Ahh I see Jim Tweeto is coming to Anchorage for maintenance of his 180! Great pictures!

Do you use any enhancements for the sun and dawn lighting?

And (even if it was asked in another thread): Is the ground lighting system the new (V2) 3D-lights?

Hi Docbird,

I use REX for the sun and dawn lighting. Nothing else is used.

No other ground enhancements have been used.

Regards

Craig

Thanks, Craig, for the fast turn around! Great work! Looking forward to fly there!

Many happy landings! Till

P.S. What about the 3D-lights in Anchorage (V1or V2)?

I dont know if they are used or not ?????..I'm sorry I cant answer that one

No problem, Craig. SAK is most likely not the region with the strongest impact of 3D-lights anyway ...

Having said that: In Ultimate Alaska Anchorage is one of the heaviest regions for my system so a bit of relieve would be appreciated. Can you comment on the fps of SAK in and around Anchorage?

Nice shots, looking forward to SAK!

Some questions regarding compatibility: I assume it perfectly blends with Flight1's Ultimate Alaska and UTX Canada as other FTX NA regions do? What about Aerosoft's/sim-wings PANC, did you try that yet?

Regards,

Nick

SAK is using the V1 3D lights but there aren't many urban areas there anyway so it's not a big impact.

Whilst testing SAK the FPS was never a concern, always smooth as silk for me even at PANC.

Great news. Glad to hear that!

Nice shots, looking forward to SAK!

Some questions regarding compatibility: I assume it perfectly blends with Flight1's Ultimate Alaska and UTX Canada as other FTX NA regions do? What about Aerosoft's/sim-wings PANC, did you try that yet?

Regards,

Nick

I do not personally have Aerosoft's PANC but I know that Holger has been working hard for maximum compatibility. Our Anchorage CBD coverage does not overlap with the photoreal coverage of PANC so with both together there should be pretty good photoreal coverage of Anchorage

Hi Nick,

Ultimate Alaska X compatibility is the same as with the other regions and UTX products, meaning their night lights and some airport adjustments in the overlap area need to be deactivated; we'll provide the file list upon release of SAK.

I've managed to adjust our PANC files to match the flattens and other components of Aerosoft's PANC and there will be two options of integrating the two products (essentially with or without the PANC extended photoreal coverage). Be aware though that Aerosoft's PANC is not exactly gentle on frames and thus may require some slider adjustments when flying in the Anchorage area.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Alex and Holger!

Be aware though that Aerosoft's PANC is not exactly gentle on frames and thus may require some slider adjustments when flying in the Anchorage area.

Well, not the place to start a discussion here, but Thorsten Loth pointed out that compared to the default scenery you may loose only approximately 3 - 5 FPS with his one. A main reason for a performance hit could be Ultimate Alaska, maybe you might find that helpful: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/48344-anchorage-x-released/#entry325510

Having set the UA buildings as AutoGen I have PANC locked perfectly at my 30 FPS limit with full Scenery Complexity and AutoGen, Water Low 2.x and average traffic settings.

But anyways, nice to hear that you work for compatibility. Looking forward :)

Hi Nick,

Ultimate Alaska X compatibility is the same as with the other regions and UTX products, meaning their night lights and some airport adjustments in the overlap area need to be deactivated; we'll provide the file list upon release of SAK.

I've managed to adjust our PANC files to match the flattens and other components of Aerosoft's PANC and there will be two options of integrating the two products (essentially with or without the PANC extended photoreal coverage). Be aware though that Aerosoft's PANC is not exactly gentle on frames and thus may require some slider adjustments when flying in the Anchorage area.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Alex and Holger!

Well, not the place to start a discussion here, but Thorsten Loth pointed out that compared to the default scenery you may loose only approximately 3 - 5 FPS with his one. A main reason for a performance hit could be Ultimate Alaska, maybe you might find that helpful: http://forum.aerosof...ed/#entry325510

Having set the UA buildings as AutoGen I have PANC locked perfectly at my 30 FPS limit with full Scenery Complexity and AutoGen, Water Low 2.x and average traffic settings.

But anyways, nice to hear that you work for compatibility. Looking forward :)

Thanks, Nick, for the link!

Hi Holger,

the suggestion in the linked thread is: "...Set "use library objects as buildings" to "use autogen buildings" in the Ultimate Alaska Setup tool for Anchorage area! This will significantly improve the frames without the loss of objects."

I wonder if that will be necessary once SAK is installed? Isn't SAK above the UAX and doesn't it prevail over UAX? If so UAX should be suppressed in Anchorage area and therefore buildings should be ORBX-buildings instead of UAX-buildings, right? That should solve the fps-issue.

Isn't SAK above the UAX and doesn't it prevail over UAX? If so UAX should be suppressed in Anchorage area and therefore buildings should be ORBX-buildings instead of UAX-buildings, right? That should solve the fps-issue.

Hello DocBird,

That's what I think, too. As Holger said here, any Ultimate Terrain or other landclass scenery in the Orbx area is completely excluded, except for the night lighting (but as said before you can deactivate it manually).

Possibly sim-wings' PANC acts different on some systems. But even the default scenery of Anchorage is a bit of a penalty, so pulling the sliders gently to the left is not the worst thing you can do ;)

Archived