Any Previews of Scotland yet?

joe d park

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We expect to release the beta build to the testing team on June 10th, perhaps even slightly earlier. The release should be within two weeks of beta. Please don't hold me to those timeframes though.

The current alpha build is looking great, there are many new unique textures in the region and in particular we have used a photoreal base to include a Cityscape Edinburgh in the region, much like Seattle in PNW. We can't show any screenshots until the beta stage (as is our policy) and there is some autogen annotation still to be completed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We expect to release the beta build to the testing team on June 10th, perhaps even slightly earlier. The release should be within two weeks of beta. Please don't hold me to those timeframes though.

The current alpha build is looking great, there are many new unique textures in the region and in particular we have used a photoreal base to include a Cityscape Edinburgh in the region, much like Seattle in PNW. We can't show any screenshots until the beta stage (as is our policy) and there is some autogen annotation still to be completed anyway.

Hi John

Are we still on track :)

CC at the ready, really looking forward to this

For those of you that are not from the area, KKLS is the airport Kelso WA... ORBX FTX PNW did it justice I thought.  Anyway, a scottish settler named it after his hometown back in Scotland.  So being from new-world Kelso I am very much looking forward to visiting Kelso Scotland, at least the virtual one in this FTX region.

Hey Iain, I'm from thankerton, a small village just east of tinto hill in the Scottish lowlands, a pic of that area and around Biggar would be great. My first flight will be in a hawk, around the well known low level routes south of lossie then down the west coast and into the low level routes of the borders. I know them well, and used to drive down to Keswick to watch the jets coming north up thirmlee I think it's called. Great spot from those stone circles. A jag and tonka crashed there years ago then they made the route one way, you probably know it well Iain.

Look forward to your shots Iain, although I must admit, I look at a few then never look again, I like to explore myself, I have only looked at a dozen global shots!

Scotland.......One step closer to Northern Ireland getting released i hope! Northern Ireland, the most neglected region of Europe in flight simulation. Was hoping the Horizon/ Play Horizon folks would have gotten to it by now but i'm wanting the Orbx scenery when it comes. It will also be my first purchase when released.

Archived