Shop for people who cannot afford Photo Shop. In fact GIMP is 100% free of charge, I have used both and GIMP does, as near as makes no odds, everything that PS can do). Go to YouTube and have a go with some of the tutorials. Most of them use Photo Shop as the editor but as I said, pretty much every action is re-producible in GIMP. With a bit of a play, a bit of practice and a bit of advice asked and given and you'll be off. Start off modifying existing skins, that's what I did with this one. It is amazing how quick you can pick it up.

Cheers

Phil F

Well I think I am happy enough with the repaint now. It isn't really a repaint, just a tweak of another repaint.

I really was having more trouble than I thought I'd have getting the registration right so I have simply gone for a low vis option and adjusted the ROYAL MARINES moniker to match that shade. I think it works.

All I need to do now is sort out the aircraft cfg file and make sure it works and then find somewhere to upload it.

Posted Image

Cheers

Phil F

Archived