SAC NRM hut resupply

creekdog

A few weeks back, Greywolf and I decided to take a little hop around the Northern Rockies to break in the newly painted SAC Ch53 AKA The Beast. We got connected, hit real world weather and we're off!

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK! Maybe we should have actually read the weather report, but, we took the gig, so we're flying it! On Time, On Target!

Posted Image

Too busy trying to see to get a screenie before the first hut, but, hey we found it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh yeah, it's a lovely day to find little huts in the middle of nowhere!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that blue sky?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not falling for the "Hey, I think it's clearing up!" again....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whaddaya mean "Just leave it outside, we'll get it later."? You have to sign for this load!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey, when'd it stop snowing?

Posted Image

Oh, yeah! Now I can see forever!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting close to the last drop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last drop of the day! We'll stop here a few and have some coffee with old Mose....really, it was just coffee!

Posted Image

And it looks like we're going to have to work for it again....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Day's not over yet, got to run some engine parts down to High River....

Posted Image

Who cares about the snow when you get views like this from your office?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Over the Plains and headed for the barn...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Somebody close that door!

Posted Image

Grand day of flying...Biscuit time!

Posted Image

That looks like FANTASTIC fun!! I'm particularly intrigued by the multi-player aspect of the flying.

Very impressive stuff.

You are brave.

Great series. You could have taken the hut with you in the MH-53

Stig, multiplayer flight is great fun. Flights like this are a good example; we switched off flying legs and taking turns being extra eyes, calling out altitudes and speeds, looking for trees and tiny little huts...and giving each other a hard time too ;D . Plus when you're flying co-pilot you can get screenies like crazy!

Alex, not so much much brave as really trusting the gps and charts.....plus a couple beers were involved too!

Pgreenwo, I thought the same about a couple about some of the smaller ones. I love this helo; it's huge, but is a joy to fly!

That looks like FANTASTIC fun!! I'm particularly intrigued by the multi-player aspect of the flying.

Very impressive stuff.

Yeah Stig..................We pretty much only fly "Share Aircraft" multiplayer now. I may fly an occassional flight or two here and there myself but thats it. The hard part is finding planes and heli's that will ALLOW "Share Aircraft". PMDG, Captian Sim, Nemeth Designs and a few more have more compicated gauges and such and are not made to Share Aircraft. We still fly them sometimes but we each have to pilot the aircraft separately when flying those models. But yeah, Pilot/Co Pilot is BIG fun though. We love it.

Archived